Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet? Empty
PostSubject: Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet?   Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 1:44 pm

I have been checking out the songs for the cd on myspace. Sounds awesome. Anyone have the cd? I would like to pick it up, what are your thoughts on it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet?   Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 2:53 pm

I don';t really know, I bought this when it came out and have the feeling that the band like so many others out there have become tired and have a touch of the old "same ol, same ol"....

The music is good as usual but there's no drive in it for me to get excited over, maybe if this was someone's first introduction to the band then it will be enjoyed but in comparing it to earlier albums such as "Something Wild" & "Follow the Reaper", then "Are you Dead yet?" is in a different league (a lower league).
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet?   Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 3:14 pm

I think it's a pretty decent album myself. COB seemed to have moved to a slightly more accessible sound but I think it works well. Tracks like In Your Face and Trashed, Lost And Strungout are nothing short of great.

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet?   Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 3:18 pm

what is the best COB release?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet?   Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 3:48 pm

Forever A Heath Bar wrote:
what is the best COB release?

Hard to say, everyone will have different opinions but like I said above I'd go for the earlier albums first.

My order of most liked is :

1-Follow the reaper
2-Something wild
3-Hatebreeder
4-Tokyo Wildhearts (this is a cracking LIVE album)
5-Hate crew deathroll
6-Are you dead yet
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet?   Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 5:22 pm

the new cd hasn't shown up on the usenet or torrent sites yet. i'd say it probably sounds like the others. they really don't experiment much.

Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet?   Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 6:28 pm

mc666, I managed to find a torrent for Are You Dead Yet? pretty easily. The CD has been out since 2005, so it's not exactly 'new'.

Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet?   Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 12:31 am

yeah i already have Are You Dead Yet?, i thought he was referring to a new one comming out. i don't keep up with COB much.

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet?   Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 12:57 am

I've got Are you dead,yet? and while being pretty decent its like Locky said it has a sort of same ol-same ol to it.Some decent songs and some to just skip over.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet?   Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 6:21 am

mc666 wrote:
yeah i already have Are You Dead Yet?, i thought he was referring to a new one comming out. i don't keep up with COB much.
Nah, AYDY is the newest studio release. Think they just released a live album though. I've yet to check it out.

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet?   Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 8:23 am

Without going too much Off Topic, what do you guys think about the band Sinergy ? I like their 3 CDs far more than the more recent C.O.B. albums, maybe it's the crunching music with the female vocals ? or maybe it's the fact that 2 of C.O.B.'s guitarist's play in the band.

Wicked stuff all the same.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet?   Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 8:56 am

i like Sinergy moreso than Bodom. Kimberly has some pretty unique vocals i think. i was always partial to female vocalists though.

SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet?   Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 11:08 am

I've got Suicide By My Side from Sinergy. I really like it. Kimberly kinda sounds like a female Warrell Dane to me.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet?   Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 12:52 pm

I've always liked Sinergy. They're a great power metal band. Although I think I rpefer Bodom a little bit more. Has anyone ever seen the Sinergy bootleg where Marco Hietala and Alexi Laiho do a cover of Fucking Hostile? It's pretty hilarious.

nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet?   Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet? Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 6:27 am

i have a digital copy of it and it is quite good

however compared to their earlier works it is appaerenlty rubbish
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet?   Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet?
Page 1 of 1