Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is first concert you ever attended?

Go down 
+32
stormspell
Daybreaker
Hamer12
sam
Rex
TheGooch
A Handful of Wayne
Wargod
Leatherface
stevegarveyfan
Metal Misfit
Selvmord
ThrashedOutCobra33
nevermore
James B.
Todd Jaymz
SAHB Healer
spiritoradio
Schbopo
7thSecond
thejokeriv
skullsmasher
mc666
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
Thrasher73
Pontus
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
ultmetal
manny
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37649

What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 5:29 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
Now that the NJ Devils no longer play at the Meadowlands (they have a brand spankin' new arena in Newark) and the NJ Nets are supposedly moving to a new venue in Brooklyn in a year or two, there's been a lot of talk about tearing it down, which would be a shame because it's a great place to see a concert

This is the last year for the Spectrum in Philadelphia. Like you, Freddy, I've seen many great shows there. Just off the top of my head...Aerosmith, Skid Row, Metallica, Def Leppard, Great White, Cinderella, Megadeth, Pantera, Black Sabbath w/Ozzy & H&H w/Dio, ZZ Top, The Black Crowes, AC/DC, Motley Crue, George Thorogood, Huey Lewis, Poison, Warrant, Kid Rock, Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie and I'm sure there's a few more I'm forgetting. I'll be sad to see it go.

I didn't know the Spectrum was on its way out. I've never been there but a few friends of mine who lived in South Jersey used to go shows there all the time too. Often I'd see a show at the Meadowlands one day, and they'd see the same band at the Spectrum a couple of days later (or vice versa), then we'd compare notes. Laughing

Boo to the Powers That Be who want to destroy these sacred shrines full of precious Metal Memories!!

angry

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 5:47 pm

tohostudios wrote:
detuned wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Wet Willie, Nantucket, Foreigner in Roanoke 1978.

Roanoke seems to have been a happening place in the late 70's. What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 2 505193

It was. I went to school in Harrisonburg and all the really good shows came to Roanoke.

Harrisonburg isn't too far from where my family lives, take some of the backroads west through the mountains into West Virginia.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 7:13 pm

I'd like to say it was Ted Nugent and Black Oak Arkansas; but it wasn't, that was my second concert. My first was Eric Clapton and uh, Player Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 7:15 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
I'd like to say it was Ted Nugent and Black Oak Arkansas; but it wasn't, that was my second concert. My first was Eric Clapton and uh, Player Embarassed

It could be worse, I remember my Stepfather taking me to see Sha Na Na when I was a kid. sick
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 7:29 pm

Dokken 1984's Tooth And Nail tour, still have the shirt I bought at the show. Seventh grade for me haha-TJ
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 7:48 pm

California Jam 1974
Ontario Motor Speedway
Ontario, California

Don't remember every band... Eagles, Black Oak Arkansas, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple and Emerson Lake and Palmer were there.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25875

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 7:57 pm

.38 Special with Eddie Money opening.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 7:59 pm

James B. wrote:
California Jam 1974
Ontario Motor Speedway
Ontario, California

Don't remember every band... Eagles, Black Oak Arkansas, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple and Emerson Lake and Palmer were there.

AWESOME!!! Did you get to see California Jam II w/ Ted Nugent, Aerosmith, Heart, Frank Marino, etc.?

Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 8:14 pm

Actual concert was like Jerry Only fronted Misfits
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 8:57 pm

AC/DC with special guest Cinderella in the fall of 1988. Evansville Indiana, Roberts Stadium.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 9:48 pm

Smile

Creed/Sevendust (with opening act Stir)... Either '99 or 2000. It sucked.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 9:56 pm

I like Stir. They're like a new version of Bad Company.

I HAAAAATE Creed though and Sevendust is "iffy" in my book.

So I understand why you thought the show sucked.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 10:10 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I like Stir. They're like a new version of Bad Company.

I HAAAAATE Creed though and Sevendust is "iffy" in my book.

So I understand why you thought the show sucked.

You serious about Stir? They're still around? Actually, I did like "Superstation" and they did a good cover of "Crazy Train" in concert.

Yeah, Creed sucks. He just did his Jesus pose the whole time and Sevendust is just the same song over and over again (and the song isn't that special).
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 11:03 pm

My FIRST concert was The Statler Brothers and Barbara Mandrell at Fresno's Selland Arena around 1979. I slept through most of it, 'cause I was 6.

The first rock show I went to was Petra on the On Fire! tour in 1989 in Sherman, Texas.

My first metal show was Deliverance on the Faster For the Master tour at Spur's in OKC in 1989. I totally LOVED it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 11:12 pm

Def Leppard, 1988 or 1989, I forget. Queensryche opened.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18944

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 11:16 pm

Even though they weren't really my type of music, it was Winger and Slaughter. Kiss was suppose to headline, but cancelled. My uncle had free tickets, so me and a couple of friends went. My first heavy concert was Prong in '92.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:28 am

Rush in 1973 not sure who opened and that was with their first drummer!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:48 am

Iron Maiden Ed Hunter tour. When was that 2000? 2002? It was when bruce came back. I was kind of against going to concerts when I was younger. Actually I still am in some ways. But I listened to Maiden for so long and Bruce came back and it was a pretty big thing so I went with 2 other friends of mine. Probably one of the best show ive seen to this day. Its tied with when I saw Helloween for the first time and got to be right at the stage and the Metal Masters tour. Anyway i'll never forgive my friend for getting nikko mcbrains drum stick when he threw it out into the audience. I reached for it but didnt think it was going to make it so I put my hand down. He reached out and got it. I was standing right next to him to.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 7:34 am

ultmetal wrote:
James B. wrote:
California Jam 1974
Ontario Motor Speedway
Ontario, California

AWESOME!!! Did you get to see California Jam II w/ Ted Nugent, Aerosmith, Heart, Frank Marino, etc.?

went to that one too...
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 7:54 am

My first rock concert was metallica with korn, trivium, avenged sevenfold, stone sour, alice in chains. blood simple and satyricon i think
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 9:13 am

Pink Floyd on the Division Bell tour.

My wife's first concert was Black Sabbath on the first reunion tour.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 9:19 am

Rex wrote:

I took my wife to her first metal concert while we were still dating - Savatage at the Birch Hill in Old Bridge, NJ, 1996.

She in turn got me to go to my first (and thankfully only) country music concert with her - Alan Jackson in '02. The things we do for love!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 9:20 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
Now that the NJ Devils no longer play at the Meadowlands (they have a brand spankin' new arena in Newark) and the NJ Nets are supposedly moving to a new venue in Brooklyn in a year or two, there's been a lot of talk about tearing it down, which would be a shame because it's a great place to see a concert

This is the last year for the Spectrum in Philadelphia. Like you, Freddy, I've seen many great shows there. Just off the top of my head...Aerosmith, Skid Row, Metallica, Def Leppard, Great White, Cinderella, Megadeth, Pantera, Black Sabbath w/Ozzy & H&H w/Dio, ZZ Top, The Black Crowes, AC/DC, Motley Crue, George Thorogood, Huey Lewis, Poison, Warrant, Kid Rock, Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie and I'm sure there's a few more I'm forgetting. I'll be sad to see it go.

I didn't know the Spectrum was on its way out. I've never been there but a few friends of mine who lived in South Jersey used to go shows there all the time too. Often I'd see a show at the Meadowlands one day, and they'd see the same band at the Spectrum a couple of days later (or vice versa), then we'd compare notes. Laughing

Boo to the Powers That Be who want to destroy these sacred shrines full of precious Metal Memories!!

angry

I heard that about the Spectrum as well. I saw a ton of concerts there, including my very first show as I previously stated. Saw Black Sabbath w/ Ian Gillan on vocals, (yes, the infamous Stonehenge set!) Quiet Riot on the Metal Health tour, Dio and Twisted Sister, Mountain, Triumph, KISS on the Animalize tour, Aerosmith a couple times, the first on their Rock in a Hard Place tour, then again the reunion "Back in the Saddle" tour with Ted Nugent opening. Saw them again on the "Done with Mirrors" tour and the "Permanent Vacation" tour. Nothing like getting out of a concert at the Spectrum and get one of those awesome pretzels from the vendors outside in the parking lot.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 9:29 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Rex wrote:

I took my wife to her first metal concert while we were still dating - Savatage at the Birch Hill in Old Bridge, NJ, 1996.

She in turn got me to go to my first (and thankfully only) country music concert with her - Alan Jackson in '02. The things we do for love!!!

LOL thankfully my wife WANTED to go see Black Sabbath and we have similar tastes in music. It works out good like that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 9:33 am

Rex wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Rex wrote:

LOL thankfully my wife WANTED to go see Black Sabbath and we have similar tastes in music. It works out good like that. Very Happy

My wife sez if AC/DC come to town on this upcoming tour, she'd go to that show with me. That would be sweet.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is first concert you ever attended?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next