Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details...

Go down 
+6
Eyesore
thejokeriv
GrandNational
Metal Misfit
MetalGuy71
MetalRob331
10 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details... Empty
PostSubject: Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details...   Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 12:41 pm

Some of you may know Mark is my favorite guitar player out there so making this thread is a no brainer for me. Mark is the guitar player for the bands Creed/Alter Bridge and the man is pure genius if you ask me. Combining metal techniques with some amazing songwriting is a hard combination to find.

This solo album see's Mark singing vocals on all tracks which I can't wait to hear....

Any fans?

Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details... Trem10

SOme working titles include...

"All I Was"
"Brains"
"So You're Afraid"
"You Waste Your Time"
"Decay"
"New Way Out"
"Leave It Alone"
"Wish You Well"
"Don't Claim"
"Proof"
"Gone"
"All That I Got"
"Giving Up"
"Doesn't Matter"

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details...   Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 1:13 pm

Wouldn't say I'm a fan, but that AB instrumental was better than I expected.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details...   Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 1:16 pm

Could be interesting...
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details...   Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 3:26 pm

He'll always have the stigma(no pun intended) of Creed no matter how good his solo work is.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details...   Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 5:03 pm

GrandNational wrote:
He'll always have the stigma(no pun intended) of Creed no matter how good his solo work is.

True - and he has some great guitar work in Creed. The issue with that band is Scott Strap-On
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details...   Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 7:33 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

True - and he has some great guitar work in Creed. The issue with that band is Scott Strap-On

Laughing very hard

As much as I love Tremonti, Im hoping the backing band can keep it all together.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details...   Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 10:11 pm

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=172887

Some new samples found here.... Tremonti sounds great and there is some old school metal riffs going on here....
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details...   Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 12:40 am

Heard some samples the other day, and I think he should keep the metal riffs out of the mix because they sound forced alongside the rest of the song. It's like he's adding them so he sounds metal, like he's looking for metal street cred.

Maybe I need to hear full tracks, but that's how the samples sounded to me. I think 3 Doors Down is a great example of a band playing this kind of music and seamlessly mixing in some metal riffs from time to time. The chorus riff for "Kryptonite," for example; the song "Believer" is another one.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details...   Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 12:52 am

Eyesore wrote:
Heard some samples the other day, and I think he should keep the metal riffs out of the mix because they sound forced alongside the rest of the song. It's like he's adding them so he sounds metal, like he's looking for metal street cred.

Maybe I need to hear full tracks, but that's how the samples sounded to me. I think 3 Doors Down is a great example of a band playing this kind of music and seamlessly mixing in some metal riffs from time to time. The chorus riff for "Kryptonite," for example; the song "Believer" is another one.

I dont think he's looking for cred.. Everyone knows where Mark's roots are and they are in bands like Metallica, Venom, Death Angel, Celtic Frost etc... He blends that style with mainstream rock hooks and you have Mark Tremonti. I think these songs are based around Metal Riffs and then when he sings they become cleaner.

A band like 3 Doors Down is strictly radio rock with the occasional riff here and there. Their tone is not nasty enough to be taken serious IMO. I like 3 Doors Down but they are nowhere on the level as a Mark Tremonti...

Early reviews for All I Was have been positive. A member of hardDrive gave a brief review of the album and called it "unreal. At a listening party for the album, which was held at an undisclosed location in April 2012, listeners reportedly gave Tremonti and his band a standing ovation after listening to the entire record.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details...   Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 1:03 am

Well, I wasn't trying to compare the bands, just making an observation. But if you ask me, there's very little difference between Creed, Alter Bridge and 3 Doors Down. All three bands are modern rock bands.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details...   Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 2:18 am

I think Mark is a great player. Creed was a good way for him to get his foot in the door and get a fanbase while making a ton of money. Now he can branch out and play more what he wants.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details...   Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 3:47 am

Troublezone wrote:
I think Mark is a great player. Creed was a good way for him to get his foot in the door and get a fanbase while making a ton of money. Now he can branch out and play more what he wants.

YES!! I fell in love with him the instant I heard IN AMERICA and Ode.. The mix between clean tone and that edgy tone was perfect.

Eye the reason metalheads or the masses tend to respect Alter Bridge more then those other bands is because its a lot more technical. The musicianship is top notch quality. Mark borders his playing around metal riffs and soloing. Its hard to find that in modern rock or hard rock bands...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details...   Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:25 am

Eyesore wrote:
Well, I wasn't trying to compare the bands, just making an observation. But if you ask me, there's very little difference between Creed, Alter Bridge and 3 Doors Down. All three bands are modern rock bands.

I like Creed and Alter Bridge, but never cared for 3 Doors Down
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details...   Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details... Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 5:31 pm

New Single and I LOVE IT of course!!!!!
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details...   Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details... Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 11:25 pm

Looking forward to it as well Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details...   Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details... Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 2:25 am

Live performance of You Waste your time... Pretty damn amazing if you ask me....

Mark actually exceeded what I was hoping he would sound like on vocals...

Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details...   Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 11:46 pm

New teaser.. WOW!! HEAVY with a little AIC vibe during verse...

Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details...   Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 5:27 pm

WOW!! Album of the year just from the teasers....
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details...   Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 4:50 am

Streamed a ton of these live and I must say this album is HEAVYYYYYYYYY!!!! WHOA...

Call me a fanboy if you want..
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details...   Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 3:37 pm

They will be playing here Oct 5, looks like I might have to go check them out!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details...   Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mark Tremonti SOLO ALBUM Details...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: