Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Update on the next CD...

Go down 
+12
fishingd
Schbopo
Lurideath
skullsmasher
Stender
nevermore
mc666
Fat Freddy
kmorg
scottmitchell74
thejokeriv
ultmetal
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Update on the next CD... Empty
PostSubject: Update on the next CD...   Update on the next CD... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 9:18 am

Retroactive is scheduling us studio time in late January to begin recording. We have time scheduled in the next couple weeks to go into the studio to begin laying down scratch tracks and to map our click tracks. Things should start progressing quickly after that. I will update you all as I can.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Update on the next CD...   Update on the next CD... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 10:33 am

Sweet!!!!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Update on the next CD...   Update on the next CD... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 10:43 am

This will be 1/24 for 2009! Looking forward to it. cheers
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Update on the next CD...   Update on the next CD... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 5:41 am

Great news! Can't wait to hear the result! Did you settle for a title yet?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Update on the next CD...   Update on the next CD... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 8:55 am

Cool news.

...you ARE using "Music From Our Elders," arent' you?? Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Update on the next CD...   Update on the next CD... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 10:32 am

I ran that title by the record company. We're getting together on Tuesday to finalize that album title.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Update on the next CD...   Update on the next CD... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 10:52 am

ultmetal wrote:
I ran that title by the record company. We're getting together on Tuesday to finalize that album title.

Awesome!!!!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Update on the next CD...   Update on the next CD... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 11:02 am

make this one heavier & faster

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Update on the next CD...   Update on the next CD... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 1:05 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Way cool... Do I win an autographed copy of the CD if you use it? Laughing (I know, I'm insufferable!)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Update on the next CD...   Update on the next CD... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 1:37 pm

mc666 wrote:
make this one heavier & faster

All covers this time around. We are doing some Overkill, Motorhead, etc. so there will be some fast stuff.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: Update on the next CD...   Update on the next CD... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 6:44 pm

The new cd will be "a must purchase".
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Update on the next CD...   Update on the next CD... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 6:54 pm

Do guys know how many tracks will be on it?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Update on the next CD...   Update on the next CD... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 7:10 pm

Stender wrote:

The minimum is eleven. Probably 12 or more. We may also add a remixed version of "Wrathchild" from Into the Pit as a bonus track. Seems fitting for this CD.

Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Update on the next CD...   Update on the next CD... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 4:20 pm

sounds cool, looking forward to it
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Update on the next CD...   Update on the next CD... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 10:55 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Stender wrote:

The minimum is eleven. Probably 12 or more. We may also add a remixed version of "Wrathchild" from Into the Pit as a bonus track. Seems fitting for this CD.

I hope Burn is going to make an apearence as well.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Update on the next CD...   Update on the next CD... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 10:57 pm

Stender wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Stender wrote:

Burn was a cover song? scratch

Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Update on the next CD...   Update on the next CD... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 11:01 pm

mc666 wrote:
Stender wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Stender wrote:

Yeah! check out mechanics of perilous times.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Update on the next CD...   Update on the next CD... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 11:21 pm

Stender wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Stender wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Stender wrote:

Yeah! check out mechanics of perilous times.
cool, thanks. i never connected the dots. i was never a big VR fan.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Update on the next CD...   Update on the next CD... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 8:48 am

Actually, "Burn" was written by Glenn Rogers and was indeed a Vengeance Rising song off "Human Sacrifice". Actually, I am amazed at how many people thought that was an Ultimatum original.

We will be doing another Vengeance Rising cover on the new CD from "Once Dead" called "Can't Get Out", so I doubt that "Burn" will be on the CD too. That song was recorded with a different line-up as well.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

PostSubject: Re: Update on the next CD...   Update on the next CD... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 4:35 pm

I hope you record this one so it all sounds like a continuous CD instead of different type mixes where it sounds like 3 different albums (like the last one did).
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Update on the next CD...   Update on the next CD... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 7:20 pm

Try not to suck. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Update on the next CD...   Update on the next CD... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 11:18 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Actually, "Burn" was written by Glenn Rogers and was indeed a Vengeance Rising song off "Human Sacrifice". Actually, I am amazed at how many people thought that was an Ultimatum original.

We will be doing another Vengeance Rising cover on the new CD from "Once Dead" called "Can't Get Out", so I doubt that "Burn" will be on the CD too. That song was recorded with a different line-up as well.

Oh, so "Can't get out" is going to be on there though?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Update on the next CD...   Update on the next CD... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 9:25 am

Stender wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Oh, so "Can't get out" is going to be on there though?

That's the plan.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Update on the next CD...   Update on the next CD... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 1:10 pm

Last night we finished up "Can't Get Out" from Vengeance. We made a few minor changes to the song.

We will be tracking songs in the studio this coming Tuesday (1/6).

Thursday we are going to polish up the Overkill and Schenker covers and also work on "Steeler" from Priest.

We still didn't nail down a title, although we did throw out quite a few of the suggestions.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
fishingd

Number of posts : 297

PostSubject: Re: Update on the next CD...   Update on the next CD... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 12:09 pm

I`m not big on Cover songs album..But I`m a big fan of Ultimatum so I will get it this one!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update on the next CD...   Update on the next CD... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Update on the next CD...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next