Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Happy Black Friday...NOT

Go down 
+15
exact33
jstate
candlemass
Required Fields
TheGooch
sam
spiritoradio
Schbopo
XYZ
nevermore
mc666
Wargod
manny
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Happy Black Friday...NOT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Black Friday...NOT   Happy Black Friday...NOT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 10:04 pm

jstate wrote:
A few years ago I thought I'd just go to the local Walmart early black friday to see what was going on. When they opened the store people rushed the front. It was insane. For some dumb reason I went inside. I have never seen a complete lack of humanity that I saw in that store. From people ramming the carts into each other (including into some poor elderly lady in a wheelchair), to the screaming and fighting over the sales. Just to leave was impossible with all the mayhem. It completely depressed me.

My black friday tradition is to hit the local Hastings and take advantage of their great music sales. Sadly it also serves to remind me how bad of shape the music industry is in. First in line before opening this girl explains to her mom that only idiots buy their music when it is free online. Then outside of maybe a few people who came in to pick out a select artist the only ones going through everything was me and some other thirty something guy. The rest of the store was the standard craziness. Got some great stuff though. When I checked out the very nice cashier said that I must be a big power seller on the internet to be buying all that. She looked completely baffled at the thought that it was stuff I intended to take home and listen to.

this is very sad, people have forgotten how to appreciate the joy of opening a new disc and enjoying the whole package. the music and the artwork that so many people worked hard on to create something that can be presented to others for their enjoyment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Happy Black Friday...NOT   Happy Black Friday...NOT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 10:33 pm

i dont mind going to work (in an office) as to avoid all the nonesense that goes on now. Going to wallymart on black friday is like giving meat to a pack of wild dogs and watching them tear it to shreds.....

the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Happy Black Friday...NOT   Happy Black Friday...NOT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 11:20 pm

I run the hunting Lodge for Dick's Sporting Goods. I was in at 4am and worked until 4pm. We had a good day ($104,000), but still missed our projected goal. We have a good percentage point system though, somewhere in the 30's. For every dollar spent, we make something like 30 cents profit. It was a busy, but enjoyable, day. Sorry, no crazy stories for you all. Peace.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Happy Black Friday...NOT   Happy Black Friday...NOT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 11:54 pm

Interesting podcast that touches on the subject. People have really lost their humanity. It's the Shaking Christmas Vampires:

http://www.epostle.net/
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Happy Black Friday...NOT   Happy Black Friday...NOT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 11:12 am

Happy Black Friday

"Paint the Devil on the wall!"
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Happy Black Friday...NOT   Happy Black Friday...NOT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 11:45 am

I am not going anywhere near any sort of retail establishment today...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Happy Black Friday...NOT   Happy Black Friday...NOT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 12:15 pm

Drove by the Best Buy by my office today - the parking lot was packed and a cop was directing traffic - no thank you. I will skip going to best buy. I don't need the $100 laptop anyway.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Happy Black Friday...NOT   Happy Black Friday...NOT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 12:21 pm

I am not stepping foot in one single store today, I am almost grateful I had to work today.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Happy Black Friday...NOT   Happy Black Friday...NOT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 1:48 pm

My kids are at the mall today. My son works at the mall as well.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Happy Black Friday...NOT   Happy Black Friday...NOT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 1:55 pm

I;m stuck in the office.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy Black Friday...NOT   Happy Black Friday...NOT - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Happy Black Friday...NOT
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2