Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

for those who cook (gas or electric?)

Go down 
+9
Addy
exact33
scottmitchell74
Dave the Boss
kmorg
Troublezone
thejokeriv
GrandNational
Metallic Blaze
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

for those who cook (gas or electric?) Empty
PostSubject: for those who cook (gas or electric?)   for those who cook (gas or electric?) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 6:18 pm

What kind of stove/oven do you prefer - gas or electric?

I've always had electric growing up, but then I heard gas was so much better. So in my new house - I got a gas stove/oven.

But for some reason, I didn't like it nearly as well as electric.

For Christmas this year, my wife surprised me with a brand new Whirlpool flat top glass electric stove/oven. I'm totally in love with it! It is INCREDIBLE!!!

So, why do people swear by gas? I guess it's easier to control the flame, but for me that just not a big enough of a deal.

What do you prefer?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: for those who cook (gas or electric?)   for those who cook (gas or electric?) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 6:30 am

I prefer electric cookers. They are easier to work, you get better results and when/if you burn yourself it doesn't hurt as much as one that runs on gas.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: for those who cook (gas or electric?)   for those who cook (gas or electric?) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 6:36 am

I have one of those industrial gas stoves. The man who lived in my house to my family worked in cabinetry and he set it up himself. I love it.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: for those who cook (gas or electric?)   for those who cook (gas or electric?) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 9:52 am

Gas all the way!!!!! Unfortunately, my new house has a glass top electric.....

My old town house that I had from 99 - 05 had a gas stove and it was freakin awesome!!!! Much easier to cook with and not burn anything!!!!!!

I also perfer gas heat to heat pump...... I wish they had gas lines to the houses where I live.....
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: for those who cook (gas or electric?)   for those who cook (gas or electric?) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 9:56 am

It depends what type of food you like to cook. Some things don't come out right on a electric stove.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: for those who cook (gas or electric?)   for those who cook (gas or electric?) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 2:42 pm

I pass gas, and cook electric.....

We don't use them gas stoves here in Norway...

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: for those who cook (gas or electric?)   for those who cook (gas or electric?) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 8:37 pm

Electric. Never had gas.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: for those who cook (gas or electric?)   for those who cook (gas or electric?) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 9:06 pm

I grew up with electric. It's easier to regulate. You can turn it to 4 and know it's at 4. I can't tell with gas.

Plus, I don't want gas in my house. No way, no how.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: for those who cook (gas or electric?)   for those who cook (gas or electric?) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 9:47 pm

Gas the whole way. Never liked electric ranges.

Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: for those who cook (gas or electric?)   for those who cook (gas or electric?) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 9:51 pm

Scott, I agree with you on both counts. Electric does actually seem easier to regulate. I know some people say the opposite, but I just don't find that to be true. And you have a good point about safety too. Much safer to have electric in the house.

Kmorg, is it illegal to use gas stoves in Norway?
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: for those who cook (gas or electric?)   for those who cook (gas or electric?) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 9:52 pm

exact33 wrote:

I feel just the opposite. What are your reasons for not liking electric?
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: for those who cook (gas or electric?)   for those who cook (gas or electric?) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 12:47 am

I perfer Gas Stoves but I use Electric
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: for those who cook (gas or electric?)   for those who cook (gas or electric?) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 4:06 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:

No, it simply haven't been used up through the history. Our country is blessed with lots and lots of waterfalls, that generates a lot of electricity. So we produce so much of it, we need to sell much of it. I think that has led to electricty being the only option here.

In recent years I know it has become more and more gas build into new houses though. I guess that is logical too, seing as the oil and gas production has had a boom in the last 30 or 40 years. I'd still say that this is a VERY low procentage though. Maybe 10 % of the new houses go for gas.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: for those who cook (gas or electric?)   for those who cook (gas or electric?) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 10:19 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Scott, I agree with you on both counts. Electric does actually seem easier to regulate. I know some people say the opposite, but I just don't find that to be true. And you have a good point about safety too. Much safer to have electric in the house.

Gas is easier to regulate! At least for me. I really loved my gas stove, I miss it!!! Plus, a natural gas heater rules!!!! Heat pumps suck donkey dorks!!!!! I want HOT air coming out of my vents when it's cold outside, not lukewarm air that takes forever to heat the house!!!!

As far as safety, the only one that worries my is a gas dryer.....
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: for those who cook (gas or electric?)   for those who cook (gas or electric?) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 4:13 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
exact33 wrote:

I feel just the opposite. What are your reasons for not liking electric?

well i think it is easier to cook with and when the power goes out you can still cook with your gas stove. Electric rates where i live have jumped a lot which makes gas much more affordable as well.

DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: for those who cook (gas or electric?)   for those who cook (gas or electric?) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 6:44 pm

Gas, electric doesn't cook nearly as efficently.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: for those who cook (gas or electric?)   for those who cook (gas or electric?) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 5:06 pm

I grew up using a gas stove, but my current home has electric stove and oven which the previous owners installed. Took a little getting used to, but I don't mind it.

PostSubject: Re: for those who cook (gas or electric?)   for those who cook (gas or electric?) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:34 pm

With gas, you have to have the right pots and pans. Some are just too thin and things burn easily. Given a choice, I go with gas.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: for those who cook (gas or electric?)   for those who cook (gas or electric?) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:38 pm

I do cook occasionally, have used both, and honestly have no preference.

My wife currently has an electric stove top and she loves it. We used to have a gas stove but it was apartment-size (i.e. too damn small) and we had nothin' but trouble with it. Her Mom had an electric stove when she was growin' up so she learned to cook on that, therefore when we decided to upgrade to a "real" stove she wanted the electric. I will say it's easier to clean one of them than a gas stovetop. No nooks and crannies and stuff to get gummed up. With the electric stove, all ya gotta do is scrape a razor blade across the glass surface to get any scuzz off the top and you're good to go.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: for those who cook (gas or electric?)   for those who cook (gas or electric?) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 2:38 am

Does my microwave count as electric? Miicrowave in the winter and charcoal in the summer.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: for those who cook (gas or electric?)   for those who cook (gas or electric?) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 1:05 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
Does my microwave count as electric? Miicrowave in the winter and charcoal in the summer.

I propane it in my grill! love grilling... mmmm... even in the winter!

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: for those who cook (gas or electric?)   for those who cook (gas or electric?) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 2:01 pm

I wonder if anyone uses a dutch oven... for those who cook (gas or electric?) Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: for those who cook (gas or electric?)   for those who cook (gas or electric?) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

for those who cook (gas or electric?)
Page 1 of 1