Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous

Go down 
+4
manny
Dave the Boss
James B.
ultmetal
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous Empty
PostSubject: THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous   THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 12:52 pm

Simply one of the greatest live albums ever recorded! headbanger

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous   THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 1:05 pm

I listened to it the other day while doing my 70's live album thing. I really like listening to vinyl THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous 11840

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous   THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 1:07 pm

Oh yes. THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous 11840
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous   THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 1:21 pm

I upgraded my damaged vinyl copy this week and it is one of my favorite albums, not just live albums, but albums in general. Love every song on this album and the performance is overflowing with energy.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous   THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 1:43 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Simply THE greatest live album ever recorded THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous 11840
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto

PostSubject: Re: THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous   THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 1:58 pm

Olafsto wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Simply THE greatest live album ever recorded THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous 11840

HOGWASH! I played in a couple of bands back in the 90's so I am entitled (nay, OBLIGATED!) to tell you this. Thin Lizzy's riffs are lazy and generic. What's up with that singer's voice? Rah rah rah! He sounds like a Muppet!

I much prefer (as you should) something with more substance than this rock-n-roll garbage!
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous   THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 2:01 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Olafsto wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

HOGWASH! I played in a couple of bands back in the 90's so I am entitled (nay, OBLIGATED!) to tell you this. Thin Lizzy's riffs are lazy and generic. What's up with that singer's voice? Rah rah rah! He sounds like a Muppet!

I much prefer (as you should) something with more substance than this rock-n-roll garbage!

THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous 201269
Very clever
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous   THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 10:29 pm

I like to call it "Not So Live And Dangerous". Great album that it is calling it a live album is a stretch.

Check out producer Tony Visconti's account of making Live & Dangerous..........

http://www.tonyvisconti.com/artists/thinlizzy/live.htm#c

75% recorded in the studio! Still a great album though, other than the Peel Sessions the best recordings of those songs and the best of the "Designer Live Albums" of the 70's.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25807

PostSubject: Re: THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous   THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:40 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Amen!!! THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous 11840
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous   THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 12:31 am

"Any of the gals here who'd like some more Irish in 'em?" Laughing
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous   THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 4:13 pm

Anyone pick up the Live & Dangerous DVD? Fantastic! Tons of extras. As a matter of fact, some of the extras are as good as the main feature.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous   THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:03 am

Yes! I just got about 5 Thin Lizzy DVD's and that was one of them, I haven't gotten to that one yet. I also prefer Life Live over Live & Dangerous but both are kick arse!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous   THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:09 am

akeldama wrote:
I also prefer Life Live over Live & Dangerous but both are kick arse!

THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous Affraid THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous Suspect

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous   THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:21 am

I take it you don't Scott, hehe.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous   THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 6:46 am

Yeah, that DVD is absolutely amazing. It's one of my favorite music DVDs actually.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous   THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 9:17 am

akeldama wrote:
I take it you don't Scott, hehe.

Not at all. I like both albums, but Live & Dangerous is just one of the greatest live albums of all time IMO. Life Live is a bit stiff in comparison. The massive studio touch ups really take away from the live energy. The BBC Radio One release from the same tour is actually superior IMO. It doesn't have any studio "fixes" and really captures that raw energy. Still, there is not such thing as bad Thin Lizzy. THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous Icon_biggrin

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous   THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 9:36 am

I have for years passed up 'Life: Live' many times, I need to grab that CD before they it goes out of print.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous   THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THIN LIZZY - Live & Dangerous
Page 1 of 1