Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Sabbath (The Tony Martin Years)

Go down 
+14
journeyman
fingers
SAHB Healer
Chairman_Smith
mc666
krokus
MoonChild
Mglaffas81
Temple of Blood
iamrockerfun
Invader
caniplaywithmadness?
nevermore
candlemass
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Black Sabbath (The Tony Martin Years) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath (The Tony Martin Years)   Black Sabbath (The Tony Martin Years) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 9:59 pm

candlemass wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
I've got a live boot from the "Headless Cross" tour that is a great show in the first place, but at the end, he invites Ian Gillan up on stage and they do a duet on Smoke On The Water and Paranoid as encores. 🤘

I saw that tour here in Cleveland, great show, my only beef was they performed nothing from the "Eternal Idol" LP?!

Really? I had thought the Gillan duet was a one show deal. The boot I have is a 2 disc deal, I think it may have one or two songs from "Eternal Idol" I have to pull it out and take a look. I only saw Sabbath twice in the 80's, once for Born Again (I was 10 and man that one blew me away), and once again for Seventh Star, with Ray Gillen on vocals. I didn't see them with Martin until "Cross Purposes" came out, which was a great tour. BTW, I don't neccesairly hate Seventh Star as much as I implied before, it just really disappointed me when I heard it at first, I was especting more from Hughes and Iommi.

Last edited by DeathCult on Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath (The Tony Martin Years)   Black Sabbath (The Tony Martin Years) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2008 10:39 pm

Gillan wasn't there, I just meant I saw a show from the "Headless Croos" tour.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath (The Tony Martin Years)   Black Sabbath (The Tony Martin Years) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 5:31 pm

Just in the past year, I've gotten into Sabbath. I don't care for the Ozzy-era, I can't stand his voice.

The Dio albums are really good, but I've recently been able to listen to all of the Martin albums and they're great. Hands down, this is my favorite era. Classic heavy metal stuff, I don't care whether it "sounds" like Black Sabbath or not.

Favorites (in order):

Headless Cross
Cross Purposes
Tyr
Eternal Idol
Forbidden
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath (The Tony Martin Years)   Black Sabbath (The Tony Martin Years) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 5:48 pm

DeathCult wrote:
candlemass wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
I've got a live boot from the "Headless Cross" tour that is a great show in the first place, but at the end, he invites Ian Gillan up on stage and they do a duet on Smoke On The Water and Paranoid as encores. 🤘

I saw that tour here in Cleveland, great show, my only beef was they performed nothing from the "Eternal Idol" LP?!

Really? I had thought the Gillan duet was a one show deal. The boot I have is a 2 disc deal, I think it may have one or two songs from "Eternal Idol" I have to pull it out and take a look. I only saw Sabbath twice in the 80's, once for Born Again (I was 13 and man that one blew me away), and once again for Seventh Star, with Ray Gillen on vocals. I didn't see them with Martin until "Cross Purposes" came out, which was a great tour. BTW, I don't neccesairly hate Seventh Star as much as I implied before, it just really disappointed me when I heard it at first, I was especting more from Hughes and Iommi.

Whats that bootleg called? I'd love to hear it
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath (The Tony Martin Years)   Black Sabbath (The Tony Martin Years) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 6:20 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Just in the past year, I've gotten into Sabbath. I don't care for the Ozzy-era, I can't stand his voice.

The Dio albums are really good, but I've recently been able to listen to all of the Martin albums and they're great. Hands down, this is my favorite era. Classic heavy metal stuff, I don't care whether it "sounds" like Black Sabbath or not.

Couldn't agree more. His vocal melodies are fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Sabbath (The Tony Martin Years)   Black Sabbath (The Tony Martin Years) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Sabbath (The Tony Martin Years)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2