Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off?

Go down 
+2
Fat Freddy
777Stryken777
6 posters
AuthorMessage
777Stryken777
Metal novice
Metal novice
777Stryken777

Number of posts : 60

How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off? Empty
PostSubject: How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off?   How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 8:12 pm

I don't think this will ever happen -- but watching the Revenge tour show, I almost think it would be cool if Kiss took the makeup back off. Plus, adding more non-makeup era songs to the live set would be refreshing... it was cool, though, in 2004 to see them do Unholy while in makeup... that really helped tie the different eras of the band together for me.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off?   How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 10:46 pm

I think they might as well take it off... I was never crazy about the idea of them carrying on with Tommy and Eric "playing" Space Ace and Catman. But of course, that's what the ticket buyers wanna see.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
777Stryken777
Metal novice
Metal novice
777Stryken777

PostSubject: Re: How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off?   How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 11:13 pm

That's true... probably, to most of the public, Kiss without makeup is just the same as Ratt, Warrant, etc... Totally untrue, but I guess that's probably the public perception.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off?   How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 8:33 am

I would like to see them take it off as well. Frankly, I think they should have taken it off after the Farewell Tour, or at least after the Symphony thing. I saw the Rock the Nations tour and it was fun to watch. They played a lot of old tunes they hadn't played in a while, but it would have been just as good without the makeup.

I also live the 80's and early 90's stuff. I would love to hear them pull out some more stuff from Revenge and Carnival of Souls (the forgotten record.)

ult

PostSubject: Re: How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off?   How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 8:34 am

They were without the makeup longer than than originally had it on. I think that they should now try and relive their 80's years. C'mon give Vinnie his job back! Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off?   How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 9:35 am

ultmetal wrote:
Frankly, I think they should have taken it off after the Farewell Tour

I think that they should've actually said FAREWELL after the so-called "Farewell Tour!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off?   How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 10:17 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

I think that they should've actually said FAREWELL after the so-called "Farewell Tour!"

Nahhhh. I like the Symphony CD and enjoyed the Rock the Nations tour. The only thing they said Farewell to was the original line-up.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off?   How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 12:40 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Nahhhh. I like the Symphony CD and enjoyed the Rock the Nations tour. The only thing they said Farewell to was the original line-up.

That wasn't how they billed it, though. The "Farewell Tour" was SUPPOSED to be their last hurrah, done, over with, see ya.

Personally if I'd paid big $$ for a ticket to the "Farewell Tour" back then, thinking it would be my last chance ever to see KISS, I'd be a little P.O.'d at them for continuing to make the rounds with two impostors in the ranks.

Then again, I'm one of those guys who thought they should've retired after the Reunion Tour. They crushed everything on that tour, they made their pile of $$, they should've packed it in right then and there on a high note instead of trying to make another record. The PSYCHO CIRCUS disc was half baked at best.

But that's just me.

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off?   How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 12:54 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Personally if I'd paid big $$ for a ticket to the "Farewell Tour" back then, thinking it would be my last chance ever to see KISS, I'd be a little P.O.'d at them for continuing to make the rounds with two impostors in the ranks.

I saw them twice on the Farewell Tour. (Even have Ace's pick from both shows.) According to everything I had read, they were going to call it quits after that. The band just could not get along as they were. There are some comments about it in the new Kissology III DVD booklet. Paul basically says that they had every intention of calling it a day, but they realized soon after that they didn't want to end it. They just didn't want to continue on with the band as it was. I'm sure blame can be passed around, and still is but basically, they were not getting along with the original members and it had to end.

I paid to see the original KISS on their final tour and that is what I saw. I don't feel ripped off at all. I got what I paid for.

I also saw the Rock the Nations tour a few years later. Might not have been Ace and Peter, but the band sounded great. I'll admit, it does irk me to have someone other than Ace and Peter in that make-up. That's sort of why I just wish they would lose the makeup.

ult

PostSubject: Re: How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off?   How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 1:00 pm

ultmetal wrote:

I also saw the Rock the Nations tour a few years later. Might not have been Ace and Peter, but the band sounded great.
The "Rock The Nations" DVD is killer. I can imagine how good that actual show was. I'm not nuts about Singer and Thayer "portraying" characters, but they run circles around Criss and Frehley, IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off?   How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 1:37 pm

How about a new album? Otherwise I don't give a crap. Haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off?   How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 4:14 pm

Eyesore wrote:
How about a new album? Otherwise I don't give a crap. Haha.

It wouldn't happen 'cuz I don't know why fans don't want too...?

I want them to take it off. Some people think that Eric and Tommy are Peter and Ace... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off?   How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 6:45 pm

I think they should take it off.

A reunion tour for nostalgia's sake is fine, but after that take it off and keep it off.
Back to top Go down
777Stryken777
Metal novice
Metal novice
777Stryken777

PostSubject: Re: How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off?   How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2007 7:10 pm

Quote :

Not me. I was relieved when they decided not to call it a day.

I've loved the recent tours, too. In 2003, with Aerosmith, the only thing that made the show weak was Peter's drumming.

In 2004, the RTN tour was awesome! It was my first time seeing the band with Eric, and as I got into the band during the Revenge era, I've always thought of him as a true Kiss drummer -- not just a "scab." He's actually been in the band almost as long as Peter now.

I also saw the "Hit & Run" mini-tour this past summer, in Sault St. Marie, MI. They rocked as usual, and pulled out some songs that haven't been played in a while, like "Got To Choose," which was cool, and also played All American Man for the first time ever.

Long live Kiss!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off?   How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 9:29 am

777Stryken777 wrote:

In 2004, the RTN tour was awesome! It was my first time seeing the band with Eric, and as I got into the band during the Revenge era, I've always thought of him as a true Kiss drummer -- not just a "scab." He's actually been in the band almost as long as Peter now.

I've got no problem with Eric Singer and Tommy Thayer being in the band, but not in make-up. I know that it is Gene and Paul's decision not their own, but when Peter and Ace left the first time, the new band members got new characters with new makeup. To go back to the original Peter and Ace makeup is bogus, IMO.

That being said, I would probably go see them if I had the opportunity, so long as the tickets were not too expensive (fat chance I know). I don't hate them for doing it, I just think it's lame.
Back to top Go down
777Stryken777
Metal novice
Metal novice
777Stryken777

PostSubject: Re: How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off?   How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 1:49 pm

Hey, TT -- who is that in your avatar? It's giving me nightmares...

Razz
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off?   How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 1:51 pm

777Stryken777 wrote:
Hey, TT -- who is that in your avatar? It's giving me nightmares...

Razz

Looks like Phil Collen from the Photograph or rock of ages video - can't remeber which one, but watched both thousands of times in my youth
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off?   How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2008 3:05 pm

It's Rich's special present to me...... so many memories...... crazy happy

It is Phil Collen. Not sure which video either, but I think Photograph.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off?   How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 9:33 pm

I really think they should just leave it off, even if Peter and Ace sold them their make up designs. Or at least give them new characters like they did with Eric Carr and Vinnie Vincent
(although early on they had Vinnie in Ace's makeup, have a behind the scenes photo of that). The farewell tour was AWESOME, such a treat to see the original line up live. I liekd the Rock The Nation tour as well, it's not musical ability I have a problem with at all, they just don't belong in that make up. And that one tv performance were Tommy Thayer was wearing that wig was pretty ridiculous IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off?   How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 10:35 pm

DeathCult wrote:
I really think they should just leave it off, even if Peter and Ace sold them their make up designs. Or at least give them new characters like they did with Eric Carr and Vinnie Vincent
(although early on they had Vinnie in Ace's makeup, have a behind the scenes photo of that). The farewell tour was AWESOME, such a treat to see the original line up live. I liekd the Rock The Nation tour as well, it's not musical ability I have a problem with at all, they just don't belong in that make up. And that one tv performance were Tommy Thayer was wearing that wig was pretty ridiculous IMO.

COul you post that pic of Vinnie with Ace's make-up?
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off?   How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 11:05 pm

AceFrehley655 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

COul you post that pic of Vinnie with Ace's make-up?

Sure, just give me a day or two to pull it out of my collection.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off?   How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How would you feel about Kiss taking the makeup off?
Page 1 of 1