Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ultimatum is changing my friends' views of Christian music

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Ultimatum is changing my friends' views of Christian music Empty
PostSubject: Ultimatum is changing my friends' views of Christian music   Ultimatum is changing my friends' views of Christian music Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 11:52 pm

Until I first head Ultimatum tunes on their myspace page, I had this stereotpye of Christian music as very poppy, very sappy, and just overly safe. So did my friends. Actually, none of us even thought there could be Christian thrash, let alone death metal (I still find that hard to believe).

Anyway, when I first heard Ultimatum, I couldn't believe my ears. "This is Christian metal? This rules!" I decided to make it my task to show this music to all of my metalhead/rocker friends.

Here's how it went: I would say "tell me what you think of this", and play about a minute of "Death Wish". They all said "dude, that's killer. Who is that?" And I'd say, "that's Ultimatum. They're CHRISTIAN THRASH!" Their jaws dropped. It was the best when I did it to my friend Joel, who's a death metal freak and laughed at me when I first told (before I had listened to it) about Christian thrash. He loved it so much he asked me if I could burn him a cd of it.

Even though, after setting money aside for Megadeth and Iron Maiden tickets, I have 60 dollars left, I will be ordering Into The Pit in the next few days.

Ultimatum, you guys are making an impact in my area. Rock on!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum is changing my friends' views of Christian music   Ultimatum is changing my friends' views of Christian music Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 12:08 am

I love Ultimatum likewise, and like you, I love sharing toons with my friends. They all dont like it though, I guess not trendy or fashionable enough for them Very Happy. I wish there were people like you guys on HOM that can appreciate good music living in my town.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum is changing my friends' views of Christian music   Ultimatum is changing my friends' views of Christian music Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 7:11 am

Quote :
He loved it so much he asked me if I could burn him a cd of it.
I'm sure the guys will agree that getting the message out is important, but in order to be able to continue doing that, the band needs financial support as well. Mention to your buds to try to set aside a few bucks and order the original, if possible. You can usually find Ultimatums cds below the typical market prices, as well.
Oh, and their t-shirts are KILLER too!!!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum is changing my friends' views of Christian music   Ultimatum is changing my friends' views of Christian music Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 8:09 am

Thanks get_the_firehouse. Appreciate the support and am certainly glad you guys are digging the CD.

Yup. you can pick up the CD pretty cheap on Amazon, TheEndRecords.com, CDBaby.com, Nightmare Records, etc.

ult

PostSubject: Re: Ultimatum is changing my friends' views of Christian music   Ultimatum is changing my friends' views of Christian music Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ultimatum is changing my friends' views of Christian music
Page 1 of 1