Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe

Go down 
+35
Addy
Schbopo
akeldama
manny
metalinmyveins
nevermore
iamrockerfun
HellRaiser
Muloc7253
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
ghost
Metal Misfit
the sentinel
thejokeriv
Selvmord
SuprimuS
Olafsto
krokus
MoonChild
7thSecond
zombiewalkin
MetalGuy71
Rex
Tall Tyrion
ultmetal
tohostudios
Thrasher73
rattpoison
mc666
powermacho
ThrashedOutCobra33
arttieTHE1manparty
candlemass
XYZ
39 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe Empty
PostSubject: Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe   Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 11:17 pm

Which do you prefer? Both started as great metal bands, but then later moved towards more of a pop sound. So considering there entire disography, what band do you prefer?

I would have to pick Def Leppard as the better of the two.
Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe Def-leppard-1
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe   Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 11:19 pm

DL, simply cause I have no love for the crue. sick
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe   Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 11:31 pm

TOUGH, tough call... Wow, I am literally having a hard time deciding what to type here. I think the Crue has been more consistent soundwise, if you remove the self-titled album with Corabi. I love both bands, have seen both live, and have the entire discography of each... As of THIS MINUTE, I would have to go with Crue, but it could change by the time I hit enter.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe   Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 11:31 pm

Though I respect early DL, I'll have to go with Motley. They're among my favourites. Although, it's really only the material from the classic era that I love (i.e. TFFL through Feelgood/Decade). The s/t with Corabi is pretty awesome, too. New Tattoo is cool. And, I'll never buy Swine.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe   Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 11:36 pm

Their new single has a KILLER throwback sound to the Dr. Feelgood days....

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe   Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 11:38 pm

Def Leppard
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe   Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 12:09 am

I don't have Deff leppard early stuff, so I go with CRUE
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe   Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 12:19 am

Motley Crue have at least 2 albums that i like. Def Leppard have none.

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe   Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 1:04 am

Def Leppard by a mile. Yeah, I'm clearly biased, but I just don't think the Crue has the same amount of quality material. Even Def Leppard's worst album, X, is a good pop rock album. I'm not a big fan of the album, but the songs aren't bad.

Def Leppard have albums people dislike, but they don't technically have any bad albums, in my opinion. And I'm talking about the songs. Motley Crue, however, actually have bad albums, chock full of bad songs.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe   Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 2:03 am

Def Leppard because they had some great rock n' roll albums early on and....

....Motley Crue are the most disgusting non talented musical entity ever!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe   Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 7:31 am

Def Leppard
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe   Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 7:53 am

I'm going with the Crue.They were my favorite for years and while I still like D.L's early stuff I like more of the Crues material.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe   Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 8:07 am

I have to take DL even though I only really like their first three albums. Those three are stronger than practically anything Crue has done except maybe Dr. Feelgood.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe   Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 8:16 am

Both bands started off as something I really liked, but both bands moved in directions I didn't care for. Actually it's both band's first two albums that I like the best. However, if I was to chose between the two I'd go with the Crue based on the strength of "Too Fast for Love".

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe   Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 8:52 am

Def Leppard are far superior to MC IMO.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe   Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 8:55 am

Ugh, this is like choosing between a purple nurple and a pink belly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe   Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 8:58 am

mc666 wrote:
Motley Crue have at least 2 albums that i like. Def Leppard have none.

I could've typed this. It's my opinion as well.

never saw anything great about DL, and they were the one 80s band who seemed to get half their fanbase from the unmetal side of the lunchroom.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe   Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 9:54 am

Crue. While their output may have been spotty over the years, there was always something I could like about every album. Def Leppard I liked in the beginning, but have kinda lost interest after Hysteria. I have a coupla of cd's after that, but there's some gapping holes in that discography that I have no interest or intention of filling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe   Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 9:59 am

As fun as they are, the Crüe could only hope to have one ounce of the Lepp's musicianship, songwriting, melody sense and general talent. Not too mention Def Leppard are the superior live band of the two.
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe   Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 11:41 am

Im gonna go with Def Leppard because I like their first three albums and with Crue it really is only their first two.....so.....its more a math thing because I really like both bands early forms.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe   Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 12:18 pm

Def Leppard musically, Motley Crue entertainment wise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe   Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 12:32 pm

DL especially when they had Clark were the superior band. Crue had some catchy songs and could write a hook but DL just ruled for awhile.
That new Crue song is really good.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe   Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 12:58 pm

Def Leppard for all early works. 🤘
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe   Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 1:09 pm

DEF LEPPARD have 5 very good albums and MOTLEY CRUE 5 too. Very hard but i think i will go for MÖTLEY CRUE. They looked better Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe   Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 1:38 pm

sick
Can`t stand any of them...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe   Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Def Leppard vs. Mötley Crüe
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next