Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous

Go down 
+7
the sentinel
ultmetal
nevermore
Olafsto
akeldama
manny
MetalGuy71
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous Empty
PostSubject: Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous   Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 3:55 pm

Swiped this from the Blabber, thought some here would find it interesting...

THIN LIZZY's seminal double live album "Live & Dangerous" is consistently featured in polls as one of the greatest live albums of all time. Yet it is not really a live record at all as it features overdubs and post-production across the album. March 2, 2009 sees the release of the "Still Dangerous", the real "Live & Dangerous"!

"Still Dangerous" is the raw, unadulterated, untouched sound of THIN LIZZY at the absolute height of its powers. Recorded on the band's sold-out 1977 "Bad Reputation" tour, "Still Dangerous" captures the classic quartet of Lynott, Downey, Gorham and Robertson on fire at the celebrated Tower Theatre in Philadelphia.

The album features tracks that never made the "Live & Dangerous" release and all cuts are previously unreleased. The album was mixed by the legendary Glyn Johns (THE ROLLING STONES, THE WHO, THE EAGLES, LED ZEPPELIN), with contributions from Scott Gorham and Brian Downey.

"Still Dangerous" is the definitive live statement from one of rock's most revered and enduring groups. The recordings that make up "Still Dangerous" were discovered by accident in an overlooked band lockup — a happy accident for THIN LIZZY fans and music fans in general as it is set to become an essential addition to the legacy of one of rocks greatest ever acts. The album is fully endorsed by Phil Lynott's estate and the band.

"Still Dangerous" is the first release on the Thin Lizzy Productions label (distributed by Proper Music Distribution).

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous   Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 4:03 pm

Cool posts!!!! Thanks Metalguy I am huge Thin Lizzy fan I am looking forward to this release.

Last edited by manny on Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous   Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 4:10 pm

Hellfreakinyeah!!!!!! I'll have to order it, because all we have here iw Wal-Mart and I'm sure they won't carry it.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous   Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 4:56 pm

manny wrote:
Cool posts!!!! Thanks Metalguy I am huge Thin Lizzy fan I am looking forward to this release.

So am I Very Happy !!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous   Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 5:09 pm

Don't forget about the recently release Live & Dangerous DVD which was taken from a single show recorded in England and is also sans-overdubs, post-production tinkering.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous   Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 5:12 pm

detuned wrote:
Don't forget about the recently release Live & Dangerous DVD which was taken from a single show recorded in England and is also sans-overdubs, post-production tinkering.

Yup. I still need to get this.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous   Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 5:16 pm

detuned wrote:

I have that on VHS it is nice to know it has been reissued on DVD, I have to add this to my list
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous   Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 6:51 pm

I will definitely be adding this to my collection!!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous   Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 8:00 pm

Very cool. They just released that UK Live '75 as well. Great recording.

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous   Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 8:13 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Very cool. They just released that UK Live '75 as well. Great recording.

I've been really enjoying that one.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous   Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 8:24 pm

Awesome!!! Just in time for my 35th Birthday!!! Very Happy 🤘
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous   Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 10:46 pm

SWEET

One of my favorite bands
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous   Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:34 pm

Bump. This comes out Tuesday for those interested. You can get a sneak preview at vh1classic.com.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous   Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 12:44 am

Thanks for the reminder. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous   Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 9:56 am

I have to get this.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous   Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 11:12 am

I may have my copy of this today.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous   Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 10:17 pm

I picked it up over the weekend. I really dig it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
steel warrior
Metal student
Metal student
steel warrior

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous   Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 10:58 pm

I have to buy this, absolutely.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous   Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 12:05 am

My copy is one the way. I'm disappointed that they didn't decide to include the entire concert. I have a great bootleg of this show and the entire show is great. Not sure why they only chose 10 songs.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous   Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 11:09 am

ultmetal wrote:
My copy is one the way. I'm disappointed that they didn't decide to include the entire concert. I have a great bootleg of this show and the entire show is great. Not sure why they only chose 10 songs.

they will probably release the others later so you'll fork over even more money for it. lol!

Last edited by sam on Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspelling)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
biddle
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
biddle

Number of posts : 337

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous   Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 9:52 am

Cd on order!!!

Wish i could find the limited edition wax for this. angry
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous   Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 9:55 am

biddle wrote:
Wish i could find the limited edition wax for this. angry

You and me both.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous   Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 9:57 am

Gentlemen you can get this on vinyl from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Still-Dangerous-Tower-Theatre-Philadelphia/dp/B001QWEE1W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1236776191&sr=1-2
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous   Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 10:03 am

Gracias. 🤘

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous   Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 3:26 pm

ultmetal wrote:

I agree. I have a bootleg of this show,too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous   Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thin Lizzy - Still Dangerous
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next