Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is first concert you ever attended?

Go down 
+32
stormspell
Daybreaker
Hamer12
sam
Rex
TheGooch
A Handful of Wayne
Wargod
Leatherface
stevegarveyfan
Metal Misfit
Selvmord
ThrashedOutCobra33
nevermore
James B.
Todd Jaymz
SAHB Healer
spiritoradio
Schbopo
7thSecond
thejokeriv
skullsmasher
mc666
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
Thrasher73
Pontus
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
ultmetal
manny
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 10:50 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Rex wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Rex wrote:
My wife's first concert was Black Sabbath on the first reunion tour.

I took my wife to her first metal concert while we were still dating - Savatage at the Birch Hill in Old Bridge, NJ, 1996.

She in turn got me to go to my first (and thankfully only) country music concert with her - Alan Jackson in '02. The things we do for love!!!

LOL thankfully my wife WANTED to go see Black Sabbath and we have similar tastes in music. It works out good like that. Very Happy

My wife sez if AC/DC come to town on this upcoming tour, she'd go to that show with me. That would be sweet.

that's what I'm trying to go to DEC16!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:40 pm

I go to country concerts with my wife from time to time, and I actually ENJOY it! We've been to see Rascal Flatts, Martina McBride, George Strait, Miranda Lambert, Tracy Lawrence, Stoney LaRue, Vince Gill, etc.

Although I don't listen to it on my own, I enjoy it when I am with her.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 1:02 pm

stevegarveyfan wrote:
I go to country concerts with my wife from time to time, and I actually ENJOY it! We've been to see Rascal Flatts, Martina McBride, George Strait, Miranda Lambert, Tracy Lawrence, Stoney LaRue, Vince Gill, etc.

Although I don't listen to it on my own, I enjoy it when I am with her.

Mmmmm, Miranda Lambert... (drool drool dribble)...

Seriously though, that Alan Jackson show was a total head trip for me, it was the first and only non-hard rock/metal show I'd ever attended. I really did enjoy myself, it was interesting to see "how the other half lives" so to speak. When it was over my wife asked "how'd you like it?" and I said "It needed more guitar solos and a few explosions but it wasn't bad." Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39609

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 4:13 pm

skullsmasher wrote:
KISS - Dynasty Tour 1979 November in Phoenix Arizona.

Nice ! I wanted to see that so badly but I was "too young" according to my parents. My first was Loverboy with Zebra opening back in '82 or '83 at the Civic Arena in Pittsburgh. Zebra was awesome ! (I'm a little embarrassed about that Loverboy though)
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 6:38 pm

007 wrote:
skullsmasher wrote:
KISS - Dynasty Tour 1979 November in Phoenix Arizona.

Nice ! I wanted to see that so badly but I was "too young" according to my parents. My first was Loverboy with Zebra opening back in '82 or '83 at the Civic Arena in Pittsburgh. Zebra was awesome ! (I'm a little embarrassed about that Loverboy though)

And now, you're just workin' for the weekend!
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 10:27 pm

Oak Ridge Boys with my folks about 1977, I was about 4 or 5, I still remember sitting on my Dads shoulders for almost the whole concert.
Back to top Go down
Daybreaker
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 31

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 5:29 pm

My first concert was The Misfits in a warehouse in Lubbock March, 1998. Thanks dad! Also my pops took me to see my first "hero" bands like Motley Crue, Iron Maiden, and Megadeth. Then when I hit about 18 I started going out on my own...
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 6:35 pm

Daybreaker wrote:
My first concert was The Misfits in a warehouse in Lubbock March, 1998. Thanks dad! Also my pops took me to see my first "hero" bands like Motley Crue, Iron Maiden, and Megadeth. Then when I hit about 18 I started going out on my own...
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 1:33 am

I think it was ARIA on their "Hero on the Asphalt" tour 1986
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 6:19 am

Seattle , June 18 1981 Rush with special guest FM (featuring electric violinist Ben Mink, who also played violin on Rush's "Losing It" from their Signals album.). I paid $750 for that show. My how times have changed.....
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 8:34 pm

My first concert was in Indianapolis for the Doobie Brothers farewell tour. I was 12 at the time. My father who was in sales at the times used to take customers to all sorts of sporting events and concerts. The customers cancelled, so myself and one of the neighbors next door went instead. I grew up on a lot the music my parents used to listen to, so the Doobie Brothers have always been one of my favs.

I was also able to experience the 1984 NCAA basketball Final Four in Lexington, Ky due to customers cancelling via the last minute. I was pretty lucky when it came to people cancelling out on events.

First Metal concert I ever saw was Metallica/Queensryche at the Mecca in Milwaukee Wisconsin in November 1988.

Last edited by metalinmyveins on Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 9:22 pm

Wow... first ever? Maybe Rez on the DMZ tour (82).... Not too sure though....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 9:31 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:

In 1982 I was just realizing I had a penis. You're old.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 9:36 pm

Old and experienced, my friend. It's not all bad.... Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 10:23 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:

In 1982 I was just realizing I had a penis. You're old.

I was in 7th grade...I'm old too.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 1:49 am

I remember my first very vividly (not hard considering I haven't been to very many). The year was 1996 and Iron Maiden had released the most hated alubm of the time, The X Factor and Fear Factory their the album that started to make a name for themselves, Demanufacture. I actually liked X Factor but the only thing I had from FF was Soul Of A New Machine (one of my favorite death metal albums). This was in Dallas in the club area Deep Ellum at Deep Ellum Live. My dad dropped me off and I was early enough to get right up to the front of the stage. The lights were flashing as they were being tested and Fear Factory was running late.

Eventually the lights dimmed and I figured they we're still testing but then I heard music. Fear Factory blasted on and a group of big headbangers started moshing right towards me and I had to escape to the left of the stage...right in front of the speaker. I remember feeling the double bass drums deep in my chest, a feeling that I found very intoxicating. Fear Factory was awesome and then came my favoritie band, even at that time.

Whether it was the excitement to be there or not, I thought Blaze handled the classics real well. My excitement really sky rocketed up and I was going crazy with my cheering enough to make Dave Murray look at me like I was from another planet. I knew my dad was soon to pick me up so I made my way outsided a bit early and missed the last two songs. However, my dad ran late and I was able to at least hear the rest.

This was my first experience at a concert and a club (the kind of venues I prefer-arena shows are not intimate enough for me). I got an X-Factor and Demanufacture t-shirts and stickers of each band-which I affixed to my car when I got home. For two days afterwards my throat hurt and my hearing was greatly muffled but it was worth it. I also enjoyed Fear Factory so much that I went and got Demanufacture and enjoyed it for years to come. Unfortunatly I don't have the stickers or t-shrits (niether do I have Demanufacture or Soul Of A New Machine for that matter-I am looking for them but they don't appear used around here), all I have is the memory. I have t-shirts from all my concerts since except two. First one was when I went with my best friend to see Rage Against The Machine (one of his favorite-I only mildly like(d) them) and I didn't bother getting a shirt. The other one was when I accompanied the teenagers at my church to a concert of CCM bands (the headliner was Newsboys). I tried to enjoy it but that just aint my thing.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 5:11 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
Now that the NJ Devils no longer play at the Meadowlands (they have a brand spankin' new arena in Newark) and the NJ Nets are supposedly moving to a new venue in Brooklyn in a year or two, there's been a lot of talk about tearing it down, which would be a shame because it's a great place to see a concert

This is the last year for the Spectrum in Philadelphia. Like you, Freddy, I've seen many great shows there. Just off the top of my head...Aerosmith, Skid Row, Metallica, Def Leppard, Great White, Cinderella, Megadeth, Pantera, Black Sabbath w/Ozzy & H&H w/Dio, ZZ Top, The Black Crowes, AC/DC, Motley Crue, George Thorogood, Huey Lewis, Poison, Warrant, Kid Rock, Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie and I'm sure there's a few more I'm forgetting. I'll be sad to see it go.

I didn't know the Spectrum was on its way out. I've never been there but a few friends of mine who lived in South Jersey used to go shows there all the time too. Often I'd see a show at the Meadowlands one day, and they'd see the same band at the Spectrum a couple of days later (or vice versa), then we'd compare notes. Laughing

Boo to the Powers That Be who want to destroy these sacred shrines full of precious Metal Memories!!

angry

I heard that about the Spectrum as well. I saw a ton of concerts there, including my very first show as I previously stated. Saw Black Sabbath w/ Ian Gillan on vocals, (yes, the infamous Stonehenge set!) Quiet Riot on the Metal Health tour, Dio and Twisted Sister, Mountain, Triumph, KISS on the Animalize tour, Aerosmith a couple times, the first on their Rock in a Hard Place tour, then again the reunion "Back in the Saddle" tour with Ted Nugent opening. Saw them again on the "Done with Mirrors" tour and the "Permanent Vacation" tour. Nothing like getting out of a concert at the Spectrum and get one of those awesome pretzels from the vendors outside in the parking lot.

There is from a website, rememberthespectrum.com

A list of concerts over the years...
http://www.rememberthespectrum.com/300/Concerts.asp
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 5:17 pm

spitfire(hellas)/armageddon(cyp- all the other armageddon(s) are wrongfully carry this name,hehehe) 1989
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is first concert you ever attended?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3