Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Happy Black Friday...NOT

Go down 
+15
exact33
jstate
candlemass
Required Fields
TheGooch
sam
spiritoradio
Schbopo
XYZ
nevermore
mc666
Wargod
manny
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

Happy Black Friday...NOT Empty
PostSubject: Happy Black Friday...NOT   Happy Black Friday...NOT Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 12:33 pm

I hate the annual media-fueled "Black Friday" shop-o-rama insanity anyway (having worked at a K-Mart during several of them will do that to a guy) and therefore I am not going anywhere near a Mall or any other retail establishment today. After seeing this story on Yahoo News, I am even more glad that I'm not out in that insanity...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081128/ap_on_re_us/wal_mart_death;_ylt=Ari3veLENpKSyEAOSUxaUx9I2ocA

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Happy Black Friday...NOT   Happy Black Friday...NOT Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 12:53 pm

I'm with you. Although I'm out of milk so I'll have to go to the grocery store but I'm not going anywhere near a retail store.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Happy Black Friday...NOT   Happy Black Friday...NOT Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 12:58 pm

That is crazy!!!! We should check to see if Dallas Black made out unscathed.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Happy Black Friday...NOT   Happy Black Friday...NOT Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 1:01 pm

He's still working I bet.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Happy Black Friday...NOT   Happy Black Friday...NOT Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 1:04 pm

I was at Walmart looking for the Seamount 500 gig external hard drive for $60. Got there to late to get one! But I did get a 5 gal shop vac for $15.

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Happy Black Friday...NOT   Happy Black Friday...NOT Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 1:04 pm

manny wrote:
We should check to see if Dallas Black made out unscathed.

I'm sure he'll have some interesting war stories for us when he gets out of work...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Happy Black Friday...NOT   Happy Black Friday...NOT Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 1:12 pm

unless i absolutely have to, i won't go near a retail store until well after MLK day. i hate this time of year.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Happy Black Friday...NOT   Happy Black Friday...NOT Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 1:20 pm

mc666 wrote:
unless i absolutely have to, i won't go near a retail store until well after MLK day. i hate this time of year.

Me too.

In fact, I took a day off last week to make a run to Sams Club so I won't have to go again until sometime in January.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Happy Black Friday...NOT   Happy Black Friday...NOT Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 2:59 pm

Only in America could Christmas shopping become a full contact sport. Nothing like celebrating the birth of our Savior by beating the living crap out of some guy in the aisle of a Wal-Mart so you can get to the last Plasma Screen HDTV first. Sad

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Happy Black Friday...NOT   Happy Black Friday...NOT Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 3:02 pm

I'm amazed that people can behave like animals over a sale!!!!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Happy Black Friday...NOT   Happy Black Friday...NOT Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 4:18 pm

Another heart warming Black Friday story:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,458890,00.html
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Happy Black Friday...NOT   Happy Black Friday...NOT Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 4:33 pm

Yeah, I've been following that one. It's apparently not Black Friday-related at least. They had an eyewitness who thinks it was gang-related based on things the participants were saying to each other.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Happy Black Friday...NOT   Happy Black Friday...NOT Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 4:37 pm

Stupidity I guess doesnot take a break even on Holiday weekends.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Happy Black Friday...NOT   Happy Black Friday...NOT Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 4:44 pm

manny wrote:

Actually, I think the holidays amplify stupidity.

PostSubject: Re: Happy Black Friday...NOT   Happy Black Friday...NOT Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 4:45 pm

tohostudios wrote:
manny wrote:

Actually, I think the holidays amplify stupidity.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: Happy Black Friday...NOT   Happy Black Friday...NOT Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 5:20 pm

Today is the " I must avoid all retail stores day".
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Happy Black Friday...NOT   Happy Black Friday...NOT Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 5:43 pm

Killer, intruder, homicidal man.
If you see me coming, run as fast as you can.
A blood thirsty demon who's stalking the street.
I hack up my victims like pieces of meat.
Blood thirsty demon, sinister fiend,
Bludgeonous slaughters, my evil deeds.

My hammer's a cold piece of blood-lethal steel.
I grin while you writhe with the pain that I deal.
Swinging the hammer, I hack through their heads,
Deviant defilers, you're next to be dead.
I unleash my hammer with sadistic intent.
Pounding, surrounding, slamming through your head. Yeah!

Their bodies convulse, in agony, and, pain.
I mangle their faces, till no features remain.
A blade for the butchering, I cut them to shreds.
First take out the organs, then cut off the head.
The remains of flesh now sop under my feet.
One more bloody massacre, the murders' complete.
I seek to dismember, a sadist fiend.
And, blood baths are my way of getting clean.
I lurk in the alleys, wait for the kill.
I have no remorse for the blood that I spill
A merciless butcher who lives underground.
I'm out to destroy you and ,I will, cut you down.
I see you, and, I'm waiting ,for Black Friday.

Killer, intruder, homicidal man.
If you see me coming, run as fast as you can.
A blood thirsty demon who's stalking the street.
I hack up my victims like pieces of meat.
I lurk in the alleys, wait for the kill.
I have no remorse for the blood that I spill
A merciless butcher who lives underground.
I'm out to destroy you and ,I will, cut you down.

It's Black Friday, paint the devil on the wall.

Somehow, I can't help but think that Dave was writing about the morning shopping spree.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Happy Black Friday...NOT   Happy Black Friday...NOT Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 5:45 pm

When I read that, I think more Cannibal Corpse than I do Megadeth.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Happy Black Friday...NOT   Happy Black Friday...NOT Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 9:16 pm

My favorite line of that whole story is "We've been here since Thursday morning", and kept shopping. People are so ridiculous, primitive screw-heads. angry
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Happy Black Friday...NOT   Happy Black Friday...NOT Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 9:53 pm

These people fueled by false sense of accomplishment through shopping and media hype seem to simply turn into crazed ravaging animals.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Happy Black Friday...NOT   Happy Black Friday...NOT Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 9:57 pm

thats pretty crazy stuff. never heard of black friday but the boxing day sale in england is the equivalent really. all the sales satrt then and people go nuts. we never go and i will be going to the soccer this boxing day
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Happy Black Friday...NOT   Happy Black Friday...NOT Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 10:01 pm

TheGooch wrote:
thats pretty crazy stuff. never heard of black friday but the boxing day sale in england is the equivalent really. all the sales satrt then and people go nuts. we never go and i will be going to the soccer this boxing day

I'm with you bro.

I don't do the Black Friday crap either.

My instinct for self-preservation kicks in.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

PostSubject: Re: Happy Black Friday...NOT   Happy Black Friday...NOT Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 10:35 pm

PAINT THE DEVIL ON THE WALL!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Happy Black Friday...NOT   Happy Black Friday...NOT Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 9:20 am

Did you say "not?" That is so early 90's! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Happy Black Friday...NOT   Happy Black Friday...NOT Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:45 pm

A few years ago I thought I'd just go to the local Walmart early black friday to see what was going on. When they opened the store people rushed the front. It was insane. For some dumb reason I went inside. I have never seen a complete lack of humanity that I saw in that store. From people ramming the carts into each other (including into some poor elderly lady in a wheelchair), to the screaming and fighting over the sales. Just to leave was impossible with all the mayhem. It completely depressed me.

My black friday tradition is to hit the local Hastings and take advantage of their great music sales. Sadly it also serves to remind me how bad of shape the music industry is in. First in line before opening this girl explains to her mom that only idiots buy their music when it is free online. Then outside of maybe a few people who came in to pick out a select artist the only ones going through everything was me and some other thirty something guy. The rest of the store was the standard craziness. Got some great stuff though. When I checked out the very nice cashier said that I must be a big power seller on the internet to be buying all that. She looked completely baffled at the thought that it was stuff I intended to take home and listen to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy Black Friday...NOT   Happy Black Friday...NOT Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Happy Black Friday...NOT
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next