Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KISS non-makeup years...

Go down 
+15
Troublezone
metalinmyveins
Todd Jaymz
777Stryken777
Chairman_Smith
Metal Misfit
KissinMaiden
spiritoradio
Thrasher73
caniplaywithmadness?
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Shiney
ultmetal
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

KISS non-makeup years... Empty
PostSubject: KISS non-makeup years...   KISS non-makeup years... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 1:56 pm

What are some of your favorite tracks from the non-makeup years of KISS?

I'm in a minority in the "Asylum" is at the top of the list for those years. "King of the Mountain" and "Tears Are Falling" are two of the best KISS tracks ever IMO. Weakest album is "Crazy Nights". Most underrated (and apparently hated by most fans) Carnival of Souls.

Some other favorites:
Exciter
All Hell's Breaking Loose
Lick It Up
Thrills in the Night
Heavens On Fire
Any Way You Slice It
Who Wants to Be Lonely
Crazy, Crazy Nights
Little Ceasar
Rise to It
Hide Your Heart (although I like Ace's cover better)
Unholy
God Gave Rock and Roll to You
Domino
Hate Rain
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: KISS non-makeup years...   KISS non-makeup years... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 2:06 pm

All KISS is good.....even the crappy KISS....

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: KISS non-makeup years...   KISS non-makeup years... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 2:14 pm

All of REVENGE (except that god-awful cover of "God Gave Rock N Roll to You" and "Everytime I Look At You")

"On The 8th Day"

"Burn B*tch Burn"

All of CREATURES OF THE NIGHT

Most of ASYLUM
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: KISS non-makeup years...   KISS non-makeup years... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 2:55 pm

Creatures of the Night RULES!!! One of my all time favorites. It was the last album of the makeup era.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: KISS non-makeup years...   KISS non-makeup years... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 3:06 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Creatures of the Night RULES!!! One of my all time favorites. It was the last album of the makeup era.

Oh yea, duh. I forgot that this thread was about "non-makeup KISS" era for a minute there. My bad. Smile

Although that album was released with a non-makeup photo on the cover for a while during the 80s... so shouldn't that count??
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: KISS non-makeup years...   KISS non-makeup years... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 3:23 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Oh yea, duh. I forgot that this thread was about "non-makeup KISS" era for a minute there. My bad. :)

Although that album was released with a non-makeup photo on the cover for a while during the 80s... so shouldn't that count??

Yea, that's the cover I have. No make-up and Bruce Kulick, who wasn't even in the band yet.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: KISS non-makeup years...   KISS non-makeup years... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 3:26 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Oh yea, duh. I forgot that this thread was about "non-makeup KISS" era for a minute there. My bad. :)

Yea, that's the cover I have. No make-up and Bruce Kulick, who wasn't even in the band yet.

I have a sealed copy of that version on CD as well. Besides the incorrect cover, that version of the album was also remixed.
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: KISS non-makeup years...   KISS non-makeup years... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 3:49 pm

i don't mind the non-make up years. revenge is my favourite from the non-make up era because for me kiss is all about gene simmons and that one was much more gene driven then any of the hair metal ones
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: KISS non-makeup years...   KISS non-makeup years... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 4:21 pm

ultmetal wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I have a sealed copy of that version on CD as well. Besides the incorrect cover, that version of the album was also remixed.

I refused to buy the CREATURES album on CD till the "correct" cover was put back on it during the 1997 remaster campaign... I still have my old vinyl copy with the original cover too! 🤘

It always bugged me that when they slapped that no-makeup photo on there, that Bruce Kulick was in it... he had NOTHIN to do with that record, did they assume that people would think it was a new album??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KISS non-makeup years...   KISS non-makeup years... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 4:54 pm

I think "Unholy" is the greatest track KISS ever recorded. I absolutely love that song.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: KISS non-makeup years...   KISS non-makeup years... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 5:24 pm

I think I'm in the minority when it comes to the non-makeup years because I feel that's where they're at their best. They had a better drummer (either Eric is better than Peter Criss) and possibly a more technical guiter player in Bruce Kulick (although Ace rules).The albums were all excellent as well (compared to the makeup years,I always felt that Love Gun was a terrible album save for the title track and Shock Me).I was actually a bit bummed when the had the reunion tour (was glad to see them,but once I saw it I was ready for new material with Bruce and Eric)
My favorite tracks include :
Burn smurfette Burn
Unholy
Lick It Up
Good Girl Gone Bad
Rise To It
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: KISS non-makeup years...   KISS non-makeup years... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 6:04 pm

Animalize has always been my favorite non-makeup Kiss.Lick it Up would be a close second.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KISS non-makeup years...   KISS non-makeup years... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 6:18 pm

Considering Vinnie played on alot of it,they should have released a cover with him on it.Could have put him on there with the "Egyptian Warrior" make-up.I agree totally "Creatures Of The Night" does rule ! Excellent album ! Vinnie Cusano could never win a lawsuit against these guys because he couldn't afford those d--mned high price attorneys that KISS always got maybe ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KISS non-makeup years...   KISS non-makeup years... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 6:28 pm

I also really dig the song "Psycho Circus," I think it's killer (did they put the make-up back on for this one?). And I think The Elder is an underrated album (did they have no make-up then?). Not quite the turdfest many claim it to be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KISS non-makeup years...   KISS non-makeup years... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 8:00 pm

Crazy Night is the one that I really hate. It's gonna be the last I will buy for sure. The best?

God Gave Rock'N'Roll To You
Lick It Up
Unholy
Fits Like A Glove ( Good One)
Heaven's On Fire
Tears Are Falling
Uh! All Night
Crazy,Crazy Night
No,No,No sound good too
Forever
Little Caesar
Domino
Carr Jam ,81 (I know...I Know...)
I Just Wanna

All on MTV - Unplugged. (I know it's not Hard Rock...But it sound good!)

I said the one that I like not the best one. Forgot some...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: KISS non-makeup years...   KISS non-makeup years... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 8:28 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I refused to buy the CREATURES album on CD till the "correct" cover was put back on it during the 1997 remaster campaign... I still have my old vinyl copy with the original cover too! 🤘

It always bugged me that when they slapped that no-makeup photo on there, that Bruce Kulick was in it... he had NOTHIN to do with that record, did they assume that people would think it was a new album??

I have it on black vinyl and glow in the dark vinyl as well.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: KISS non-makeup years...   KISS non-makeup years... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 8:30 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I also really dig the song "Psycho Circus," I think it's killer (did they put the make-up back on for this one?). And I think The Elder is an underrated album (did they have no make-up then?). Not quite the turdfest many claim it to be.

I agree. I like Psycho Circus and The Elder. Both were makeup albums. On Psycho Circus, the title track, Into the Void and Raise Your Glasses are all great songs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KISS non-makeup years...   KISS non-makeup years... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 8:59 pm

Into The Void is a great song...! Ace Ruuulllzzzz...I'm waiting for KISSOLOGY VOL.2...!!!!! It's my mother who'll bring me to Wal Mart:metal: The store open at 9 AM... My mother will probably bring me there at 11 AM or after dinner.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: KISS non-makeup years...   KISS non-makeup years... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 1:24 am

Isn't Wal-Mart open 24hrs.? Anyway I'm a sucker for ballads so I like: Every Time I Look At You (this was my first dance at my wedding), and the Michael Bolton co-penned Forever.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: KISS non-makeup years...   KISS non-makeup years... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 1:32 am

I love everything except hot in the shade, can't like that album...
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: KISS non-makeup years...   KISS non-makeup years... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 12:29 pm

Now we're talkin'! The non-make up years are criminally underrated.

Top songs:

Lick It Up
A Million to One
Fits Like A Glove
I've Had Enough (Into the Fire)
Heaven's On Fire
Burn smurfette Burn
King of the Mountain
Who Wants to Be Lonely
Tears Are Falling
UH! All Night (My three favorite non-make up songs)
Crazy Crazy Nights
No, No, No
Reason to Live
Good Girl Gone Bad
Let's Put the X in Sex
(You Make Me) Rock Hard
Betrayed
Hide Your Heart
Forever
King of Hearts
Unholy
Take It Off
God Gave Rock 'N' Roll To You II
I Just Wanna
Rain
Master & Slave
I Will Be There
Jungle
I Walk Alone
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: KISS non-makeup years...   KISS non-makeup years... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 1:01 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:

Tears Are Falling
I Just Wanna

Can't believe I forgot those two ! Great tunes !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KISS non-makeup years...   KISS non-makeup years... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 1:37 pm

spiritoradio wrote:
Isn't Wal-Mart open 24hrs.? Anyway I'm a sucker for ballads so I like: Every Time I Look At You (this was my first dance at my wedding), and the Michael Bolton co-penned Forever.

I'm my city all store are opening at 9 AM. But I bought it...I'm a bit disapointed...In Canada it's always the Budokan DVD not the Largo...Sad
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: KISS non-makeup years...   KISS non-makeup years... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 3:26 am

ultmetal wrote:
What are some of your favorite tracks from the non-makeup years of KISS?

I'm in a minority in the "Asylum" is at the top of the list for those years. "King of the Mountain" and "Tears Are Falling" are two of the best KISS tracks ever IMO. Weakest album is "Crazy Nights". Most underrated (and apparently hated by most fans) Carnival of Souls.

Some other favorites:
Exciter
All Hell's Breaking Loose
Lick It Up
Thrills in the Night
Heavens On Fire
Any Way You Slice It
Who Wants to Be Lonely
Crazy, Crazy Nights
Little Ceasar
Rise to It
Hide Your Heart (although I like Ace's cover better)
Unholy
God Gave Rock and Roll to You
Domino
Hate Rain

I was surprised how much I loved Asylum when I got it.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: KISS non-makeup years...   KISS non-makeup years... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 3:28 am

ultmetal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I have it on black vinyl and glow in the dark vinyl as well.

If that disappears, I promise that I diden't drive all the way from Iowa, break in and steal it and then suddenly have a copy as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KISS non-makeup years...   KISS non-makeup years... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KISS non-makeup years...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next