Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Deliverance Album

Go down 
+29
Dark Horseman
Addy
DallasBlack
Sutekh
T-Roy
James B.
candlemass
Glenn Rogers
Tall Tyrion
nevermore
kethdredd
Stender
thejokeriv
Waylon
Thrasher73
SAHB Healer
arttieTHE1manparty
krokus
kmorg
Fat Freddy
fishingd
stepcousin
Hamer12
scottmitchell74
SideShowDisaSter
ultmetal
Rex
mc666
TH Joe
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2007 10:24 am

Weapons of our Warfare
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 11:15 pm

Resurrected!!!!!!!

Quote :
Weapons and Stay.....different - but equal

I wrote that 1 year ago next week.....but I've recently acquired S/T, Weapons and Stay...on CD after years on cassette. I was listening to S/T in my wife's car (which has a 1/2 decent stereo system).

I must ammend my list to include Deliverance - Deliverance. It's just incredible!!!! S/T and Weapons along with SOE are in a three way tie. Deliverance has a remarkable discography!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 11:43 pm

The S/T had such an impact on my life as a Christian that I choose it for that reason. But to choose one on musical merits alone is difficult for me.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 3:19 pm

S/T followed by Weapons and Stay
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 6:16 pm

Weopons, its a no-brainer!
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 8:09 pm

WOOW
S/T
As Above So Below
What A Joke
Stay Of Execution
Learn
Back to top Go down
fishingd
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
fishingd

Number of posts : 297

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 11:32 pm

S/T
Weopons of our Warfare
Stay Of Execution
Learn
As Above So Below
River Disturbance
What A Joke
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 4:10 am

iN oRDER.....
s/t and Weapons
Joke
Stay
River
Learn
Chamelot
Assililation

I dont know As Above very well enough to comment yet. Hasnt stood the test of time just yet, ya know.

I love every album Jimmy has done, even the non-D albums.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 6:23 pm

The S/T.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 6:39 pm

Stay of Execution
As Above So Below
Weapons
s/t
What a Joke
Live - Intense Series
Learn
River Disturbance
Camelot in Smithereens
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 6:44 pm

I like Weapons because we started wrighting that cd before I left the band...The S/T was great,but there we're alot of older songs from the pre Thrash day's...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 7:21 pm

Weapons, this is one slab of metallic heaven! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 7:26 pm

Hey Glen.....do ya still have a "faster for the master" t-shirt ?

I vote for "weapons" cause it showed the talent that Jimmy has,,, not to mention it rocks.
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 11:19 am

James B. wrote:
Hey Glen.....do ya still have a "faster for the master" t-shirt ?

I vote for "weapons" cause it showed the talent that Jimmy has,,, not to mention it rocks.

I have one D T-shirt...It's not Faster for the Master....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 2:45 pm

My rankings would probably be cronological...

Tied-Deliverance (1989)
Tied-Weapons Of Our Warfare (1990)
What A Joke (1991)
Stay Of Execution (1992)
Learn (1993)
River Disturbance (1994)
Camelot In Smithereens (1995)
Assimilation (2001)

I still have a "No Time" t-shirt that I got at their show in '90.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 2:47 pm

My list is the same as George's. I haven't heard the new one yet.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 3:12 pm

spectrefate wrote:
The S/T had such an impact on my life as a Christian that I choose it for that reason. But to choose one on musical merits alone is difficult for me.

Ditto

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 11:12 am

I have been really diggin' Stay of Execution lately. There is something about that one that is really appealing to me. I got it on cassette back in 93 I think, and I was very disappointed. I hadn't heard What A joke? and I thought Deliverance were "selling out" on Stay. Now, 15 years later it is threatening the S/T's place atop my favorite list.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 2:56 pm

Yeah, it's that good. I won't say I was dissapointed then, but it was a shock. After I got over the shock I realized how beautiful and brutal it was at the same time. There's some crushing rhythm going on on Stay Of Execution.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 3:04 pm

I enjoy STAY... a lot more now than I did when it was current. It was too much of a curve ball for me when I first heard it back in the day. Years later, I find myself diggin' it quite a bit. "Ramming Speed," "Entombed," and even "Horrendous Disc" (which I HATED when I first heard it) are quite awesome.

Much of what came afterward (LEARN, RIVER DISTURBANCE, etc.) still leaves me kinda cold though.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 7:21 pm

I'm very similar FatFreddy on Stay. At first it TOTALLY threw me. But Ramming Speed, Entombed and Once Was are my favorite.

My favorite Deliverance:
1. Weapons
2. What a Joke
3. Stay
4. S/T
5. As Above So Below
6. Learn
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 2:29 am

I avoided Stay of Execution for years, and when I finally heard it, I was stunned at the depth of lyrical and emotional complexity I found. Completely different from the first three, and an equal tie with Weapons... as my favourite.

Haven't heard enough of As Above So Below, though my impression thus far is that it's probably their most aggressive release.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 2:35 am

I really enjoy Stay of Execusion but only have What A Joke before that. I still need to get the s/t and Weapons. I actually like the oft critisized Assimilation (although I understand why most people dislike it) more than River Disturbance. That being said As Above So Below is much better than those two.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 7:23 am

T-Roy wrote:
I'm very similar FatFreddy on Stay. At first it TOTALLY threw me. But Ramming Speed, Entombed and Once Was are my favorite.

T-Roy, I do believe that this is the first time you and I have EVER agreed on ANYTHING around here. What is this world coming to? Shocked

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 6:04 pm

Welcome to the board, Sutekh!! You have good taste in metal. If you have thick skin, you'll fit in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Deliverance Album
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next