Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Metallica Album

Go down 
+27
MoonChild
MetalRob331
Tall Tyrion
TheGooch
Waylon
Thrasher73
Olafsto
Sword Of The Heretic
AchrisK
Metal Misfit
kmorg
KissinMaiden
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Required Fields
fishingd
stepcousin
scottmitchell74
Invader
SideShowDisaSter
ultmetal
caniplaywithmadness?
MetalH
iamrockerfun
mc666
TH Joe
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

Favorite Metallica Album - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metallica Album   Favorite Metallica Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 12:22 am

Well, Seek and Destroy and For Whom the Bell Tolls are not bad songs, but they were overplayed and were the favorite Metallica songs of non-Metal fans. They were the more radio friendly songs and were just slower and more simple (though Seek and Destroy gets pretty rad at times). Escape is just dumb and boring. As for the instrumentals, I don't categorically hate instrumentals, I just find those two a bit boring. I find myself waiting for the next song.

Keep in mind, I am not just some punk-kid picking on Metallica. I got into them in around 1983 and was right there for the release of RtL and MoP. I have listened to the first three (plus Garage Days) over and over for years, and those are the songs I grew tired of, or never really liked.

My favorite song is probably Trapped Under Ice.

ack
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metallica Album   Favorite Metallica Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 1:06 am

I think "Orion" and "Call Of Ktulu" are two of the greatest instrumental songs in metal history! I could take or leave "Leper Messiah" or "Escape". The other "filler" songs you listed are excellent.

That being said, what's the point of being on a discussion board if you can't voice your opinion? Favorite Metallica Album - Page 2 309780
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metallica Album   Favorite Metallica Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 1:44 am

Fight Fire With Fire is still my fave 'Tallica song to this day. it's their most agressive.

Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metallica Album   Favorite Metallica Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 6:31 am

Ride the Lightning closely followed by
Kill em all and Master of Puppets
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metallica Album   Favorite Metallica Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 8:15 am

1)Master of Puppets
2)And Justice for All
3)Ride the Lightning
4)Kill Em All
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metallica Album   Favorite Metallica Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 11:02 am

mc666 wrote:
Fight Fire With Fire is still my fave 'Tallica song to this day. it's their most agressive.

No, Trapped Under Ice is the most aggressive!!!

ack
Back to top Go down
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metallica Album   Favorite Metallica Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 11:14 am

...And Justice For All

CLOSELY followed by Master Of Puppets!! 🤘

But SERIOUSLY...one can't go wrong with ANY of the Metallica discs up to (and including OF COURSE) ...And Justice For All!! I also listen to the Black disc from time to time... I don't own ANYTHING from them after this disc. Suspect

Waylon
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metallica Album   Favorite Metallica Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2007 12:34 pm

...not including AJfA
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metallica Album   Favorite Metallica Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 5:21 pm

i like the first five discs immensely about all the same. for me there are no bad songs on any of those five albums
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metallica Album   Favorite Metallica Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 5:28 pm

Master, closely followed by Ride The Lightning.

My son has been on a Metallica and Deliverance kick for months, so I've heard a whole lot of Master lately.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metallica Album   Favorite Metallica Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 5:28 pm

Master of Puppets hands down..
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metallica Album   Favorite Metallica Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 5:34 pm

1.and justice for all
2. master of puppets
3 ride the lightning
4. kill em all
5. black album

if i hans to rank the forst five albums it would probably be that but i like them all the same
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metallica Album   Favorite Metallica Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 7:22 pm

St. Anger.

j/k

1) Master Of Puppets (took me a while to get into this one, other than "Battery", the title cut, and "Welcome Home".)

2) The Black Album

3) Ride The Lightning

4) (tie) ...And Justice For All

4) (tie) Kill 'Em All

5) Live Sh*t: Binge And Purge

6) Garage Inc

7) S&M

8) Load

9) Reload

65) St. Anger (other than the first three tracks. Those are cool.)
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metallica Album   Favorite Metallica Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 10:49 pm

LOL Guess what album my son just put on......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metallica Album   Favorite Metallica Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 9:11 am

My favorite always switches between Ride the Lightning and And Justice for All.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metallica Album   Favorite Metallica Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 2:41 pm

Ride the Lightning
And Justice for All
Master of Puppets
Kill 'em All
Black Album
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metallica Album   Favorite Metallica Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 9:12 pm

Ride The Lightning of course! listening to music
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metallica Album   Favorite Metallica Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 10:12 am

Master of Puppets followed by Ride the Lightning and Kill em All.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metallica Album   Favorite Metallica Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 12:37 pm

Traditionally, Ride the Lightning has always been my fave, but recently, Garage, Inc. gets a lot of airtime around here.
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metallica Album   Favorite Metallica Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 5:06 pm

Parksey wrote:
Ride The Lightning, without a doubt. Too many songs on it I love... Basically the entire album.

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metallica Album   Favorite Metallica Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 5:30 pm

Master Of Puppets hands down. Runner up (I'm probably in the minority here) is The Black Album. I wouldn't have become the well rounded metal head I am today if not for this album. This is the one that changed my life forever and even though I can understand why long-time Metallical fans never really liked this one I personally do not see how people can say it was not the same band that wrote ...And Justice For All.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Metallica Album   Favorite Metallica Album - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Metallica Album
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2