Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2007 and your collection

Go down 
+12
DallasBlack
journeyman
exact33
Wargod
nevermore
SAHB Healer
krokus
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
TheGooch
ensiferum2k
sovdat
16 posters
AuthorMessage
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

2007 and your collection Empty
PostSubject: 2007 and your collection   2007 and your collection Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 4:58 am

So, another year is over and I'm doing the anual thread about your collecting successes Wink I believe that the questions were

1) How many new CDs did you add to your collection in 2007?
2) What were the biggest finds, the rarest stuff you got in 2007?
3) What were the best deals you got in 2007 (the most expensive stuff for few bucks)?

1) Around 300 new, but I've also traded / sold a bunch of them, so my collection grew for about 220-230 this year - not bad for a poor college kid Smile

2) All kinds of stuff, few gems:

I.N.C. - The Visitor on Giant - no boot!
LAST DESCENDANTS - One Nation Under God on Aaarrg
ANACRUSIS - Suffering Hour on Restless / Metal Blade
HOBBS' ANGEL OF DEATH vs RAZOR on Teichiku + OBI
PARALYSIS - Arctic Sleep on Defrosting
CYCLONE - Inferior to None - signed - on Justice

and many more!

3) Probably Cyclone for less than 15 eur (about $22), Dead Head - The Feast Begins at Dawn for 5 eur ($Cool or Deathblow - Meanless Propaganda, which I got in a trade with few other gems for some Sarcasm, Turbo, etc. CDs.

Yours?
Back to top Go down
ensiferum2k
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ensiferum2k

Number of posts : 340

PostSubject: Re: 2007 and your collection   2007 and your collection Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 5:54 am

I probably bought about 120-150 cds this year. That also happens to be about the average I've been getting for the past 3 years. However, I've probably spent more money this year than ever though and that's because this is the first year where I've been hunting for rarities.(ty sov for fueling my addiction, bastard)

I have too many rarities to list so i'll just name off my favorites of the year

Anacrusis - Suffering Hour(39 dollars. woot!)
Cyclone - Inferior To None(2 copies..if my 2nd one ever comes in the mail)
Cyclone - Brutal Destruction(axe killer version)
Pariah - Unity(I like it...but I'm selling it on ebay right now cause I need $ bad)
Artillery - By Inheritance( Almost perfection)
Intruder - Psycho Savant
Bulldozer - Regenerated In The Grave(worth every penny)
Crimson Glory - First 2 cds...not too rare, but they're incredible albums
Deathrow - Deception Ignored(worth the 60 bucks I paid for!)
Ferat - Rainhold
Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction(to replace my bootleg)
Satan - Court in the act(to replace my bootleg again, Smurf those damn greeks!)
Fear of God - Within The Veil(Better than I expected)
Risk - I bought 4 original risk albums and theyre all good. Reborn is definitely my favorite tho
Sabbat - Dreamweaver(org)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2007 and your collection   2007 and your collection Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 3:17 pm

I'm over 1,000 CDs on the year (this has not been a normal year). Haha. I'm not done yet, though, so I'll add to this on Monday.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: 2007 and your collection   2007 and your collection Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 3:19 pm

i think i got around fifty this year

cynic was my best find and seventh star
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: 2007 and your collection   2007 and your collection Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 3:23 pm

I have no idea how many I got in total, but I know it was a slow year cuz my CD purchasing all but stopped after my son was born in July and I needed the $$ for such unimportant frills as diapers and baby formula. Darn kid. Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: 2007 and your collection   2007 and your collection Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 3:24 pm

I'll list my most thrilling scores:

Badlands - S/T - $4.00!!!

Believer - Dimensions - $4.30!!

Halo - S/T
- $2.17!!!

Mastedon - Lofcaudio
- $2.17

Tyketto - Don't Come Easy - $2.15!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (it wasn't released in 07, of course. but this may be my favorite pick up this year)

Guardian - First Watch - $2.16!!

The Crucified - Pillars Of Humanity - $4.30!!!!!

Veni Domine - Fall Babylon, Fall - $.53!!!!!!

Angelica - Waling In Faith - $.53!!!

Lots of other great stuff but those were my sweet deals of 2007!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: 2007 and your collection   2007 and your collection Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 3:26 pm

thats pretty sweet
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: 2007 and your collection   2007 and your collection Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 4:04 pm

I dont know exacly how many cd´s i bought this year but for shore more then 450(around 70 new releases incluided). Also some lps and tapes.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: 2007 and your collection   2007 and your collection Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 6:38 pm

I tried to get caught back up on some of the more recent stuff, at least to get my finger back on the pulse of some of the better European stuff post 2005. I had spent the last couple of years trying to get EVERYTHING from the early hard rock era, which sadly for my wallet I pretty much did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2007 and your collection   2007 and your collection Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 7:31 pm

I bought over 200 releases from 2007. Haha. I wish I knew how much money I spent on music in total.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: 2007 and your collection   2007 and your collection Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 7:53 pm

I don't know exactly how much I've picked up this year. I'd like to think most everything I've got has been well worth it.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: 2007 and your collection   2007 and your collection Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 7:58 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I'm over 1,000 CDs on the year (this has not been a normal year). Haha. I'm not done yet, though, so I'll add to this on Monday.

And I thought I collected alot of cds!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: 2007 and your collection   2007 and your collection Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 7:59 pm

You do Kevin!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2007 and your collection   2007 and your collection Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 8:33 pm

1)The majority of my collection
2)KISS - Ace Frehley the German version with the different logo. (Finding the normal version where I live is impossible so finding the German version!)
3)Dunno...Maybe that one it was free 'cuz it was a gift.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: 2007 and your collection   2007 and your collection Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 8:33 pm

I dont know that exact number but it is about 300 cds once all the trading/selling is done. I am not sure about a great deal this year but some that I got that I have been looking for for awhile are:

Seventh Avenue - Children EP ($5.88!)
Rob rock - Rage of Creation + 1($9.00)

I think the biggest thing about my collection this year is the way it has branched out. I used to listen to mainly power metal but the addition of some goth and lots of prog has made everything more interesting. The introduction to bands like circus maximus, anekdoten, hydria spacefolk, riverside, threshold and others has made it a very enjoyable year.

Alex

PostSubject: Re: 2007 and your collection   2007 and your collection Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 8:39 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

And I thought I collected alot of cds!

Wargod48
Lala did it. I got over 500 through lala. Then trading here, the $5 CDs at CD Baby, SwapaCD, the $2 bins in Boston, it was crazy. And it all has to do with this forum. I first heard of the forum and lala through NLTM. Haha.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: 2007 and your collection   2007 and your collection Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 9:44 pm

About 60 this year. Not counting the 17 I just ordered (all of which were inspired from this fourm).

My best (most expensive) purchase Eddie's Archive.
High points. Entire Iced Earth, Iron Maiden, Led Zeppelin official catalog on cd.

Working on
Deep Purple, Scorpions, Michael Schenker, Rush, Gary Moore.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: 2007 and your collection   2007 and your collection Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 3:11 am

I got in total about 147 CDs. Many new ones, many classics, many re-captured albums, and many old releases that are new to me.

I recaptured albums from Metallica, King Diamond, Sentenced, Paradise Lost, Helloween, Rob Halford, Sure Conviction, Royal Hunt, Theatre Of Tragedy, Iron Maiden, Overkill, and Amorphis.

I got classics from Megadeth, Motorhead, Dio, Warlock, Metal Church, Rainbow, Stryper, Judas Priest, Genesis, and Savatage.

I also got into bands like U.D.O., Axel Rudi Pell, X-Sinner, Circle II Circle, Domain, Allen/Lande, Haggard, Grave Digger, Primal Fear, Khymera, Death, Katagory V, Shadows Fall, Axen Star, Dawn Rider, Rising Faith, Emotion, Sacrament, and Mostly Autumn.

My 2007 releases can be seen in my official top 10 and top lists.

Older albums from Trivium, Alice Cooper, Anthrax, Arch Enemy, Soilwork, Children Of Bodom, Dragonforce, Glenn Tipton, Edguy, Final Axe, Firewind, The Gathering, Grip Inc., Spock's Beard, John Oliva's Pain, Living Sacrifice, Metallium, Obiturary, Queensryche, Rhapsody, Ultimatum, Thunderstone and a re-issue of rare songs/demos from Zion.

Perhaps my biggest find (for me) was Rising Faith-The Arrival. This a rare case of me absolutly loving a no keyboard power/speed metal album (I like many but not as often). I never heard of these guys before and took a chance and it paid off more than I could have ever imagined. That being said, almost every album I got this year paid off. The only exception is Drottnar-Welterwerk whose raw black metal style is really not my thing (I bought it because I've heard some Drottnar songs I liked but they were not anything like the songs on this album). Same thing with Primordial's music which was a very strange form of black metal that just didn't do much for me.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: 2007 and your collection   2007 and your collection Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 11:14 am

I think I added somewhere around 200 discs this year (give or take 10-15).

The rarest thing I added this year was Usurper - Divine Spiritual And Intellectual Development. I also got things like:

Airdash - Thank God It's Monday
Sacrifice - Total Steel
Virus - Lunacy
Vulcano - Ratrace
Brutal Obscenity - It's Because Of The Birds And The Flowers
Death In Action - Just For Our Sake

and a bunch of others.

The best deal I got was for said Usurper CD. I think counting what I paid for the items I traded for it (3 CDs) and the postage paid to ship 'em, it probably cost me around $15 or so.

PostSubject: Re: 2007 and your collection   2007 and your collection Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 12:08 pm

I added five yesterday, bringing the yearly total up to about...ten.

*hangs head in shame after looking at the above posts*
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: 2007 and your collection   2007 and your collection Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 12:17 pm

I'd say around 600 cds this year!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: 2007 and your collection   2007 and your collection Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 12:43 pm

I bought about 100 cds this year.

My biggest finds were:

Accu§er - Repent
Cerebral Fix - Death Erotica
Dementia - Recuperate From Reality
Despair - Beyond All Reason
Hellbastard - Natural Order
Stygian - Planetary Destruction
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: 2007 and your collection   2007 and your collection Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 1:02 am

I've probably added around 250 or so this year to my collection.Counting buying,trading,getting through Lala,used cd stores and such.
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: 2007 and your collection   2007 and your collection Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 5:34 pm

Too many to count but added way over 100 cd's to the ever growing collection.

Particularly pleased with Badlands - Voodoo Highway (Good price for that one),the remastered Murder One by Killers (Paul Dianno's old band) and Transformers: The Movie soundtrack remastered with bonus tracks (1986 Animated Moie)

As for new releases my highlights from 2007 have to be:

Dead Reckoning - Threshold (Great British Prog Metal)
Paradise Lost - Symphony X
Dark Passion Play - Nightwish
Killing Peace - Onslaught
United Abominations - Megadeth
Systematic Chaos - Dream Theater
The Inner Sanctum - Saxon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2007 and your collection   2007 and your collection Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 7:19 pm

smurf poo, you guys ALL have me beat! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2007 and your collection   2007 and your collection Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2007 and your collection
Page 1 of 1