Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous

Go down 
+7
the sentinel
ultmetal
nevermore
Olafsto
akeldama
manny
MetalGuy71
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous   Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 9:17 am

I ordered this on LP. Didn't realize the LP came with a bonus 7" with two live songs not on the CD. The LP already sold out too.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous   Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 9:00 am

Anyone else order this CD? Listening to it again today. Thin Lizzy rule!

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous   Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 9:58 am

As soon as my finances improve I plan to pick it up, I'll pretty much buy anything Phil related.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous   Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 10:51 am

Still need to order it. Been spending a bit too much lately, but this one should be my next purchase
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous   Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 10:56 am

I need to pick this CD up also, I have a question for Thin Lizzy fans, when I was growing up, at least here in the States, Thin Lizzy were only popular with musicians and music lovers, almost zero airplay (expect for the Boys tune), no MTV support, barely any media coverage.

In the last few years their seems to be resurrgence of interest in the band, VH1 promoting the band, VH1's Eddie Trunk raving about them, and reissues, live albums, and DVD's all being released. As a fan I am very happy but puzzled why this taking place now and not when Phil was alive and band was active, any thoughts on why this taking place?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous   Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 11:00 am

manny wrote:
I need to pick this CD up also, I have a question for Thin Lizzy fans, when I was growing up, at least here in the States, Thin Lizzy were only popular with musicians and music lovers, almost zero airplay (expect for the Boys tune), no MTV support, barely any media coverage.

In the last few years their seems to be resurrgence of interest in the band, VH1 promoting the band, VH1's Eddie Trunk raving about them, and reissues, live albums, and DVD's all being released. As a fan I am very happy but puzzled why this taking place now and not when Phil was alive and band was active, any thoughts on why this taking place?

Can't really answer that one. I've loved this band since I was a kid and never understood why they weren't more popular. I remember reviews for albums following Live & Dangerous being very poor. Again, never could understand that.

Perhaps the reason for the resurrgence is because when Thin Lizzy were around, those in charge of magazines, media, etc. weren't into them, whereas now, it's those fans like myself that grew up on them that are in charge of the media outlets.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous   Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 11:02 am

detuned wrote:
As soon as my finances improve I plan to pick it up, I'll pretty much buy anything Phil related.

I was in Wal-Fart the other night and saw this in the racks for $9.99 which isn't too bad I guess. I thought about picking it up, mainly for the fact that it was recorded in my hometown and I've actually been to the Tower Theater for many a show. Ultimately, I decided against it (for now anyway). Too many other cd's I want right now.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous   Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 11:07 am

manny wrote:

They were always popular here in Europe..
So i guess that only proves the fact that we are decades ahead of you yanks just kidding .

Seriously, i`m not sure why, but promotion may be one thing. They also toured a LOT all across Europe for years, not sure how much they toured in USA.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous   Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2