Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke

Go down 
+3
Troublezone
mc666
MetalRob331
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 4:11 pm

I love Stuck Mojo! I also like Rich's marketing idea for Southern Born Killers. Put the whole CD available for free download on your site and trust the fans to also order a CD. I did and got Rich's autograph on it as well as an interview DVD where he explains why SM went this route after getting screwed by record companies.

Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 12:31 am

Eyesore wrote:
martinsane wrote:
Rich Ward is an amazing musician. I love the solo work, the Stuck Mojo stuff and the Fozzy stuff is my favorite of the 3, but as I said, I really dig all of it!! The Fozzy cover tunes were fantastic and I was a little apprehensive about the record of all originals, but my fretting was for not. All That Remains is probably my fave of all 3 Fozzy releases...
Have you ever heard the Sick Speed stuff? A few of the All That Remains songs are old Sick Speed tunes. Sick Speed was killer, though! Rich is planning on re-releasing an album that includes all their recordings (it would have to be at least two albums, actually).

Check these out:

Well, nevermind that, the other videos have dashes or underscores in the video ID, so they won't convert right. But you should be able to watch the other when that video above finishes.

Here's more:

http://www.myspace.com/officialsickspeed
[url=http://www.myspace.com/sickspeedband
http://www.myspace.com/sickspeedband[/quote[/url]]

This is a great song and no I had never heard any of that Sick Speed stuff, but I really am looking forward to Rich re-releasing the stuff. His voice is really good and of course his playing is stellar!

Thanks for the links.

Rich's kung foo is good...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 8:45 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I love Stuck Mojo! I also like Rich's marketing idea for Southern Born Killers. Put the whole CD available for free download on your site and trust the fans to also order a CD. I did and got Rich's autograph on it as well as an interview DVD where he explains why SM went this route after getting screwed by record companies.
Yeah, a year before Radiohead did it and were labeled as innovators! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 8:47 pm

martinsane wrote:
This is a great song and no I had never heard any of that Sick Speed stuff, but I really am looking forward to Rich re-releasing the stuff. His voice is really good and of course his playing is stellar!

Thanks for the links.

Rich's kung foo is good...
Rich didn't sing on every Sick Speed recording. They had a few other singers before he stepped up, toward the end of the band's life. They'd actually changed their name to Cafu at one point before breaking up. If I remember correctly, it was supposed to be like a mix between caffiene and kung-fu. Something stupid like that...
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 12:19 am

Hey Eyesore you seem to be the resident expert on all this Stuck Mojo, not a jab. How's about a list of what is available or was available so I can get a wish list together.
Thanks.

After watching that Sick Speed video I did watch all the others and that Fozzy live show looks like a damn good time!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 12:46 am

martinsane wrote:
Hey Eyesore you seem to be the resident expert on all this Stuck Mojo, not a jab. How's about a list of what is available or was available so I can get a wish list together.
Thanks.

After watching that Sick Speed video I did watch all the others and that Fozzy live show looks like a damn good time!!!
Lots of cool stuff can be had at http://www.stuckmojo.us/merch-home.html. The demos/rarities albums are CDRs with simple artwork, but the material on them is really cool. Plus Rich autographs everything. These may be more fanboy purchases, though. And I think the Live At The 2005 Download Festival Fozzy DVD is a DVDR, but I don't own it so I don't know. The description of it coming in a "slim-line DVD case" suggests that. The Fozzy Unleashed, Uncensored, Unknown DVD is the real thing, though; as is Mojo's Inside The Monster DVD.

Stuck Mojo's catalog is still available from Century Media and in stores, mostly. The only thing no longer available is the original issue of the Violated EP, but it's been reissued, tacked onto another reissue. And the Fozzy albums and the lone Duke album can be had anywhere.

Sick Speed released a bunch of demos and one full-length called The Time Is Right To Make A Change. These were all CDR releases. One "official" release was put out—a shortened version of The Time Is Right... called The Way I Am. This can still be found out there from time to time. The label that pressed it up kept on pressing it long after their contract deemed it illegal; but they did it anyway. It's somewhat hard to find, but it's out there. Sentinel Steel had copies for $5.88 not too long ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 12:49 am

http://www.amazon.com/Way-I-Am-Sick-Speed...

Not $5.88, but it can be had for about $15.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 1:24 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi1b_CWGJEk

That's a pretty sweet tour video set to the song "Home." It gives that song a whole new meaning to me. I'd never put it in that context before. But man, don't those guys put on a badass show? I hope they come up near Boston this year. It's been too long since I've seen them.

Rich is the only karate-performing guitarist I know! Haha.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 3:42 pm

Thats my favorite song off of SBK.. Cool video i never got a chance to see The Mojo live.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 4:27 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Thats my favorite song off of SBK.. Cool video i never got a chance to see The Mojo live.
Man, they're awesome. I saw them a bunch of times between the first two albums, but then being overseas and everything, I never got to see them again. But the shows are killer. I saw the with (HED)pe and Skinlab in Memphis is like 1999 or so and was invited on stage to sing "We're Not Gonna Take It" with all the bands. It was sweet! Nelson is more subdued than Bonz was, though. Bonz and Rich on stage together was mayhem. They were insane! But Rich goes off enough for the whole band, I think. Haha.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 5:16 pm

Yes i have always heard that the energy this band put into there live shows is second to none. I agree Nelson does seem a lil more laid back then Bonz. So do you think Rich is goin to put out another Duke cd? Whats up with Fozzy i've been waiting a while now fir a new cd.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 11:51 pm

On the subject of Rich Ward, I listened to Fozzy's All That Remains the other day and his guitar work on there kicks donkey!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 1:02 am

DallasBlack wrote:
On the subject of Rich Ward, I listened to Fozzy's All That Remains the other day and his guitar work on there kicks donkey!
Rich is an amazing guitarist. He really is. Someone made two killer compliation videos of his riffs and solos:

RIFFS:

SOLOS:

Those solos shred! Rich is a metal guitarist regardless of whether or not there's a rapper in the band. And they were doing this stuff long before "rapcore" got popular.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 1:12 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
Yes i have always heard that the energy this band put into there live shows is second to none. I agree Nelson does seem a lil more laid back then Bonz. So do you think Rich is goin to put out another Duke cd? Whats up with Fozzy i've been waiting a while now fir a new cd.
Their shows are nuts. When they did the Pigwalk tour, they extended the breakdown on "Only The Strong Survive" to just bass and drums. Bonz would then get this steel pig head on a stand and put it at the front of the stage. Then Rich started nailing a riff, and each time Bonz would jab this electric sander or something into the pig head and sparks would come flying out of the nose, mouth and eyes. Then when the song kicked back in with everyone playing, Bonz put the sander thing on top of the pig head and sent a shower of sparks out over the crowd. It was absolutely crazy!

Looking back on it, after what happened at The Station, it was a crazy thing to do in those tiny clubs. At Vino's in Little Rock, those sparks were totally hitting the ceiling, which was just the framing of the floor above, pipes and wires. But it was still awesome.

Anyway, Rich apparently has most of the second Duke album done. As far as Fozzy is concerned, Jericho is the one that needs to clear his schedule for that. Rich says he's got material. But Jericho is much busier, of course.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:30 am

Stuck Mojo was metal! Why is this in the rock forum?! Argh, I hate split up forums sometimes.

Anyway....I love Rich's music. I have the Sick Speed album and demos too, they rule big time.

I saw the last Fozzy album had been re-released with bonus stuff a week or two ago.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 11:21 am

I am really looking forward to another Duke cd. I loved the last Fozzy release.

I agree with you Eye that Rich is an amazing guitarist. In that fav guitarist thread me and you both listed him. I dont think he gets enough credit and not enough ppl know who he is. But i let his music do the talking.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 11:25 am

Yup, Rich is absolutely deserving of more attention than he gets, both as a song writer and a guitarist.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 11:42 am

Whats your fav track that Rich has done regardless of which band it was.

These are some of mine.

Monster
The Way I Am
End of Days
Reborn
Hang Em High
Not Promised Tomorrow
Show you the Way
Immune
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 11:58 am

I gave up on trying to keep track of favorites from bands a long time ago. I like most everything that I've heard him on though.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 12:05 pm

I like everything he has done as well, but there are songs that i seem to skip to a little more than others..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 2:58 pm

Rexorcist wrote:
Stuck Mojo was metal! Why is this in the rock forum?! Argh, I hate split up forums sometimes.
I believe this is the safest forum for this post. Temple of Blood might have a heart attack if a band with a rapper is mentioned in the metal forum. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 3:01 pm

Rexorcist wrote:
I gave up on trying to keep track of favorites from bands a long time ago. I like most everything that I've heard him on though.
Yeah, same here. It's hard when you like nearly everything from a band. I will say that "Used To Be" really hits home with me. On a rather depressing day a good while back, that song actually made drop a few tears on a ride home one night. Pretty ridiculous, as I'm a badass. But that song did it to me.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 3:28 pm

Quote :
Pretty ridiculous, as I'm a badass. But that song did it to me.

LOL Warrel Dane's song "Brother" did that to me the other day. But at least I wasn't wuss enough to actually let my eyes wet themselves.

Quote :
Temple of Blood might have a heart attack if a band with a rapper is mentioned in the metal forum.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 3:42 pm

Haha tears fall from eyes, EYE, from a lot of songs. Thats what a great song sang with passion is supposed to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 8:42 pm

Quote :
"Due to a conflict in touring and recording schedules, STUCK MOJO is forced to cancel its June/July European schedule and plans to return to Europe in the fall of 2008 after the completion of their new record with producer Andy Sneap."

STUCK MOJO recently announced its first American tour dates of the year. In support of the band's "Southern Born Killers" album and a brand-new studio CD due later this year, STUCK MOJO will be headlining the following shows, with more to be announced very soon:

June 06 - Augusta, GA @ Red Lion Pub
June 07 - Spartanburg, SC @ Ground Zero
June 09 - Huntington, WV @ Monkey Bar
June 10 - Columbus, OH @ C.B.R's Bar
June 11 - Cleveland, OH @ Peabody's Concert Club
June 12 - Grand Rapids, MI @ Intersection Lounge
June 13 - Mokena, IL @ The Pearl Room
June 19 - Charlotte, NC @ Amos Southend
June 20 - Raleigh, NC @ Volume 11
New album by year's end? HOLY CRAP! Rich is clearly inspired without the drama that goes down working with Bonz. I highly encourage you guys to check out a show if it comes near you. Even if you've never liked a rap-metal band, give them a try. If any band will change you mind, Stuck Mojo will do it. Especially in a live setting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next