Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Phoenix Reign "Destination Unknown"

Go down 
+3
nevermore
Olafsto
kmorg
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Phoenix Reign "Destination Unknown" Empty
PostSubject: Phoenix Reign "Destination Unknown"   Phoenix Reign "Destination Unknown" Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 9:43 pm

Anyone else have this album? I love it. It is a great mix of kind of old 80's metal and modern power metal. It's and album I haven't stopped playing since I got it last week. I love Theresa's vocals. I have a thing for female vocalists in the first place but she has power that adds an extra "spice" to the music. There is a "Maiden-esque" tune on the album named Constaninople 1453 and the ability of the guitarists shines on that track. I like that they aren't a one trick pony in that they bring different elements into their sound to make them unique and a joy to listen to. Of course Wayne Noon their drummer is a member of this board, and he's a heckuva nice guy, but I am trying to be unbiased by recommending this fantastic album to you all. Pick it up!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Reign "Destination Unknown"   Phoenix Reign "Destination Unknown" Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 10:09 pm

Yep. Bought it when it came out. I reviewed their last demo, and while I didn't think it was amazing, I smelled a band with a lot of potential. It was just a bit underwhelming overall, but you know when you hear a band that just doesn't have "it" yet and a band that just didn't nail it down. They simply didn't nail it down on that demo.

Destination Unknown pretty much improved upon every issue I had with the demo, and then some. They nailed it down on this one.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Reign "Destination Unknown"   Phoenix Reign "Destination Unknown" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 10:38 am

Sounds like something for me

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Reign "Destination Unknown"   Phoenix Reign "Destination Unknown" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 2:53 pm

Got it a couple of days ago.
Haven`t listened through the whole cd yet (it`s in my car player).
What i have heard so far sounds great, maybe not to impressed with the production, but the songs and their style of metal are just GREAT!!!
Never heard of them until their drummer started posting here, and his avatar (album cover) made me check them out.
They had a nice offer on their homepage (cd + t-shirt), so as often times before i hit that buy button Smile .
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Reign "Destination Unknown"   Phoenix Reign "Destination Unknown" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 6:10 pm

This is a really good cd. I was pleasantly surprised. I recommend this to anyone who hasn't picked it up yet.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Reign "Destination Unknown"   Phoenix Reign "Destination Unknown" Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 7:02 pm

I really like their sound.Was listening to some clips on their myspace
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Reign "Destination Unknown"   Phoenix Reign "Destination Unknown" Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 3:32 pm

Im glad to hear everyone has liked it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Reign "Destination Unknown"   Phoenix Reign "Destination Unknown" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:37 pm

Wow this is old.... Anyone else ever pick the cd it up and still actually listening to it? haha

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Reign "Destination Unknown"   Phoenix Reign "Destination Unknown" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 7:55 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Wow this is old.... Anyone else ever pick the cd it up and still actually listening to it? haha

I still need to get a copy.....
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Reign "Destination Unknown"   Phoenix Reign "Destination Unknown" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 12:46 pm

I saw PR live once, and I liked what Theresa was wearing, but I couldn't remember how the band sounded like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Reign "Destination Unknown"   Phoenix Reign "Destination Unknown" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Phoenix Reign "Destination Unknown"
Page 1 of 1