Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?

Go down 
+14
Troublezone
jstate
Red Kitty
Metal Misfit
akeldama
DeathCult
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
XYZ
MoonChild
manny
tohostudios
Thrasher73
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Don't Look Back
Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? - Page 2 Vote_lcap70%Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 70% [ 14 ]
Third Stage
Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 5 ]
Walk On
Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Corporate America
Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage

Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 4:10 pm

You can take all of their albums after the first one, put the good songs together and you still won't even come up with a record a 10th as good as the debut. A band that SHOULD have stopped after the first one.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 7:16 pm

Great post Detuned!! My sentiments exactly!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 12:10 am

If I can't pick the first... I'll pick the second. Razz
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 3:44 pm

Bump*

I just listened to " Walk On" yesterday, I had only heard a couple of tracks due to their "Greatest Hits" package, I had heard and read so many negative reviews in regards to this disc I expected it to be a complete dog, but I actually enjoyed it but Bard Delph's vocals were missed.

Now I have only spun the CD once but it is very solid album and may even like it better than 'Third Stage'
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:11 pm

While Don't Look Back is good, to me it's almost like the S/T Part II. I prefer Third Stage as a secod fave.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:18 pm

Red Kitty wrote:
While Don't Look Back is good, to me it's almost like the S/T Part II. I prefer Third Stage as a secod fave.

Never cared for 'Third Stage' but that album has a few fans on this board.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:21 pm

manny wrote:
Red Kitty wrote:

Never cared for 'Third Stage' but that album has a few fans on this board.

Like me!
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 7:08 pm

Third Stage was the first cd I ever got in 86. Cost a fortune too. I think it was 25 dollars (easy to see why it took many more years to change over to cd). No way I wasn't going to will myself to like it. I'll admit I haven't listened to it in probably twenty years now. But it always occupies the corner slot in my collection.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 7:25 pm

I picked DLB because the first two are pure classics.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 10:49 pm

Don't Look Back. It's a great album. I still need to get a copy of Corporate America.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 5:13 pm

detuned wrote:
You can take all of their albums after the first one, put the good songs together and you still won't even come up with a record a 10th as good as the debut. A band that SHOULD have stopped after the first one.

Yes the S/t is amazing and one of the greatest rock cds ever IMO. How does a band with that much success from a cd just stop? DLB had some amazing songs on it as well. IF you put out two quality discs like those, people are going to hold there expectations up so high that if the cd is even average it is going to get slammed.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3169

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2021 2:36 pm

Bought Third Stage CD. eBay. Pretty good deal.
Listened to it on my way to work this morning. 4:30 am.
I slightly knew Amanda....but I thought it was a fun listen.
The Brad Delp’s voice is so unique - especially those high notes.
The guitar player’s sound is almost as unique too -
I was sad when the drummer Sib Hassian died. What hair ! Smile.
Shocked when the singer died. Seeing news footage of his house.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2021 3:19 pm

Don't Look Back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2