Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

new SIXX: A.M.

Go down 
+14
glassprison
Glower
Thrasher73
holydiver97595
manny
Eyesore
Metal Misfit
ultmetal
JBall_Z
krokus
metalinmyveins
A Handful of Wayne
MetalGuy71
Getizzyback
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

new SIXX: A.M. Empty
PostSubject: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 5:50 pm

The new song "Lies of the Beautiful People" is now on youtube, I like it, looking forward to the album in April.

(here's a link, sorry the flash 425,350 add on don't work for me)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0-mMCFtY4Q
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 11:39 am

Not bad.

My brother bought me the debut album which I like ok. Modern rock radio. I don't know if I would have got it myself, but as a gift it's cool. This sounds like more of the same. Depending on your opinion of modern rock radio, this could be a good thing or a bad thing.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 1:47 pm

Sounds pretty good. A little happier sounding, I hope its good like the first album. I didn't want to like this band but when I bought the album just for the hell of it I really enjoyed it. I hate Motley Crue so I was surprised to like this band.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 2:23 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Sounds pretty good. A little happier sounding, I hope its good like the first album. I didn't want to like this band but when I bought the album just for the hell of it I really enjoyed it. I hate Motley Crue so I was surprised to like this band.

Did you read Nikki's book "The Heroin Diaries"? The first album was supposed to be like a soundtrack to the book, which would explain it's dark nature.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 2:55 pm

Nah I didn't read it. I've heard his stories numerous times. I still got Dave Mustain, and Steven Adlers books to read haha.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 3:05 pm

Good song...I was surprised that I liked it as much as I did.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 5:23 pm

I listen to the song and its not metal or even hard rock. Its just alternative rock/pop. Didnt like it at all. Shame because i like this guy (and i love his book, and the dirt too) but SIXX:A.M dont play the music i like.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 1:42 pm

Great song. Looking forward to the new CD. I will definitely buy it.

Also, I really like the first CD and the book was awesome with a very positive message in the end. I think that's one of the things that attracts me to Sixx A.M.'s music. It's dark, but the message is sincere and ultimately very positive.
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 2:28 pm

I hate Motley Crue so I was surprised to like this band.

new SIXX: A.M. 627712

Sad

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 2:32 pm

Heard a song on the radio. Man, I just don't like this band.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 1:46 pm

They aren't great but I still like them and I'm looking forward to this album. James Michael is killer live.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 7:32 pm

Getizzyback wrote:

Sad

lol! Come on Motley Crue is garbage.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 12:21 am

Getizzyback wrote:

Sad

lol! Come on Motley Crue is garbage.

ha ha, if that was true, I sure have a ton of hefty bags!

I have been playing This is Gonna Hurt pretty regular, I think it's better than the Heroin Diaries. Title track is catchy, and "Sure Feels Right" is just flat out a perfect song!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 12:44 am

What I find interesting is how many metal/rock fans will give these kinds of albums a chance because of who's in the band. This album and the debut are no different—and not nearly as good—as countless other 90s nu-metal/alt-rock albums that so many of the same metal/rock fans slag off.

But hey, it's Nikki Sixx. Pffft!

What this says is that most music fans miss out on tons of great bands due to their own close-mindedness. Not saying that's a bad thing of course. It's natural to be close-minded a bit. If you're an elitist then you suck, but otherwise it's normal.

I just find it interesting that Nikki Sixx can do this kind of band and be praised by many, and that if he weren't in the band many of those same people would trash it, if they were even open enough to gave it a moment's listen.

Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 1:14 pm

Sixx A.M. really doesn't sound 90s ish to me, yea there is a little alternative vibe, mainly because of the production. Michael's voice is way above anybody in the 90s could offer.

As for being Nikki Sixx, yea I'm a fan but the first time I heard this band, I didn't know their name or who was in it.

Hey Eyesore, if you have only listened to this CD a few times, and don't like it, that's fine, but it's tough to judge something just on a few times. This is just a good vibe band that pretty much started out as a jam session.

If I had time to listen to every band out there I might like, I wouldn't mind doing it, but hey, it's pretty hard to, especially when the only rock station I have wants to play Zeppelin, Floyd, AC/DC, and ZZ Top all day. All the other junk stations play kuntry.....
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 4:22 pm

Getizzyback wrote:
Sixx A.M. really doesn't sound 90s ish to me, yea there is a little alternative vibe, mainly because of the production. Michael's voice is way above anybody in the 90s could offer.

As for being Nikki Sixx, yea I'm a fan but the first time I heard this band, I didn't know their name or who was in it.

Hey Eyesore, if you have only listened to this CD a few times, and don't like it, that's fine, but it's tough to judge something just on a few times. This is just a good vibe band that pretty much started out as a jam session.

If I had time to listen to every band out there I might like, I wouldn't mind doing it, but hey, it's pretty hard to, especially when the only rock station I have wants to play Zeppelin, Floyd, AC/DC, and ZZ Top all day. All the other junk stations play kuntry.....
See, but this response tells me you typically don't listen to this kind of music. Plenty of 90s bands blow these guys away, in all departments. Of course, that's my opinion, but I still think people are more accepting of things they generally won't give a chance to if there's someone "famous" or whatever in the band.

And don't get me wrong, I dig Sixx AM.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 10:19 pm

Great album but much more commercial than the debut. Not much filler at all but "This Is Gonna Hurt" is my favorite song.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 9:27 am

Quote :
See, but this response tells me you typically don't listen to this kind of music. Plenty of 90s bands blow these guys away, in all departments. Of course, that's my opinion, but I still think people are more accepting of things they generally won't give a chance to if there's someone "famous" or whatever in the band.

That's me. Although I'm going one step further and I'm not giving this new one a chance. Seeing how I wasn't blown away by the debut, unless I get it as a gift from my brother again, I'm gonna pass.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 10:29 am

I liked SIXX:A.M. but I agree with eyesore it is not really that much different then other bands currently on modern rock radio, and usually I do not like modern rock bands but I do like this band, but if Nikki Sixx was not in it, I am sure I would not given it much of chance.

I have had the 'Herion Diaries' for almost two years and I still have not read it, will one of these centuries.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 10:48 am

I'm just the opposite. I gave this band a chance, because of Sixx, but still didn't care much for them. Same thing with Velvet Revolver. I dig GnR, but I don't care all that much for VR, mostly because I don't like the vocals. Just doesn't do much for me and there is so much other great music out there I'd rather be listening to.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 5:42 pm

I hate the term "MODERN".

How does something from the 90's still sound "modern"?

Seems like rock goes 2 ways, heads or tails, I just think everything needs
to be looked at individually, stop the tagging please!

Seems like in Sixx AM's case, it's people around here don't like them because of Nikki Sixx.

In Eyesore's post, his statement needs to be taken "both" ways.
(You shouldn't like them just because it's Sixx's group and they sound like
an average "90's" band)

(Then go ahead, don't put them down because of Nikki's presence, give it
a listen and judge it like you would any other music regardless who they
may sound like.)
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 5:59 pm

Not sure I'm following what you're saying.

As for the term "modern," modern rock is something people use to describe bands like 3 Door Down and Sixx AM. It's not meant to be taken literally. And yes, all these genre terms may be annoying, but they're there and aren't going anywhere.

Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 2:53 pm

Simple, either you like something or you don't.

(regardless of who the creater is and what it's "tag" is)

Whatever happened to the term "Rock N' Roll"?
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 6:06 pm

I just started listening to Sixx:AM, and I've got to say, I'm impressed. They've got a really good sound. I was kind of avoiding 'em at first because they seemed to be overly mainstream, and their ads were up right next to things like the Black Veil Brides. Anyway, now that I checked them out, I like them. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 2:59 pm

Getizzyback wrote:
Simple, either you like something or you don't.

(regardless of who the creater is and what it's "tag" is)

Whatever happened to the term "Rock N' Roll"?
I agree with that, but that's not how most people think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new SIXX: A.M.   new SIXX: A.M. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new SIXX: A.M.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next