Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Details of new Opeth studio album

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Details of new Opeth studio album Empty
PostSubject: Details of new Opeth studio album   Details of new Opeth studio album Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 1:41 pm

"Watershed" is the name of Opeth´s 9th studio observation. The album has just been mixed and mastered by Jens Bogren with M. Åkerfeldt. The album consist of 7 songs and the titles are as follows:

1. Coil
2. Heir Apparent
3. The Lotus Eater
4. Burden
5. Porcelain Heart
6. Hessian Peel
7. Hex Omega

All the songs have been written by M. Åkerfeldt apart from "Porcelain Heart" which was co-written with Fredrik Åkesson. One additonal track, "Derelict Herds" has also been recorded and this was written by Mikael Åkerfeldt and Per Wiberg. On top of this, 3 cover songs has been recorded. "Bridge of sighs" from Robin Trower´s 1974 Lp with the same title, "Den ständiga resan" (sung in Swedish) by Marie Fredriksson as well as the classic Alice in Chains song, "Would?".

The album was recorded at Fascination street studios during November 1 and December 13. Some addtional recordings were done between January 3rd and 7th. Produced by Jens Bogren and Mikael Åkerfeldt and Opeth.

Says Mikael Åkerfeldt: "I´ve worked so hard with these songs for quite some time now, I´ve listened to 'em a zillion times. I don't hate them just yet! The album sounds great sonically and I think I can hear us evolving as the record plays on. It is taking us somewhere musically and I don't know where. It's very exciting to say the least! I can't remember having enjoyed a recording this much ever before."

The cover was (as usual) designed by Travis Smith in co-operation with Åkerfeldt. Release date is yet to be confirmed but Roadrunner worldwide will have it out sometime in the Springtime of this year.

i took this from opeth.com and i thought y'all might be interested. i know i am very excited
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: Details of new Opeth studio album   Details of new Opeth studio album Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 2:26 pm

Another must have disc!!! Looking forward to some new Opeth!!!
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Details of new Opeth studio album   Details of new Opeth studio album Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 8:22 pm

Bridge of Sighs is such a classic song. I would love to hear how Opeth plays it. I might just have to buy this one.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Details of new Opeth studio album   Details of new Opeth studio album Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 10:22 am

Can't wait to see if they surpass the kick a** Ghost Reveries. Even if it's half as good, it should still be a good album.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Details of new Opeth studio album   Details of new Opeth studio album Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 2:20 am

it should be good i think.

apparently all the songs are ten minutes long
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Details of new Opeth studio album   Details of new Opeth studio album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Details of new Opeth studio album
Page 1 of 1