Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New bodom on March 8

Go down 
+11
Fat Freddy
Eyesore
rawr!
bassman
Joe
DeathCult
mc666
exact33
Lurideath
A Handful of Wayne
Gilbert
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

New bodom on March 8 Empty
PostSubject: New bodom on March 8   New bodom on March 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 12:44 am

Children of Bodom are to release their new album, relentless reckless forever, on March 8, 2011.

What are your expectations?

Although i love bodom, i consider their catalogue to be limited to their first three albums: something wild, hatebreeder and follow the reaper.

As for the rest, it seems like the band is repeating itelf endlessly.

So i don't think i will be rushing to buy this new album, but rather focusing on more important stuff such as the new Saxon, UDO, Megadeth, Kiss...
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New bodom on March 8   New bodom on March 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 8:41 am

Yea I feel the same way. Although their last album was pretty decent. I just pre ordered the new album though from Newbury Comics, it comes autographed so I couldn't pass that up.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: New bodom on March 8   New bodom on March 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:23 am

These guys should break up already. LAME band!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New bodom on March 8   New bodom on March 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 11:45 am

I like the first four.

mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New bodom on March 8   New bodom on March 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 1:25 pm

i never got the hype with this band. plus, the magazines act like Alexi Laiho is some sort of guitar god. i just don't hear the big deal with him or his band.

DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: New bodom on March 8   New bodom on March 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 1:29 pm

mc666 wrote:
i never got the hype with this band. plus, the magazines act like Alexi Laiho is some sort of guitar god. i just don't hear the big deal with him or his band.

X2

I even saw them live with Fear Factory once, and they're just as bland in that setting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: New bodom on March 8   New bodom on March 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 2:30 pm

I bought into the hype of Children of Boredom early on, but the cds I have of them are collecting dust now.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: New bodom on March 8   New bodom on March 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 5:36 pm

I like Hatebreeder ok, haven't really explored their catalog any further than that. Laiho is a decent player but he certainly isn't deserving of all the hype every time he picks up a guitar. There are any number of guys who can play rings around him, the thing I don't understand is how he gets a signature guitar model made by ESP so early in his career. It seemed like 5 minutes after the first CD was released I started seeing ads for the guitar in al the catalogs. I just didn't think he had earned that kind of perk yet.
Back to top Go down
rawr!
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 372

PostSubject: Re: New bodom on March 8   New bodom on March 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 12:13 am

their early stuff isnt a bad example of the whole power/melodic death crossover shtick, but theyve gotten worse and worse---beyond unlistenable. i dont feel their material as inearthed is anything to write home about, either. alexi is one of numerous examples of popular metal icons/names that command a lot of respect and awe for what probably amounts to smart business with trendyass scenesters. good hookups, good marketing, good word of mouth hype over metal that is designed to be easy to digest.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New bodom on March 8   New bodom on March 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 12:17 am

I agree that Alexi Leiho is a bit overrated.

I always wondered what COB would have sound with a different vocalist.

Maybe better.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New bodom on March 8   New bodom on March 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 12:52 am

Gilbert wrote:

Children of Bodom are to release their new album, relentless reckless forever, on March 8, 2011.

What are your expectations?

Although i love bodom, i consider their catalogue to be limited to their first three albums: something wild, hatebreeder and follow the reaper.

As for the rest, it seems like the band is repeating itelf endlessly.

So i don't think i will be rushing to buy this new album, but rather focusing on more important stuff such as the new Saxon, UDO, Megadeth, Kiss...
Much like newer material from Soilwork and In Flames, I hear people say similar things to what I bolded above. But like those two bands and Bodom, the first few albums are the albums that show no true identity, just playing typical melodeath.

Why is it when bands find their voice, so to speak, and move on from their rather paint-by-numbers and typical-for-the-style roots, fans start calling them unoriginal and other such things? I find it bizarre.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New bodom on March 8   New bodom on March 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 12:54 am

Lurideath wrote:
These guys should break up already. LAME band!
And here's another equally baffling statement people repeat all the time. If I think your band is lame, Lurideath, that means you should break up? I can say you should, of course; we all have that right. But it's a ridiculous statement.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New bodom on March 8   New bodom on March 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 12:55 am

I find them to be repeating themselves over and over.

Gets hard to tell one album from another.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New bodom on March 8   New bodom on March 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 12:52 am

I got the album as a gift.

Surprisingly, it's quite good.

My favourite is shovel knockout.

It's on you tube if you're interested headbanger
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

PostSubject: Re: New bodom on March 8   New bodom on March 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 4:07 pm

I don't care what people think of my band anymore. They can take it or leave it because I am not out to please anyone but myself. I hear it quite a bit already anyways on another message board.

This band though is overrated as ****! They never had an identity anyways. Go ahead and like the girl guitarist in this band because that's what he is... a smurf-for-hire! Look at him! DO IT! Does he look like a pileofsticks to you like he does to me? So I'll just say it again... *** THESE HOMO'S!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: New bodom on March 8   New bodom on March 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 4:10 pm

^ ^ Um...Dude, decaf! ^ ^ Shocked

As for me... C.O.B. have a couple of tunes that struck me funny (they've done some hilarious B-side covers of Britney Spears and Poison songs to name just a few) but other than that nothing ever made me wanna run out and buy a CD.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New bodom on March 8   New bodom on March 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 4:29 pm

Lurideath wrote:
I don't care what people think of my band anymore. They can take it or leave it because I am not out to please anyone but myself. I hear it quite a bit already anyways on another message board.

This band though is overrated as ****! They never had an identity anyways. Go ahead and like the girl guitarist in this band because that's what he is... a smurf-for-hire! Look at him! DO IT! Does he look like a pileofsticks to you like he does to me? So I'll just say it again... *** THESE HOMO'S!
What's gayer? Tight leather pants or eyeliner? If he looks like a "homo," so do you.

Of course, this rant sounds more like it came from someone who was turned down when they offered to butt-bang a "girl" guitarist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New bodom on March 8   New bodom on March 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 4:46 pm

COB never appealed to me, but I've seen one of their DVDs and the kids can definitely play.

...and just for the record, I'm all for butt banging girl guitarists.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New bodom on March 8   New bodom on March 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 4:58 pm

The guy is a great guitarist but I can't stand the band's music.

I think SINERGY was WAY better.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New bodom on March 8   New bodom on March 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 5:21 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
The guy is a great guitarist but I can't stand the band's music.

I think SINERGY was WAY better.
When was it announced that Sinergy broke up? That's what is stated online now. Or maybe it was just assumed. Bummer if true. I loved that band.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New bodom on March 8   New bodom on March 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 5:35 pm

I thought they broke up when the singer and guitarist got divorced.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New bodom on March 8   New bodom on March 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 5:52 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I thought they broke up when the singer and guitarist got divorced.
Just a handful of years ago they were supposedly working on an album called Sins of the Past. That was around 2006 or so, I guess. But they pretty much fell of the face of the Earth after the last studio album.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

PostSubject: Re: New bodom on March 8   New bodom on March 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 5:55 pm

F*** You Too!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New bodom on March 8   New bodom on March 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 5:56 pm

Lurideath wrote:
F*** You Too!
lol!

Have you lost your mind?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: New bodom on March 8   New bodom on March 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:19 pm

I only have Follow the Reaper and it's pretty cool. That guy can really shred.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New bodom on March 8   New bodom on March 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New bodom on March 8
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next