Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus!

Go down 
+12
KissinMaiden
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Smindas
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
ultmetal
SideShowDisaSter
mc666
TrogDawn
TH Joe
Lurideath
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus! Empty
PostSubject: Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus!   Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 11:40 pm

EXODUS guitarist Gary Holt has issued the following update:

"I'd like to take a moment here and welcome back Tom Hunting to EXODUS' drum throne. It was always understood that when and if Tom was ever ready to resume his drumming duties for the band, his seat would be waiting. Paul [Bostaph] always knew this, and was the first to say it upon joining the band. Paul and Tom have always been good friends and we, as a band, cannot thank Paul enough for his services on 'Shovel Headed Kill Machine' and all the subsequent tours he did to support that album. We had a great time and kicked many asses along the way. Paul has given this reunion his whole-hearted endorsement with no mixed blessings and is happy to see Tom back in the fold. Now, some band out there may just become the luckiest bunch of suckers in the world, because one hell of a drum is on the market! We wish Paul all the best, and he will always be a member of the extended EXODUS family.

"That having been said, we are so excited to have Tom back in the band he co-founded. He, other than the time spent out of the band, is the only drummer I've ever played with, and he and I have an unspoken language of metal that I am stoked to continue. We are hard at work on the new songs, and this smurf poo is the best and heaviest music we've ever written. I've kept quiet until now — because everyone always brags about how great their new smurf poo is — but this is no boast. This album will redefine thrash metal as we know it. We will be hitting the studio mid-May with Mr. Andy Sneap. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED."

Gary Holt recently announced plans to release his first instructional DVD. "I am planning on focusing on rhythm technique, some lead chops, and going over the correct way to play some of the EXODUS riffs," Gary previously said. "I feel there are enough straight shred things out there, so I want to do something as bit differrent. And of course I will make it funny as hell!"

As previously reported, a video clip of EXODUS performing the classic song "Strike of the Beast" on November 29, 2006 in Belgrade, Serbia has been posted online at YouTube.com.

EXODUS recently completed a European headlining tour in support of its latest CD, "Shovel Headed Kill Machine", which was released in October 2005 via Nuclear Blast Records. Recorded at Trident studios in Pacheco, California and mixed by Andy Sneap (MACHINE HEAD, ARCH ENEMY), the follow-up to 2004's "Tempo of the Damned" was the band's first album to feature Lee Altus (guitar; HEATHEN), Paul Bostaph (drums; ex-SLAYER, TESTAMENT, FORBIDDEN) and Rob Dukes (vocals).
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus!   Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 12:07 am

Great! Now if only Rick and Zetro would come back...
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus!   Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 12:31 am

The real trick would be getting Paul Baloff back. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus!   Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 12:33 am

trogdawn wrote:
The real trick would be getting Paul Baloff back. Wink
cheeky Razz

if Zetro rejoined, i definetly would not be on board. i was never a fan of that vocal style.

SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4602

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus!   Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 9:06 am

Quote :
The real trick would be getting Paul Baloff back.

Laughing very hard

I never did care for Baloff's style. MUCH preferred Zetro.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus!   Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 9:10 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Quote :
The real trick would be getting Paul Baloff back.

Laughing very hard

Same here. Love "Pleasures of the Flesh", "Fabulous Disaster" and "Impact is Immenent".
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus!   Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 9:16 am

Yup,have to agree with Ult and Sideshow.Zetro is my fav.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus!   Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 10:00 am

thrasher73 wrote:
Yup,have to agree with Ult and Sideshow.Zetro is my fav.

Me too. I don't care much for the new guy.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus!   Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 12:14 pm

Always been a Souza fan as well. How'd he get the nick Zetro though?

Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus!   Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 1:23 pm

I never followed EXODUS after Bonded by Blood (which I loved) so Paul was the only singer I knew. Recently, I have started checking into some of Steve's stuff and I can say that I can appreciate him mainly because his voice reminds me of Scott's voice (ult). I'd like to hear more. I definitely appreciate their lyrical direction more post-Baloff.
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus!   Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 1:52 pm

yeah Trog,I definitely like their lyrical direction after Baloff.I never cared for Bonded by Blood.I own their whole catalog minus that one which I traded off.Never cared for the "Look how evil we are" craziness.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus!   Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 2:45 pm

Bonded by Blood is awesome, possibly their best.

I do love POTF and FD almost, if not equally as much, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus!   Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 3:56 pm

I like both Baloff and Zetro... the first three Exodus CDs are all classics in my book (though I think I like "Pleasures of the Flesh" best of all)... yea, the lyrics on "Bonded" were ridiculously cheesy, but then so were a lot of thrash lyrics in those early days...

You gotta give Baloff one thing, there was never a vocalist like him before or since!!
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus!   Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 4:44 pm

I like both Paul and Steve, they both kick ass.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus!   Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 7:05 pm

I think the 1st 2 are the best Exodus albums ever made. Bonded By Blood had some great songs and amazing energy and Pleasures of the Flesh was just really angry! I feel they started losing it after that.

I am glad Tom is back, but I wonder whats next for Paul Bostaph. He is a great drummer!
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus!   Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2007 7:29 pm

Great news!
My Exo list:

1. BONDED BY BLOOD
-------- over the hills and far away --------
2. Fabulous Disaster
3. Pleasures of the Flesh
4. Tempo of the Damned
5. Impact is Imminent
6. Force of Habit
7. Shovel Headed Kill Machine
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus!   Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2007 1:08 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:

That's just metal blasphemy!!11

ack
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus!   Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2007 12:19 am

sovdat wrote:
Great news!
My Exo list:

1. BONDED BY BLOOD
-------- over the hills and far away --------
2. Fabulous Disaster
3. Pleasures of the Flesh
4. Tempo of the Damned
5. Impact is Imminent
6. Force of Habit
7. Shovel Headed Kill Machine

You nailed it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus!   Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2007 2:20 pm

AchrisK wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:

That's just metal blasphemy!!11

ack
I like Zetro better, too. I do like Baloff though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus!   Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2007 2:30 pm

I'm with Ack
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus!   Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2021 11:25 pm

Tom has been diagnosed with some form of gastric cancer. This will delay the release of the new Exodus until November:

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/exodus-delays-persona-non-grata-album-release-until-november/

Best wishes for the man.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus!   Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 5:55 pm

Best wishes for a swift recovery.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus!   Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2021 10:18 pm

Terrible news. Praying for recovery.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus!   Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2021 6:35 am

Good news:

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/exodus-drummer-tom-hunting-is-now-cancer-free/

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus!   Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tom Hunting REJOINS Exodus!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: