Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition

Go down 
+5
Temple of Blood
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
mc666
Required Fields
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition Empty
PostSubject: So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition   So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 3:05 pm

http://www.wewantdarkangel.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition   So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 3:09 pm

what about it?

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition   So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 3:13 pm

I signed.

It doesn't mean that it will happen, but one can only hope.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition   So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 3:14 pm

Those things never work. If they did, Paul Di'Anno would be the new lead singer of Anthrax right now. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition   So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 3:21 pm

I know they hardly, if ever, work, but never say never.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition   So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 3:52 pm

I'll tell you why it won't work... because Eric Meyer can't get along with the other guys especially Jim Durkin. That's why it fell apart a few years back when they did the Metallica tribute thing and were supposed to tour. Also Ron Rinehart isn't doing music anymore and Don Doty isn't into it either from what i heard.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition   So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 4:44 pm

I don't understand the point in petitioning a band who doesn't want to play together anymore.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition   So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 5:45 pm

They offered Mott The Hoople a 7 figure sum to do a reunion tour at one point, and they all declined, sometimes its best to just leave things alone, I mean Id've loved to see it, but sometimes its better to leave it alone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition   So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 8:14 pm

Required Fields wrote:
I know they hardly, if ever, work, but never say never.
Never.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition   So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 8:36 pm

Don't see it happening. I know Ron has moved to Washington and is very happy where he is. I doubt he'd be interested in another attempt at a reunion.

The last reunion only saw the band record the song for the Metallica tribute and 1 or 2 shows.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition   So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 1:31 am

I've read that Don refuses to rejoin because of his newfound religious beliefs. Ron (who also became religious back in the early 1990s) actually performed the songs live in 2002 or 2003, but later had a really bad back injury and is no longer able to perform.

I wonder if they could do what Sepultura and Viking did and re-write the songs to give them a more "Christian friendly" slant. (NOT make them "Christian", but just rewrite them, and have different lyrics over the same music.)

(For those unaware, Sepultura re-wrote their song "Antichrist" and called it "Anticop" for some live performances, and changed it to a song about police corruption. Kind of like "F*** the Police" by N.W.A., as it's only against corrupt cops. Viking's lead singer, Ron Daniel (then known as Ron Eriksen), became a Christian shortly after the band's first album, and rewrote some songs that were on the second album which the band was working on at the time and made them more Christian friendly.)

Dave Mustaine became a Christian, thus leading Megadeth to "retire" a few songs from their setlist. Nicko McBrain of Iron Maiden became a Christian in 2000 or so, but has no problem with performing "The Number of the Beast" live whatsoever. He said something to the effect that it is a song which is "open to interpretation, and could be taken either way", if I recall correctly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition   So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 1:45 am

Whoa. Did you copy and paste that from somewhere else, or did you write it? That might be your longest post ever. Way to work the claw, bro! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition   So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 2:02 am

I wrote it myself.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition   So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 3:56 am

ultmetal wrote:
Don't see it happening. I know Ron has moved to Washington and is very happy where he is. I doubt he'd be interested in another attempt at a reunion.

The last reunion only saw the band record the song for the Metallica tribute and 1 or 2 shows.

I was at one of the two shows and they only played two or three songs.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition   So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 4:17 am

Required Fields wrote:
I've read that Don refuses to rejoin because of his newfound religious beliefs. Ron (who also became religious back in the early 1990s) actually performed the songs live in 2002 or 2003, but later had a really bad back injury and is no longer able to perform.

I wonder if they could do what Sepultura and Viking did and re-write the songs to give them a more "Christian friendly" slant. (NOT make them "Christian", but just rewrite them, and have different lyrics over the same music.)

(For those unaware, Sepultura re-wrote their song "Antichrist" and called it "Anticop" for some live performances, and changed it to a song about police corruption. Kind of like "F*** the Police" by N.W.A., as it's only against corrupt cops. Viking's lead singer, Ron Daniel (then known as Ron Eriksen), became a Christian shortly after the band's first album, and rewrote some songs that were on the second album which the band was working on at the time and made them more Christian friendly.)

Dave Mustaine became a Christian, thus leading Megadeth to "retire" a few songs from their setlist. Nicko McBrain of Iron Maiden became a Christian in 2000 or so, but has no problem with performing "The Number of the Beast" live whatsoever. He said something to the effect that it is a song which is "open to interpretation, and could be taken either way", if I recall correctly.

Here's a list of metal musicians that converted to Christianity and Ultimatum's mentioned in the notes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_mainstream_metal
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18963

PostSubject: Re: So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition   So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 4:28 am

I'd love it if they did. Oh well, I can still dream.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition   So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 4:37 am

[quote="troublezone"]
Required Fields wrote:

Here's a list of metal musicians that converted to Christianity and Ultimatum's mentioned in the notes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_mainstream_metal[/quote]

Interesting article.
But to say that For the Greater Good of God is portraying God in a positive light. scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition   So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So, apparently, there is a Dark Angel reunion petition
Page 1 of 1