Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack

Go down 
+8
scottmitchell74
journeyman
Metal Misfit
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
HarmonicSqueal
mc666
Tall Tyrion
12 posters
AuthorMessage

Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack Empty
PostSubject: Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack   Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 5:09 pm

i bought this book after seeing the show about it on FUSE. Absolutely amazing book and had to get this CD. I'm not a huge CRUE fan although I love the first 2 albums. This CD is amazing from beginning to end. I think anybody who has ever struggled with any drug addiction can appreciate his words in the book and on the album. Drugs don't discriminate. They don't care how rich, poor, young, old, fat, skinny, short or tall you are. They don't care what color you are, they will grab you.

Anyway, the music is amazing. The heartfelt lyrics are like none I've ever heard. We need more albums with feelings like this.

And eyesore, I don't care if there is already a thread about it on the 15th page.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack   Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 5:12 pm

butt dance

Last edited by Eyesore on Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack   Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 5:16 pm

Nobody's heard this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack   Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 6:19 pm

Yea I have it too, it's a very moving soundtrack, I don't know about the whole addiction struggle as it hasn't effected me thank god, but I found it comforting in the since of loosing someone close to you. silly maybe but that's what I felt. don't mean it in the sence of the lyrics just the musical output
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack   Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 1:55 am

It's good, but it hasn't really grabbed me much. I'll agree that the portrayal of drug addiction is very brutal and realistic. All props to Nikki for doing this.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack   Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 2:10 am

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
Drugs don't discriminate. They don't care what color you are, they will grab you.
if you were ever weak enough to fall into them.

Last edited by mc666 on Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/mc666
HarmonicSqueal
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack   Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 2:22 am

I really dig this CD. Musically it's pretty tight and the lyrics bite to the bone. Just so happens my niece is going through a period of addiction so the lyrics have really touched me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/harmonicsqueal
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack   Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 10:10 am

I bought the book when it was first released. Good read. I got the soundtrack for Christmas. Pretty good stuff. It's a cool companion piece to the book, but a fine listen on it's own.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack   Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 10:16 am

Don't care much for the CD and that single they keep force feeding everyone on the radio is annoying IMO. The only time I listen to the radio is at the gym, and yet I hear that stinkin' song every day.

Just open your eyes, just open yours, and see that life is beautiful.
...would you swear on your life, that no one would cry, at my funeral...

BLECH!

Would like to read the book though. I enjoy those types of biographies. I've read many of them. My favorite would be "White Line Fever" about the life of Lemmy.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack   Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 4:17 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Don't care much for the CD and that single they keep force feeding everyone on the radio is annoying IMO. The only time I listen to the radio is at the gym, and yet I hear that stinkin' song every day.

BLECH!

Would like to read the book though. I enjoy those types of biographies. I've read many of them. My favorite would be "White Line Fever" about the life of Lemmy.
lol! The song you hate is my favorite from the album. It's a very modern rock radio song, but I like it and I'm happy the album has been a commercial success. James Michael has a great voice and did an awesome job on 'Life Is Beautiful'. I just looked him up online... I didn't realize he had a hand in co-writing a bunch of songs for Scorpions' Humanity Hour I album. cool

The album as a whole is kinda disjointed for me, it's decent, but didn't make my 'Best Of' list. There's a few good tracks on it though.

The book is pretty good, it's not as engrossing as an actual (auto)biography because of the format, but it is still a very interesting look into Nikki's mind in those days. I do wonder how much of it actually was written during that time though and what was added as filler (if anything was added at all) to make it a book.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack   Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 11:11 pm

I have the soundtrack and think it is very good. I am impressed. It is modern sounding and I like it. What really gets my attention is the amount of emotion that is captured on this disk. The songs pull you into the story.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack   Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 11:18 pm

I had it and I recognized the songs as good, but they didn't grab me.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack   Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 8:13 am

ultmetal wrote:

BLECH!

And wouldn't you know, as I am working out at the gym yesterday, this song comes on again! Made me think of this thread.

I don't know that the song completely sucks, so much as I am sick of hearing it. The song comes off as a bit whiney to me. Between this and the AC/DC wannabe band, Airbourne, Clear Channel Communications keeps pushing, I am not sure which I am more sick of.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack   Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 8:19 am

Why would Airbourne want to be AC/DC? That would mean they'd only release a CD every 6 or 7 years or so.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack   Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 9:20 pm

i have high respect for nikkie sixx but this cd did nothing for me
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack   Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 11:33 pm

Come on guys can't you see right through this whole fume huffing book/project/soundtrack by that pretender Nikki Sixx.

Theres nothing sincere about it, it's just another way for Nikki to prove how "bad ass" and "rock n' roll" he is/was. A total boast smokescreened by a supposedly sincere "Stay of the dope kids" kind of message.

All my thoughts were confirmed about this Nikki Sixx character when i read this little passage in his book. Nikki Sixx to Lemmy, "Why isn't my face on the front of t-shirts like Johnny Thunders?"
That comment shows right their that he is interested in infamy (through drug abuse) more than anything else.

You don't get it Nikki, rock n' roll isn't about copping a hairstyle, acquiring a smack problem, acting like a d*ck etc.

As for the soundtrack, if i wan't to hear an album about someone in the throes of heroin addiction than give me Lou Reed's Berlin anyday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack   Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 12:32 am

I couldn't give a crap about the book, but this CD is excellent. For what it is, the songs are excellent.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack   Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 1:35 pm

I've only heard the Life Is Beautiful song. I like the song but it is getting overplayed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack   Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sixx A.M - The heroin Diaries soundtrack
Page 1 of 1