Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deep Purple...

Go down 
+18
Addy
MetalGuy71
AngelRipper16
journeyman
DallasBlack
sam
TheGooch
Troublezone
skullsmasher
Pontus
the sentinel
manny
spiritoradio
James B.
XYZ
DeathCult
Olafsto
MetalH
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

Deep Purple... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple...   Deep Purple... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 1:40 pm

My Deep Purple mention of the day. Sir Gillan is awesome. Smile:

Quote :
In an interview in the latest issue of Classic Rock magazine, DEEP PURPLE singer Ian Gillan reveals he has "no interest" in the Mk III lineup of the band — and he doesn't particularly rate Mk IV either.

Gillan said: "I've never listened to any of PURPLE Mk III's records. What are they called? 'Burn' and... 'Strongbow' (Strongbow is English cider — Ed.), is it?"

"I've got no interest in them," he continued. "It's like seeing your girlfriend with another guy."

Gillan added: "As for Mk IV [when American guitarist, the late Tommy Bolin, replaced Ritchie Blackmore), I listened to their 'Come Taste The Band' album [1975] and that wasn't really PURPLE in my book.

"I've got no problems with the performances, I just don't think it's DEEP PURPLE at all.

"Glenn Hughes is one of the most naturally talented musicians but he's still copying Steve Wonder to this day, so I can't call him a bona fide member of DEEP PURPLE."

"The
Mk III and IV lineups were full of talent, but you know you can spend
£100 million on football players and you won't necessarily get a good
team."
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple...   Deep Purple... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 3:03 pm

awsome speech
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple...   Deep Purple... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:40 pm

Love Gillan and can understand that completely. I like all of the incarnations of the band. Although the version of Deep Purple I think of as the classic or best is the mkII line up.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Deep Purple...   Deep Purple... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 5:01 pm

Deep Purple has a new live album in the works called "Space Truckin' Round the World Live 68-76." According to Classic Rock magazine, the two-disc set — due out next month — will feature rare live recordings from various concerts all over the world, including shows in Tokyo, Paris and San Diego. The compilation, which features multiple band line-ups, will also feature a detailed history of the group, individual concert details and photos. It's being released as part of the 10th anniversary of Purple Records — the label that handles the band's music.
The track listing is as follows:
CD 1:
1. Hush (Inglewood 1968)
2. River Deep Mountain High (Inglewood 1968)
3. Hey Joe (Inglewood 1968)
4. Wring That Neck (Aachen 1970)
5. Into The Fire (Stockholm 1970)
6. Mandrake Root (Montreux 1969)
CD 2:
1. Child In Time (Granada TV 1970)
2. Lazy (Denmark 1972)
3. Strange Kind Of Woman (Denmark 1972)
4. Burn (San Diego 1974)
5. Mistreated (San Diego 1974)
6. The Gypsy (Paris 1975)
7. Lady Double Dealer (Paris 1975)