Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal

Go down 
+8
MetalGuy71
Required Fields
Thrasher73
Lurideath
ultmetal
INVADERS
Troublezone
Temple of Blood
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal Empty
PostSubject: Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal   Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 10:45 pm

So, after six months of wanting this album but not being able to find it, I found a copy of this album at a local cd store. Since I have no money right now, I had to trade a 4-disc live Grateful Dead album (which cost me 50) to get it (17). I lost over 30 on the trade, but, MAN, was it worth it.

This album blew me away more than any album has in a long time. For such complex compositions, the intensity stays very high. I'd love to find more albums like this one.

What does everyone else think of this album?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal   Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 10:50 pm

Love it!!!!!!!!!

One of my favorite thrash albums of all-time. It had to grow on me though.

Love the lyrics, especially to "A Subtle Induction".

Some of the riffs on there blow my mind, and Hoglan's drumming is world-class.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal   Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 12:04 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Love it!!!!!!!!!

One of my favorite thrash albums of all-time. It had to grow on me though.

Love the lyrics, especially to "A Subtle Induction".

Some of the riffs on there blow my mind, and Hoglan's drumming is world-class.

So true. There are so many fills thrown in all over the place. I'm just playing a couple of tunes from the album for my friend Joel. He said, as I told him he would, his like has changed. This album is just too freakin' wicked.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal   Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 3:43 am

You did the right thing making that trade because TDNH is a thrash classic! You should get Leave Scars too, but the production is way more raw.

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal   Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 5:51 am

The album is awesome.
That album was my introduction to Dark Angel and it's my fav album by them, although all Dark Angel albums are awesome.
It's up there with Megadeth's Rust in Peace and 'Tallica's ...and Justice for all in terms of technicality.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal   Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 8:11 am

Brilliant album, as is "Leave Scars". Killer riffs, raw & heavy productions, excellent vocals from Ron Rinehart.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal   Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 1:57 pm

Not a Ron Rinehart fan really. The music is killer though.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal   Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 2:02 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Not a Ron Rinehart fan really. The music is killer though.

Really? Why is that?

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal   Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 2:58 pm

One of the Greatest thrash albums.Its just one great riff after another.Ron is awesome.I also like the stuff he did in Oil
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28447

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal   Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 3:04 pm

Awesome album. The title track, Pain's Invention, Madness, Psychosexuality, and A Subtle Induction are the best songs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal   Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 3:38 pm

Gee, I must be missing something here. This is the only Dark Angel cd I own, and while I like it ok enough, I'm not gushing over it like some of the other responses here.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal   Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 4:02 pm

Great album. It's my favorite Dark Angel album with "Darkness Descends".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal   Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 4:08 pm

The thing that I appreciate most about this album is the detail of the riffs and the precision with which they're played. Performing these songs live must have been exhausting, if not physically then mentally.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal   Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 4:14 pm

get_the_firehouse wrote:
Performing these songs live must have been exhausting, if not physically then mentally.

I think they broke up before touring for this album.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal   Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 4:19 pm

No, I have a 2 CD bootleg from them after this album came out and they play 3-4 songs from it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal   Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 4:24 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
No, I have a 2 CD bootleg from them after this album came out and they play 3-4 songs from it.

I bet that is pretty awesome to hear.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal   Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 6:04 pm

I auditioned for these guys in 83' and needless to say "almost" doesn't count for anything in music.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal   Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 7:37 pm

ahh, dark angel, how i love thee
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal   Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 7:59 pm

James B. wrote:
I auditioned for these guys in 83' and needless to say "almost" doesn't count for anything in music.

What did you play for them at the audition?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal   Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 6:45 am

Too bad they'll never get back together. My friend knows Jim Durkin and heard him say that they'll never get back together and it's because of Eric Meyer their second original guitarist. He ruined the bands last attempt to reform a few years ago. Sucks!!!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal   Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 8:25 am

spectrefate wrote:
get_the_firehouse wrote:
Performing these songs live must have been exhausting, if not physically then mentally.

No, they most certainly toured for this album and even were beginning work on the next album. According to Ron they had signed a big contract with some major record company. All the labels seemed to be signing thrash bands at the time. However, Ron quit and the band fell apart, at least that's the story he tells.

I have three tour shirts from this tour.

Last edited by ultmetal on Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal   Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 9:40 am

ultmetal wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
get_the_firehouse wrote:

No, the most certainly toured for this album and even were beginning work on the next album. According to Ron they had signed a big contract with some major record company. All the labels seemed to be signing thrash bands at the time. However, Ron quit and the band fell apart, at least that's the story he tells.

I have three tour shirts from this tour.

That's true about Ron quiting and the band falling apart.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal   Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 9:48 pm

Quote :

I am not sure if they were still called Shellshock ? much less the names of the songs from 25 years ago, sorry man. I was given a tape and asked to learn the songs and come back. When I came back, there was another drummer there and I played after him...again I was asked to return, but I got busted a few days later and that was all she wrote. It was a long drive from San Berdoo to Long Beach anyways.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28447

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal   Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2021 9:35 pm

I sport a Time Does Not Heal shirt in my newest YouTube video.

Lari likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal   Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 12:05 pm

James B. wrote:
Quote :

I am not sure if they were still called Shellshock ? much less the names of the songs from 25 years ago, sorry man.  I was given a tape and asked to learn the songs and come back.  When I came back, there was another drummer there and I played after him...again I was asked to return, but I got busted a few days later and that was all she wrote.  It was a long drive from San Berdoo to Long Beach anyways.

How was your double bass skill back then? I always assumed you were a regular heavy metal (not thrash) type drummer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal   Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next