Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Electric Sun

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Electric Sun Empty
PostSubject: Electric Sun   Electric Sun Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 6:44 pm

Any fans of this Uli John Roth project?
I've got all 3 albums and they kick so much @$$.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Electric Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric Sun   Electric Sun Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 8:34 pm

I guess no one else likes them.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Electric Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric Sun   Electric Sun Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 10:21 pm

Uli Jon Roth's Electric Sun was interesting because it sounded nothing like his work with the Scorpions and was almost a throw back to tie dyed summer of love 1967 vibe, than the metal axe work he pioneered with the Scorpions.

I haven't heard this albums in years and I am not sure I would like them anymore but if Carlos Santana had been born in Germany and listened to metal instead of latin and jazz this what he would sound like. I have to rebuy this albums in the future.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Electric Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric Sun   Electric Sun Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 11:34 pm

Hmmm....interesting manny. I really like the guitar oriented stuff he's got going on, the piano stuff I also find to be really good. I like the Uli and Santana analogy.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

Electric Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric Sun   Electric Sun Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 1:11 pm

I love this guy's stuff. I got a chance to see him live and to meet him after the show. He had the whole room awe struck when he played. It was amazing no one was talking or drinking he had total and undivided attention, I have never seen that happen at a rock show. When I got to talk to him he was very humble, no arrogance about him. He is an amazing artist who is capable of many different styles. A fantastic musician!!!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Electric Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric Sun   Electric Sun Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 1:21 pm

Maybe his music translates better live than his studio recordings. I read a review about the Scorpions last tour where Uli Jon Roth came out with his former band mates and tore thru some early classics, I hope they release this on DVD.
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

Electric Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric Sun   Electric Sun Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 8:15 am

It is on DVD. Scorpions live at Wacken. I have it, it's great.

Uli Jon Roth is by far my favorite musician.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

Electric Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric Sun   Electric Sun Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 10:29 pm

The vocals are the weakest thing in Electric Sun but not enough to not want to listen.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Electric Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric Sun   Electric Sun Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 10:33 pm

James B. wrote:
The vocals are the weakest thing in Electric Sun but not enough to not want to listen.

Maybe that is my main problem with the Electric Sun albums are the vocals, I have never liked Uli Jon Roth's singing. His guitar playing is amazing of course.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Electric Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: Electric Sun   Electric Sun Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Electric Sun
Page 1 of 1