Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue

Go down 
+9
Glower
James B.
chewie
nevermore
exact33
Dark Horseman
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
13 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue Empty
PostSubject: Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue   Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:11 am

I'll stick with my original copy, but this might be of interest to some folks here who missed out on this classic album the first time 'round ...

Quote :
FASTWAY WAS originally formed by Fast Eddie and former UFO bassist Pete Way. Men out on the hunt looking to start a new and improved musical unit that would fuse traditional British hard rock (think Zeppelin, Humble Pie, the Who) with the energy and enthusiasm of the NWOBHM. Sadly Pete Way’s tenure was short-lived leaving Fast Eddie to write and record the album with a session bassist, drummer Jerry Shirley (from Humble Pie) and - then unknown - Irish vocalist David King.

Issued in 1983 and produced by veteran studio wizard Eddie Kramer (Zeppelin, Hendrix, Kiss) ‘Fastway’ cut an impressive form in a world obsessed with glam rock and thrash metal. Embracing traditional values and emitting a sense of rough-hewn charm, Fastway’s music was big on riffs with clever use of melody and songs that packed a punch. In America the record found an enthusiastic home, helping to propel it into the Billboard top 30 charts attaining gold status. Features the singles ‘Say What You Will’, together with ‘Easy Livin’, and ‘All I Need Is Your Love’.

24-bit remastering from original source tapes, 7 bonus tracks, 3,500 word essay about the making of the album, new interviews with Fast Eddie Clarke, enhanced artwork and previously unseen photos spread out over a 16 page full colour booklet.

TRACK LISTING:
1. EASY LIVIN’
2. FEEL ME, TOUCH ME (DO ANYTHING YOU WANT)
3. ALL I NEED IS YOUR LOVE
4. ANOTHER DAY
5. HEFT!
6. WE BECOME ONE
7. GIVE IT ALL YOU GOT
8. SAY WHAT YOU WILL
9. YOU GOT ME RUNNIN’
10. GIVE IT SOME ACTION
BONUS TRACKS:
11. CRAZY DREAM
12. BACK IN THE GAME
13. FAR FAR FROM HOME
BBC SESSION:
14. WE BECOME ONE
15. EASY LIVIN’
16. GIVE IT ALL YOU GOT
17. YOU GOT ME RUNNIN’

Rock Candy Records is handling the re-issue. I've never gotten anything from there, but they seem to put a decent amount of care & effort into their re-issues.

http://www.rockcandyrecords.co.uk/

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue   Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:19 am

One of my favorites and Rock Candy does a good job with remasters/reissues. I will pick this one up.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue   Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:32 am

Looks interesting (although the only thing catching my eye are 2 of the bonus tracks-Crazy Dream and Back In The Game) but I'm really hoping for a re-issue of All Fired Up. It's sorely missing from my collection.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue   Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:35 am

Really good album and cool that others will get a chance to experience it for the first time. I'll stick with the LP.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue   Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 11:40 am

007 wrote:
Looks interesting (although the only thing catching my eye are 2 of the bonus tracks-Crazy Dream and Back In The Game) but I'm really hoping for a re-issue of All Fired Up. It's sorely missing from my collection.

Agreed about All Fired Up. Although it was a big disappointment compared to the first album, it still has some great songs on it.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue   Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 12:45 pm

For my money it's their best album but i'm happy with my copy.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue   Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 7:07 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
007 wrote:

Agreed about All Fired Up. Although it was a big disappointment compared to the first album, it still has some great songs on it.

I agree. The debut just rocks!!

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue   Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:45 pm

I'll stick with my copy. But if All Fired Up gets re-issued I'll snag a copy of that.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue   Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 12:39 am

I might get that!!!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue   Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 7:58 am

one of the better debut's around

saw em thay same year as opener for Maiden w/ Saxon in the middle slot. Kick @$$ show by everyone !

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue   Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 9:49 pm

So I got this today and it's quite nice. A note about the bonus tracks - the track "Far Far From Home" was on the original cd pressing as well as the cassette. It is not on the LP but some versions of the LP did come with a bonus 7" that had that song on it. The other two bonus tracks, "Crazy Dream" and "Back In The Game" were originally released on the UK single of "We Become One" and are both nice and heavy. They definitely could have made the album and are worth tracking down. Check 'em out:

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3175

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue   Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:59 am

This is catching my eye !
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue   Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 12:12 pm

I still own nothing by this band.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue   Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 5:17 pm

I have the 2-cd remastered version of the first 2 albums. I’m interested in that last one Fast Eddie did before he died. Is it called Dog Eat Dog?
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue   Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 8:20 pm

Quote :
I have the 2-cd remastered version of the first 2 albums. I’m interested in that last one Fast Eddie did before he died. Is it called Dog Eat Dog?

I have the same cd plus the original release of the vinyl .. I also have the Dog eat Dog cd. Its pretty good but is a whole different sound from the first 2 albums.. a little more raw and of course modern sounding (no bright 80s reverb drenched sound here)

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue   Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 9:06 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
Quote :

I have the same cd plus the original release of the vinyl .. I also have the Dog eat Dog cd. Its pretty good but is a whole different sound from the first 2 albums.. a little more raw and of course modern sounding (no bright 80s reverb drenched sound here)

Doesn’t the Dog Eat Dog album have a different singer? Dave King was the original guy.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue   Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 9:33 pm

Quote :
Doesn’t the Dog Eat Dog album have a different singer? Dave King was the original guy.

Correct.. I have all their albums and on target, bad bad girls and eat dog eat all have different vocalist.. king went on to Flogging Molly..
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue   Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 10:13 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
Quote :

Correct.. I have all their albums and on target, bad bad girls and eat dog eat all have different vocalist.. king went on to Flogging Molly..

Yeah, I heard about Flogging Molly.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue   Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2021 12:24 am

Their albums are pretty cheap on Amazon. I will probably start with the first 2.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue   Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2021 3:40 pm

I have not listened to them in forever. I have their first two albums.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue   Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2021 3:51 pm

Like the King, I have the first two but do have not listened to them in forever
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue   Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2021 12:42 am

I ordered the following Fastway albums: s/t, All Fired Up and Trick Or Treat.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue   Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2021 6:48 am

Spinning Fastway right now, and loving those albums headbanger headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue   Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fastway - S/T debut Re-Issue
Page 1 of 1