Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fastway - My first experience!

Go down 
+10
metalinmyveins
exact33
Gilbert
Glower
thejokeriv
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
James B.
scottmitchell74
14 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Fastway - My first experience! Empty
PostSubject: Fastway - My first experience!   Fastway - My first experience! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 6:34 pm

I picked up a Fastway vinyl album as part of a Lot on ebay. I thought "what the heck?"

I was listening to it while lifting in the garage and WOW!! It's so good!

How did this band not "make it"? That S/T that I was listening to came out in 1983. It stands up well, I think, to any of the stuff then.

They reminded me quite a bit of Led Zeppelin but with 80's sensibilities.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - My first experience!   Fastway - My first experience! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 8:57 pm

When I first heard of this band and who was in it, well I was wondering what happened to Eddie with Motorhead and Pete Way with Waysted. I still listen to the lp alot, as well as "All Fired Up" I have only seen them in concert a few times, all the shows were the same tour. A triple bill with Saxon and Maiden in 83'
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - My first experience!   Fastway - My first experience! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 2:41 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I picked up a Fastway vinyl album as part of a Lot on ebay. I thought "what the heck?"

I was listening to it while lifting in the garage and WOW!! It's so good!

How did this band not "make it"? That S/T that I was listening to came out in 1983. It stands up well, I think, to any of the stuff then.

They reminded me quite a bit of Led Zeppelin but with 80's sensibilities.

It took you this long? DAMN! Fastway's one of my favorite bands. They were great in concert as well. Unfortunately, I dont think there was enough of a market for them at the time, plus style changes killed them. If you like that first album Scott, it would pay to buy the BGO double album with the S/T and All Fired Up Remastered on the same disc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - My first experience!   Fastway - My first experience! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 3:03 pm

My first experience went the fast way too. I don't think I even had my pants all the way down and she was very unhappy with me.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - My first experience!   Fastway - My first experience! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 3:30 pm

Actually, that first Fastway album did quite well and even had a hit single in "Say What You Will". As a matter of fact, the local Clear Channel rock station still plays that song regularly. The problem was they didn't follow it up with an equally strong album and even started going more into the pop metal sound on follow-up releases. That's why they didn't "make it".

I think had Pete Way stuck around it might have been a bigger hit as well. Fast (Fast Eddie Clarke) Way (Pete Way) was the original idea. Unfortunately Pete left to do the Ozzy thing, which ended up being short lived. He would have done better to stay with Fastway.

DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - My first experience!   Fastway - My first experience! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 3:36 pm

I think Dave King ducking out hurt them pretty bad too.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - My first experience!   Fastway - My first experience! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 4:45 pm

DeathCult wrote:
I think Dave King ducking out hurt them pretty bad too.

Yup, it hurt the band and him. His Katmandu album is really good and has a similar vibe to the first Fastway. Too band no one has ever heard Katmandu.

DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - My first experience!   Fastway - My first experience! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 5:07 pm

I've heard it, it's very good. But I definately prefer Fastway. As for his work with Flogging Molly, not my style.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - My first experience!   Fastway - My first experience! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 6:16 pm

DC - I'd never even heard of them!! I guess strange regional or local radio nuances kept them from me....
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - My first experience!   Fastway - My first experience! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 9:41 pm

Great album! Say what you will is a GREAT song!
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3178

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - My first experience!   Fastway - My first experience! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 8:56 am

My favorite album is “ Waiting For The Roar “.
There’s some songs on that one that truly rock.
Saw them in concert that year.
But also the Trick or Treat release. 1987. Fun tunes.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - My first experience!   Fastway - My first experience! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 10:55 am

Man, i cannot believe i still own nothing by this band. Need to add them to my want list.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - My first experience!   Fastway - My first experience! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 12:57 pm

I have a couple albums but have not listened to them in ages. Good thing these threads keep poppng up!

metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - My first experience!   Fastway - My first experience! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 1:07 pm

Funny this thread popped up. I just received "Waiting For the Roar" on BGO records (Re-mastered) yesterday. It's probably the last Fastway record I will seek out. I have their first 3 albums, plus the Trick or Treat, which is enough for me.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - My first experience!   Fastway - My first experience! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 1:19 pm

I only know that one song, Say What You Will. Never felt like exploring them more.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - My first experience!   Fastway - My first experience! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 2:30 pm

I only have Fastway's debut and the "Trick or Treat" soundtrack but they're both solid. I spin the debut fairly often.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - My first experience!   Fastway - My first experience! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 2:41 pm

I need to get Waiting For The Roar. I had it on cassette years ago but got rid of it somewhere down the line.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - My first experience!   Fastway - My first experience! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2021 4:28 pm

I have the Tick or Treat soundtrack and the first two albums together on a double CD. Fast Eddie was a great guitarist and riff master.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - My first experience!   Fastway - My first experience! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fastway - My first experience!
Page 1 of 1