Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Deliverance Album

Go down 
+29
Dark Horseman
Addy
DallasBlack
Sutekh
T-Roy
James B.
candlemass
Glenn Rogers
Tall Tyrion
nevermore
kethdredd
Stender
thejokeriv
Waylon
Thrasher73
SAHB Healer
arttieTHE1manparty
krokus
kmorg
Fat Freddy
fishingd
stepcousin
Hamer12
scottmitchell74
SideShowDisaSter
ultmetal
Rex
mc666
TH Joe
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 9:30 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
T-Roy wrote:
I'm very similar FatFreddy on Stay. At first it TOTALLY threw me. But Ramming Speed, Entombed and Once Was are my favorite.

T-Roy, I do believe that this is the first time you and I have EVER agreed on ANYTHING around here. What is this world coming to? Shocked
Wanna join in Holy Civil Union??!! Happy
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 11:46 pm

Tell you what...As Above, So Below is climbing the ranks... Learn is still at the top, however.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 11:56 pm

Man,As Above-So Below is one disc that had no staying power with me.I liked it but after a few spins never went back to it.Might be time to get it out again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 11:59 pm

I hear As Above at least once a week. I gotta agree with Arttie. Its a contender for the top of the list.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 12:01 am

As Above So Below RIPS!! And it's better every time....and you WILL like it Thrasher73!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 12:10 am

T-Roy wrote:
As Above So Below RIPS!! And it's better every time....and you WILL like it Thrasher73!

:kickbutt:

Haha.I like it fine,it just doesnt keep me wanting more like the S/T and Weapons do.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 9:01 am

I love them all

Learn being at the top
River Disturbance and Stay of Execution in 2nd
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 10:27 am

Quote :
No question at all...LEARN!

In order...

Learn
Deliverance
Weapons
Stay Of Execution
What A Joke
Camelot
Assimilation
River Disturbance
Intense Live

I don't feel that Back In The Day, Greetings Of Death, or Cornerstone Live can really be voted on. I have all of them, however...

Well, a year and a half later, all that has changed is the addition of As Above, So Below, but it is a pretty big addition...

In order...2008 version...

Learn
Deliverance
Weapons
As Above, So Below
Stay Of Execution
What A Joke
Camelot
Assimilation
River Disturbance
Intense Live

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 6:06 pm

Wow, that's pretty huge knocking out Stay of Execution! I can't say the same for me.....yet!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37558

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 11:20 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Dead heat between the debut and WEAPONS for me.

After playin' the heck out of the Retroactive reissues of these two albums for the past two weeks straight, I can finally answer this question definitively, and the answer is the debut! I can't pry that dang thing out of my CD player!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 9:22 pm

In the last 4 days I've now listened to both of these re-issues 3 times. I find it impossible to say which is better. Both so, so good and genre classics!!

The S/T might have the slightest of edges simply by having the best back-to-back Thrash songs ever - Temporary Insanity and Awake. Such consecutive awesomeness I've not heard since.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 9:25 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
In the last 4 days I've now listened to both of these re-issues 3 times. I find it impossible to say which is better. Both so, so good and genre classics!!

The S/T might have the slightest of edges simply by having the best back-to-back Thrash songs ever - Temporary Insanity and Awake. Such consecutive awesomeness I've not heard since.

This warms my heart. Appreciation for 2 of the greatest metal albums ever. It sucks that the "mainstream" metal fan knows nothing about these albums. I suppose they will remain "our little Christian secret". Smile
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 10:29 pm

I was thinking that very thing. It's ashame these guys didn't sell a lot more and have at least moderate commercial success. Even though I'm not sure that was their aim, it still would have been nice.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 6:33 am

Big bump for Stay of Execution. It came up in my rotation at work and listening to it a couple times through...it holds up very well.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 9:30 am

It's my favorite D album.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17044

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 5:36 pm

I feel that Stay of Execution was the last “classic” Deliverance album. It was comparable to Metallica’s Black record. Although I did also enjoy Learn as well. River Disturbance and Camelot in Smithereens we’re not my favorite era for the band.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37558

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 5:42 pm

Stay of Execution is where I tapped out on these guys. I hung in for a few more albums after that back in the day, but Learn was meh, River Disturbance was blah, and Camelot was "zzzzzz."

I can appreciate 'em trying to bring the thrash back on their last couple of releases but what little I heard from each of 'em didn't made me wanna jump back on bigtime. I'm glad they're still around, but those first four albums (plus the Intense Live Series disc and the Greetings Of Death Etc. odds-and-ends disc) are pretty much all I'm ever gonna need from them.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2019 6:51 pm

Took a few listen but Hear What I Say is a great album.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2019 1:31 am

Learn. It's a weird as hell album. Garage band production (why does the lead guitar sound like it's coming from a different room?), unpredictable movements that have little rhyme and reason, passages that are dark and murky like a slaughterhouse...the thing almost smells bad.

But it was my first intro to the band at a time when I was just getting into this music, and it scared me just enough to embrace it. It was a good pairing with my Nintendo and a dark chocolate milk. It scared my friends peers whenever I played it for them lol. Good times I had with that album. "NiNeTeEn-NiNeTy!"

Seriously, it was like the band was smoking loads of weed when they did Learn, and I've always embraced their experimental passions at that time.

Second place is the debut. A thrash classic with a PERFECT classic sound. Probably the best-produced thrash metal album in the christian market of its day. I don't think the remaster was ever necessary (although it sound good on a different level).
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17044

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2019 2:31 am

I agree with you about the s/t Deliverance album. It has a nice bright and crunchy guitar sound. I like it better than Weapons.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2019 2:34 am

Troublezone wrote:
I agree with you about the s/t Deliverance album. It has a nice bright and crunchy guitar sound. I like it better than Weapons.

I've never been overboard crazy about Weapons. It's a good album but the production is weak and the songs tend toward the bland. My first experience with that album was null but it grew on me gradually despite its setbacks. I still enjoy and it hits me on the right day, but those days are growing shorter...
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2019 3:30 am

Well after 12 years I can still say the S/T is my favorite D album. I agree with corpl that the production is awesome. The crunch is amazing. I like Weapons too but it’s a thin mix similar to And Justice for All.
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2019 12:38 am

Their first 4 to me are as important as the first 4 Metallica Albums .
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2019 1:06 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
I like Weapons too but it’s a thin mix similar to And Justice for All.

Holy moses you just hit the nail on the head. Not a fan of AJFA for the same reason, although it gets bonus points for obviously better songwriting.
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2019 1:19 am

Weapons of Our Warfare has great production , for me , it´s "The Master of Puppets" of Christian Metal . I like "What a Joke" a lot as well , by far their thrashiest offering .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Deliverance Album   Favorite Deliverance Album - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Deliverance Album
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next