Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Phoenix Reign song!

Go down 
+5
Eyesore
ZetaReticuli
James B.
thejokeriv
A Handful of Wayne
9 posters
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

New Phoenix Reign song!  Empty
PostSubject: New Phoenix Reign song!    New Phoenix Reign song!  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 11:26 pm

Figured I would share this with everyone.

This was done about a month ago. I kept meaning to post this on here but I couldn't find a site to upload it where you wouldn't have to download it until now. Theres a little player where you just hit play no downloading or anything.
Its just basically a demo recording. I did drums for another song but we haven't had a chance to work on it yet.

So heres the link and let me know what you think =o)

Song: Legend Of Alexander
http://www.4shared.com/audio/lW64Czsr/01-Alexander_-_with_drums.html

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Phoenix Reign song!    New Phoenix Reign song!  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 10:30 am

Sounds good to my ears!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12604

PostSubject: Re: New Phoenix Reign song!    New Phoenix Reign song!  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 10:36 am

thumbs up....really diggin the melody on the intro

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New Phoenix Reign song!    New Phoenix Reign song!  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 1:06 pm

cool. I was hoping to get another song done too but I guess it wasn't meant to be... yet haha. I'm itching to record another album.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: New Phoenix Reign song!    New Phoenix Reign song!  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 1:30 pm

What's with the pro-greek stuff going on in the band? lol

Cool, wayne!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Phoenix Reign song!    New Phoenix Reign song!  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 3:11 pm

Nice dude.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Phoenix Reign song!    New Phoenix Reign song!  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 3:36 pm

Dug and downloaded.

Now get famous so I can sell your demo. lol!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New Phoenix Reign song!    New Phoenix Reign song!  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 6:36 pm

HAHAHAHAHA! That was the plan back in high school but I pretty much just go with the flow now.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New Phoenix Reign song!    New Phoenix Reign song!  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 6:41 pm

Like James, I really dig the melody line in the intro but unfortunately, once the singing starts, I tune out. Nothing wrong with her voice but I've developed a mental block against female lead vocals.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: New Phoenix Reign song!    New Phoenix Reign song!  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 6:43 pm

Sounds good!
I`ll buy it, is there a date for a new album?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New Phoenix Reign song!    New Phoenix Reign song!  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 7:31 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Like James, I really dig the melody line in the intro but unfortunately, once the singing starts, I tune out. Nothing wrong with her voice but I've developed a mental block against female lead vocals.

I was on a female lead vocal thing for a while, but I'm with you on being burnt out on it. Nothing against my singer though.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New Phoenix Reign song!    New Phoenix Reign song!  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 7:34 pm

Olafsto wrote:
Sounds good!
I`ll buy it, is there a date for a new album?

We were lucky to get the first one out haha. I have no idea whats going on. We recorded this song for someone who wanted to hear more songs like Constantinople from our first album. We have a few others but this was our most recent one so we decided to record this one. Everyone's been busy the whole summer so there really hasn't been any band contact at all except for the day we recorded this song.

We had a show at the end of this month but we canceled it so you know as much as I do haha.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New Phoenix Reign song!    New Phoenix Reign song!  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 7:35 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I was on a female lead vocal thing for a while, but I'm with you on being burnt out on it. Nothing against my singer though.

I agree; her voice is fine. I'm just fried on that style of female vocals; the only kind I'm still open to are the more raw kind like in Sister Sin, Benedictum, Smashed Gladys and the like.

That said, I'd still buy your CD.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New Phoenix Reign song!    New Phoenix Reign song!  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 7:44 pm

tohostudios wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I agree; her voice is fine. I'm just fried on that style of female vocals; the only kind I'm still open to are the more raw kind like in Sister Sin, Benedictum, Smashed Gladys and the like.

You didn't have a choice Razz

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: New Phoenix Reign song!    New Phoenix Reign song!  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 8:13 pm

I thought the song was great except for the drumming! Razz

Oh yeah, I never got back to you, but I did like your first album!

New Phoenix Reign song!  25679
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Phoenix Reign song!    New Phoenix Reign song!  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 8:18 pm

I listened to "Another Night Alone" yesterday, actually. Another song from the album came on shuffle...and I changed it to that one. Haha. Still my favorite.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Phoenix Reign song!    New Phoenix Reign song!  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 8:19 pm

tohostudios wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Unruly Child? lol!
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: New Phoenix Reign song!    New Phoenix Reign song!  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 9:38 pm

Great song, I even hear some female background vocals. I see you adding a bit of progressive on this song beginning at minute 6, which makes it an interesting listen. I like how it starts of, but at minute 6 its when it becomes interesting.

As regarding the female singers, I like the BAND FROM ARGENTINA called " BOANERGES " in which I think her voice is similar from the singer from Phoenix Reign.

Also Brazilian bands SEVEN ANGELS and DARK MOOR have 2 albums that I like. I highly recommend these a listen, you can find them at youtube Wink, LOL
seven angels - the second floor
dark moor - The Gates Of Oblivion

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New Phoenix Reign song!    New Phoenix Reign song!  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 12:47 pm

Joe wrote:
I thought the song was great except for the drumming! Razz

Oh yeah, I never got back to you, but I did like your first album!

New Phoenix Reign song!  25679

Yea the drumming sucks haha.

Glad you liked it. I figured you just threw it away hahaha

PostSubject: Re: New Phoenix Reign song!    New Phoenix Reign song!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Phoenix Reign song!
Page 1 of 1