Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Into the Pit update 8/07

Go down 
+5
Rex
SideShowDisaSter
T-Roy
kmorg
ultmetal
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Into the Pit update 8/07 Empty
PostSubject: Into the Pit update 8/07   Into the Pit update 8/07 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 9:13 pm

Well, if all goes well, the final mixes of the CD should be on their way to Retroactive by tomorrow or Friday at the latest. Hopefully by this weekend I can give you all a release date.

The new mixes sound GREAT! Raw, heavy and crunchy! We ended up with 11 songs total. All the songs, including the one's that were on the limited edition EP have been re-recorded, and in some cases, changed slightly. The new versions of those songs sound BETTER than those on the EP.

1 One For All
2 Exonerate
3 Deathwish
4 Blood Covenant
5 Heart of Metal
6 Wrathchild
7 Transgressor
8 Blink
9 Blind Faith
10 Into the Pit (instrumental)
11 Game Over

The instrumental was basically written by Rob Whilock (brontotex) on the bass. Robert added the finishing touches. This is the first song since our "Fatal Delay" demo to feature keyboards. No worries though, it's far from sounding wimpy. "Blink" should blow any long time fans away. It's how we always dreamed this song would sound. Full blown, double bass assault, killer guitar tones, and wait til you hear the guitar solo. Much like "Burn" on Mechanics, we made the cover on this album our own. It keeps the basics of the original Maiden song, but we've written the song in an Ultimatum style. I really like how the 'scream' in the middle of the song came out.

All the vocals on this CD were done by myself, except for the gang vocals on Blind Faith and Heart of Metal, which had the entire band and my brother shouting. The remainder of the vocals, including all the background vocals, screams, growls, etc. were all me. No effects added except for some reverb and delay in a few parts.

All the rhythm guitars were recorded by Robert. 95% of the guitar solos were also recorded by Robert. Augustine recorded the lone solo in "Blink", and shared lead duties with Robert on "One For All" and "Blood Covenant".

New drummer Alan Tuma is responsible for the drum work on "Deathwish", "Into the Pit", "Wrathchild" and "One For All".

Any other questions are welcome.

ult
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit update 8/07   Into the Pit update 8/07 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 10:44 am

I can't wait to get it!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit update 8/07   Into the Pit update 8/07 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2007 12:44 pm

seriously! CAN'T......WAIT.......ANY......MORE!!! Good luck tomorrow
night bro. Kill 'em dead! Somebody yell out "SLAAAAAYEEEEEERRRRRRR" for
me. LOL (not that i would know!)
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit update 8/07   Into the Pit update 8/07 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 8:09 pm

...and my friends. It is done. Masters will be heading to the record company tomorrow morning! HORRRRAYYYYY!!!!

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit update 8/07   Into the Pit update 8/07 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 11:36 pm

Sweetness! Any more updates?
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit update 8/07   Into the Pit update 8/07 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 9:21 am

'BOUT STINKIN' TIME!!!!!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit update 8/07   Into the Pit update 8/07 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 11:17 am

Waiting on the record company to call me back with a release date.

ult

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4596

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit update 8/07   Into the Pit update 8/07 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 2:02 pm

SWEET! Always ready for some more Ultimatum!

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit update 8/07   Into the Pit update 8/07 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 8:30 am

I might see if the guys are cool with me posting a track for you guys to hear.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit update 8/07   Into the Pit update 8/07 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 8:48 am

I just sent you a proof scott.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit update 8/07   Into the Pit update 8/07 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 10:22 am

Got it.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit update 8/07   Into the Pit update 8/07 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 2:39 pm

OK, spoke to Matt from Retoactive today on the phone. Looks like he is
shooting for a release of the last week in October. HOWEVER, there is a
small chance it might be released earlier than that. Everything is on
schedule for that release date or earlier, so it just depends on the duplicator's
schedule. If anything changes I'll let you know. As of know, October
30th is the approximate release date.

Until that time, GET THE REMASTERS! Both Symphonic and Mechanics are available on Ebay, Amazon.com, TheEndRecords.com, CDBaby.com

Just an FYI, TheEndRecords offers free shipping and fast service.

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit update 8/07   Into the Pit update 8/07 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 2:54 pm

ultmetal wrote:
What? You're the singer, man! You OWN the band!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit update 8/07   Into the Pit update 8/07 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 3:15 pm

Eyesore wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
What? You're the singer, man! You OWN the band!

Ha! Not quite. Into the Pit update 8/07 19976
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit update 8/07   Into the Pit update 8/07 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 5:05 pm

New updated proofs sent Scott.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit update 8/07   Into the Pit update 8/07 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 9:58 pm

Thanks Rex. I'll have to get them in the morning. Don't have access to that address at home.

ult

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit update 8/07   Into the Pit update 8/07 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 12:57 pm

Does Rob Halford know you stole his song name? Wink
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit update 8/07   Into the Pit update 8/07 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 1:05 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:

Are you talking about Into the Pit? I like the double meaning of this title. It has to do with metal and has the spiritual meaning as well. The song "Into the Pit" is actually an instrumental on our album and was named by Rob Whitlock, who wrote the song. 🤘
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit update 8/07   Into the Pit update 8/07 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 1:11 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:

No, but Testament know Rob stole theirs...... Laughing very hard

Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 659

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit update 8/07   Into the Pit update 8/07 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 4:15 pm

ultmetal wrote:
The new versions of those songs sound BETTER than those on the EP.
Scott don't tell us that. Don't we the loyal fans deserve to have something better that the casual fans don't for once. Alright I guess we did get the autographs but still... Into the Pit update 8/07 543534
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit update 8/07   Into the Pit update 8/07 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 8:50 pm

Well, we had to re-record all the songs, so they are different. Therefore you have different versions of the songs on the EP than will appear on the album. "Blind Faith" was actually shortened for the album. Robert recorded a completely different guitar solo. Steve recorded a longer solo on the EP version. "One For All" and "Deathwish" were re-recorded with Alan Tuma on drums. Augustine Ortiz recorded new guitar solos over Steve's in "One For All" as well. His style is very different from Steve's. He's a jazz player, so he uses these odd jazz scales in the solos. Very cool, very unique. Sooooo, you, the loyal fans, have a unique, limited edition EP. Also, the Testament cover will not be on Into the Pit. Instead we recorded our own version of "Wrathchild" by Iron Maiden.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit update 8/07   Into the Pit update 8/07 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 9:09 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Instead we recorded our own version of "Wrathchild" by Iron Maiden.

Sweet! 🤘
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit update 8/07   Into the Pit update 8/07 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 1:44 pm

Hope you like it. I think it came out great!

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit update 8/07   Into the Pit update 8/07 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 12:33 am

Man, I knew you guys stole the riff to "Blind Faith!" You stole from Pantera! Hahaha.

DOWN BELOW

Kidding, of course, but I always thought that riff was familiar.
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit update 8/07   Into the Pit update 8/07 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2007 8:05 am

A bit familiar maybe, they're not in the same key. I had never heard that Pantera song before. The Pantera song actually reminded me of "No, No, No" by Def Leppard immediately.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Into the Pit update 8/07   Into the Pit update 8/07 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Into the Pit update 8/07
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next