Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?

Go down 
+14
Troublezone
jstate
Red Kitty
Metal Misfit
akeldama
DeathCult
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
XYZ
MoonChild
manny
tohostudios
Thrasher73
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Don't Look Back
Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? Vote_lcap70%Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? Vote_rcap
 70% [ 14 ]
Third Stage
Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? Vote_lcap25%Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? Vote_rcap
 25% [ 5 ]
Walk On
Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? Vote_lcap5%Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Corporate America
Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? Vote_lcap0%Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage

Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 7:18 am

Everyone likes the S/T Boston album. We understand that. But what if I were to take away the S/T album from a list and ask you which Boston studio album is your favorite? Well, I'm doing that right now.

My favorite even including the S/T is Don't Look Back. I just think the songs are better than any other album. Plus it has "A Man I'll Never Be" one of the most emotional songs I have ever heard.

What is your pick?
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 8:21 am

I would pick Dont Look Back as well.I agree the songwriting seemed better on that one than the others.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 8:25 am

None of the above.

After the S/T, I can't stand Boston.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 8:32 am

Don't Look Back is a good album and the strongest song on the album is 'A Man I'll Never Be'.

I recently picked up 'Third Stage" and I was disappointed, the songs
were not that strong, as for "Walk On' the few songs I heard where
horrible, I have yet to hear a song from Corporate America can't really
say what I think of that album.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 8:43 am

Third Stage has one fond memory for me.

I was living in TN and while driving to Nashville, the local rock station DJ comes on after a commercial and says "Well, we just got in the brand new, long-awaited single from Boston. It's called 'Amanda' and we're proud to bring it to you now".

After the song finishes, the DJ comes back and says "We waited 8 years for that!!!!"

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:00 am

Don't Look Back. But not a Boston fan.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:04 am

Don't Look Back
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:35 am

Don't Look Back! I've always liked it as much as the s/t. The rest are good too.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:36 am

There are other Boston albums besides the S/T? Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:40 am

ultmetal wrote:
Don't Look Back! I've always liked it as much as the s/t. The rest are good too.

You even liked Third Stage? There are many albums that I at one dismissed and than years later had a change of heart, but Third Stage I still feel that same. It is a major disappointment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:41 am

Third Stage is really good, IMO.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:42 am

spectrefate wrote:
Laughing very hard sick

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:42 am

Maybe I have to go back listen to it when you get home from work, maybe I am too taken in by the first two Boston albums to give Third Stage a fair chance.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:43 am

"We waited 8 years for that???!!!!!"

Classic!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:43 am

manny wrote:
Maybe I have to go back listen to it when you get home from work, maybe I am too taken in by the first two Boston albums to give Third Stage a fair chance.

Listen to "Amanda" first; that's as far as you'll get.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:44 am

I judge Third Stage on its own merits. I don't compare it to anything.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:46 am

I just remember thinking some of their songs sounded thin, and the guitar work was not as impressive as the first two albums, I am not sure I can judge that album simply on its own merits. I should judge that album on its own, but than the songs, production and performances from the first album comes into my head.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:46 am

Even the "rockers" on Third Stage sound forced and contrived IMO. I tried to like a song like Cool The Engines but it's just a lame tune. I think the whole album comes of as a deliberate attempt to write a hit record instead of a natural outpouring of artistic integrity.

Last edited by tohostudios on Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:47 am

tohostudios wrote:
Even the "rockers" on Third Stage sound forced and contrived IMO. I tried to like a song like Cool The Engines but it's just a lame tune.

I know what I'm getting you for Christmas. :glee:
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:47 am

spectrefate wrote:

Agreed - Don't Look back is the better album, but I like Third Stage better, purely for nostalgic reasons - I was a Sr in HS when it came out.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:49 am

I actually have Third Stage on vinyl.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 11:03 am

Don't Look Back easily, just as good as the S/T.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 11:40 am

What I remember is when Third Stage was released not only all of the hype, but they had deceided agaisnst making a music video and also when they came to town to play they sold out both shows in record time. It is easy to forgot what abig deal this album was when it was first released.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 12:06 pm

I didnt like Third Stage much myself, some of the songs were ok, but on the whole, it didnt hold the same feeling for me as the first two did.

Corporate America is pretty good, I saw them on that tour actually.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 4:08 pm

Don't Look Back. I'm not big on the rest. I remember my brother picking up an album from them called "Mission Aborted". It was the original 3rd album but was scrapped for some reason. I can't remember what was on it or anything though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Boston album other than the S/T?   Favorite Boston album other than the S/T? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next