Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri

Go down 
+7
powermacho
exact33
DallasBlack
Troublezone
Lurideath
GrandNational
kethdredd
11 posters
AuthorMessage
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri Empty
PostSubject: Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri   Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 12:07 pm

I've never listened to any Impelliteri but it may be a good time to start...

Its pretty unclear to me whether he is on the latest record.

Quote :

NEW! News
Update –MAY 2008

[size=21]Hello Friends,

First, I want to thank Guitar World magazine for
including Impellitteri in their 50 Fastest Guitarist of All Time
article. That was really nice of them to include me. I am definitely
guilty of playing hyper-speed all too often.

However, many people tell me I am the guitarist who
probably started the craze of hyper-speed shred with the Impellitteri
Black EP-- (oops-- HA! ) SHRED ON !!

Now on to our new record titled "Good and Evil". The
new music is being mixed in Vancouver with Greg Reely (Devil Driver, Fear
Factory, etc..) . I can say that this is by far the most amazing recording
I have been involved with. It is filled with amazing riffs, fast shredding
solos, screaming vocals, and of course a brutal rhythm section.

The goal of this record was to make a historic album
that will rival Van Halen 1, Ozzy's Blizzard of OZ, Pantera -
Cowboys from Hell, Yngwie's Rising force, Metallica's Master of
puppets, and even new artists like Children of Bodom and Avenged
Sevenfold.

And so, Impellitteri "Good and Evil" is my
attempt to rival the best. Hopefully, we have done our job well
!! It was not easy.

And now for all of the patient fans --- ROB ROCK is
officially back in the band.

Oh, and Impellitteri will be creating their first
official My Space Page shortly.

Cheers,

Chris
Impellitteri

[/size]
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri   Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 2:46 pm

If Chris Impelliteri wants to make a record to rival Children of Bodom and Avenged Sevenfold, I'll pass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri   Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 2:58 pm

Both of those bands have a LOT of crazy guitar on their albums....
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri   Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 5:08 pm

Damn this guy sounds a bit egotistical! He's a great guitarist nevertheless. However, to rival Van Halen 1, Blizzard of Oz, and Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force... this guy better go back to the drawing board and develop the exact same attitude that was put into those albums. Bottom line, it will NEVER happen. Those albums are classics and you just can't compete with a classic and expect good reactions. He could have worded that a lot different as well instead of sounding like a maniacal idiot.

Will it be a good album? probably, but his foot is already halfway in his mouth with that statement he made.

As for Rob Rock... good that he's back in Impelliteri, but he still has to rival his best album Holy Hell.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri   Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 6:06 pm

Why go back to Impelliteri?? He was doing better on his own! Was he just making solo records to prove he could make it without Impelliteri?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri   Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 6:38 pm

troublezone wrote:
Why go back to Impelliteri?? He was doing better on his own! Was he just making solo records to prove he could make it without Impelliteri?

Rob has always been a guy that fronts for multiple acts so I expect he will work with Impelliteri and still do his solo stuff. I hope so because there is no such thing as too much Rob Rock IMO. Now of course this probably means he won't be the next frontman for Narnia.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri   Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 6:55 pm

Quote :
Now of course this probably means he won't be the next frontman for Narnia.

Well i'd rather him play with Impelliteri than Narnia anyday.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri   Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 7:08 pm

What Lurideath said.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri   Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 7:59 pm

Lurideath wrote:
As for Rob Rock... good that he's back in Impelliteri, but he still has to rival his best album Holy Hell.

I dont know about that. I would put Screaming Symphony above Holy Hell.

I love the reunion between Impellitteri and Rock. They have put out some outstanding stuff over the years and I will be buying the next one he sings on. I think they do a lot better together than apart. Rock has had a better time of it than Impellitteri but they are great together.

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri   Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 8:14 pm

Yea the two of them will make a great combo again, I also am really looking forward to the new disc, they didn't put out a weak album before when they were together.

Sure the last Impellitteri album was as rough as a badger arse after been dragged through a fence, but the vocalist was dreadful. With Rob back at the helm I think the only way is forward.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri   Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 8:23 pm

Locky wrote:
Yea the two of them will make a great combo again, I also am really looking forward to the new disc, they didn't put out a weak album before when they were together.

Sure the last Impellitteri album was as rough as a badger arse after been dragged through a fence, but the vocalist was dreadful. With Rob back at the helm I think the only way is forward.

the last vocalist was an acquired taste. I think the addition of rock will make the playing better. It seems that chris is a much more on his game with rock on vocals. I like Stand in Line too w GB but System X was not that interesting to me. This is one of those things that just makes life seem normal again - like Dickinson in Maiden and Halford in Priest...

Alex

powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri   Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 8:52 pm

GREAT GREAT GREAT NEWS. I was expecting Rob Rock or Graham Bonnet to be on the newest album. I hope they do some touring and keep their relationship for another album
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri   Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 10:35 pm

This will be great and I think Rob is doing this to help a friend out. I like everything Rob is on and think Holy Hell is only slightly better then Screaming Symphony.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri   Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 11:26 pm

I have to agree with "emptytomb1" Rob Rock is doing it to help Chriss. I see Rob Rock doing great tours right now, there is no way that he will leave his solo career
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri   Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 11:34 pm

I'm pretty happy about this. I hope Rob continues to do some solo stuff, but Impelitteri NEEDED Rob back, as his last effort was very sub-par.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri   Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 1:56 am

We got Ripper with Malmsteen and Rob Rock back with Impelliteri... Kinda weird.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri   Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 2:00 am

Wow, news to me, I never knew that rob left. lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri   Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 6:15 am

Stender wrote:
Wow, news to me, I never knew that rob left. lol.

He left 8 years ago. In other words, when he made the first solo album.

Im happy about this and I also think Rock will be able to juggle being both solo and the vocalist for Impellitteri. It's not like Impellitteri is a million selling act that tours extensively and Rock also has occupation as a pilot. Laughing The more albums he makes - the more income he probably has anyway.

BTW, as great as Rock's solo albums and Impellitteri works are - the best album he sang on is still the M.A.R.S. Project:Driver IMO. Now that was magic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri   Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 12:42 pm

Rob Rock gives update on all his forthcoming activities: http://www.bravewords.com/news/89259
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri   Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 12:58 pm

Quote :
Sure the last Impellitteri album was as rough as a badger arse after been dragged through a fence, but the vocalist was dreadful

Although I agree RR is an improvement (over just about anyone) I (along with about 3 other people, apparently) really love Pedal To The Metal. I love the crunchy guitar tone and I found myself saying "wow" to that one as much/more than any of Impellitteri's work.

STILL, I'm excited about the reunion. Rob Rock's entire career = 10/10!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri   Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 1:13 pm

I thought pedal was ok music but the vocals took a lot of time to get used to and they didnt fit. It is amazing after having rob rock sing on your album just how much someone else will not do Smile

Alex

Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri   Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 5:14 am

I'm excited Rock and Impellitteri are back together again-I agree that Rock brings out the best in Impellitteri -and it does feel a bit like Dickinson and Maiden! Smile Let's hope this album lives up to the hype Chris has given it. Rock's solo work has been extremely high-class, so here's hoping.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri   Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rob Rock rejoins Impelliteri
Page 1 of 1