Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gigantour 2007

Go down 
+4
mc666
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
TheGooch
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Gigantour 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Gigantour 2007   Gigantour 2007 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 12:22 pm

the line up for this years Gigantour is as follows

Megadeth

Static x

Devildriver

Lacuna Coil

apparently this is in australia only

i wish dave would bring it over for europe. why the uk has many nice arenas dave could pack out
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Gigantour 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gigantour 2007   Gigantour 2007 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 12:42 pm

TheGooch wrote:
the line up for this years Gigantour is as follows

Megadeth

Static x

Devildriver

Lacuna Coil

apparently this is in australia only

i wish dave would bring it over for europe. why the uk has many nice arenas dave could pack out

BLECH! Not a line-up I would be interested in seeing. Since I've seen Megadeth 5x over the years, I doubt I would go see this line-up.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

Gigantour 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gigantour 2007   Gigantour 2007 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 1:01 pm

I'd be down with seeing Megadeth (only seen them once, many years ago supporting Judas Priest on their PAINKILLER tour) and Lacuna Coil (Cristina is so damn cute) but I'm not a fan of the other bands.

I assume that Cristina will come out onstage with Deth every night and recreate her duet with Dave on "A Tout Le Monde (Set Me Free)"???
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Gigantour 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gigantour 2007   Gigantour 2007 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 1:05 pm

Devildriver is a good band.

SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

Gigantour 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gigantour 2007   Gigantour 2007 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 1:08 pm

Not a show I would go see.

I'm not a fan of Devildriver, though I will say that it's a MUCH better band than Dez's previous group!

Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

Gigantour 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gigantour 2007   Gigantour 2007 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 1:39 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'd be down with seeing Megadeth (only seen them once, many years ago supporting Judas Priest on their PAINKILLER tour) and Lacuna Coil (Cristina is so damn cute) but I'm not a fan of the other bands.

I assume that Cristina will come out onstage with Deth every night and recreate her duet with Dave on "A Tout Le Monde (Set Me Free)"???

I wonder how the "Droogs" will repond to this?

And Dez's old band really sucked and I don't like this one either except the guitar player or bass player who headbangs all cool.

Ps. shitty lineup
Back to top Go down

Gigantour 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gigantour 2007   Gigantour 2007 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2007 9:15 pm

I went to Gigantour last year. I only liked two bands that time which were Overkill and Megadeth. This lineup I only like one band. Plus I absolutely HATE Static X!!
Back to top Go down

Gigantour 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gigantour 2007   Gigantour 2007 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 12:00 am

After having Dream Theater, Nevermore and Symphony -X... what happened?? This current line-up is definitley not for musicians like Dave's original intention!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Gigantour 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gigantour 2007   Gigantour 2007 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 12:24 am

these bands fit in with Megadeths current style. more commercial type metal. nothing wrong with it.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Gigantour 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gigantour 2007   Gigantour 2007 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 8:19 am

I saw Gigantour 2005 & 2006 and they both had decent line-ups. You can read my thoughts on those tours here:
http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/compilations.htm
Just scroll down to the Gigantour compilations (of which there are three.)

MEGADETH ~ LAMB OF GOD ~ OPETH ~ ARCH ENEMY
OVERKILL ~ INTO ETERNITY ~ SANCTITY ~ THE SMASHUP

MEGADETH ~ DREAM THEATER ~ ANTHRAX ~ NEVERMORE ~ SYMPHONY X ~ DRY KILL LOGIC ~ FEAR FACTORY ~ BOBAFLEX ~ LIFE OF AGONY

As for this year's tour, think I will pass. I'm not a fan of any of those band except Megadeth.

Last edited by on Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Gigantour 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gigantour 2007   Gigantour 2007 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 8:55 am

Wish I would've caught the first two tours, this one does look pretty weak.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Gigantour 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gigantour 2007   Gigantour 2007 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 10:45 am

Got to see the first Gigantour. I was late and had the privilege of missing the majority of the metalcore bands, Symphony X's sound was a little muffled due to the setup of the previous bands, and I had to leave before Megadeth because my buddy who was with me had a heart condition that was complicated due to Dream Theater's massive light show. Despite that it was an awesome experience that (for me) ended with Dream Theater, Burton C. Bell, Sir Russel Allen, and Dave Mustaine doing a mind-blowing rendition of Cemetary Gates (a tribute to the late, great, Dimebag). Was looking forward to last years tour but Dave didn't bring it anywhere close to where I live (would have loved to see Arch Enemy, Overkill, Opeth, and Megadeth). Now hearing this line up I'm not sure I'd go even if it did come to me, except to see Megadeth but I'd be better off waiting for Megadeth to tour solo.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

Gigantour 2007 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gigantour 2007   Gigantour 2007 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gigantour 2007
Page 1 of 1