Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke

Go down 
+3
Troublezone
mc666
MetalRob331
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke Empty
PostSubject: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 8:38 pm

If you dont know him by name he is the mastermind behind Stuck Mojo, Fozzy, and a really impressive rock album entitled My Kung Fu is Good..

I think ppl tend to over look Stuck Mojo because of the rap vocals but i think they are really missing out. What you get with Ward is great songwriting and very underrated guitar playing.

I think he was also in a band called Sick Speed as well with some of those songs being on Fozzy's newest release.

What you guys think
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 10:45 pm

Man, Rich is the man! Everything he's done has been killer. Mojo is one of my all-time favorite bands! And yes, Sick Speed was a band he'd started years ago toward the end of Mojo's days. They became Cafu for a bit, but disbanded. Sad, too, because lots of great songs were released then. Some ended up on Fozzy's All That Remains and My Kung Fu Is Good.

I can't imagine many people here will know them, though, or like them if they do. I can't believe Mojo just signed with Relapse Records. That's way outside their style of signees.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 1:04 am

i liked Mojo except the last one, but never really got into Fozzy.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 7:55 am

I like all the old Mojo stuff with Bonz. Rich Ward is the only other guy besides Zakk Wylde to perfect that ping harmonic stuff.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 9:58 am

Hey eye i thought i seen u in The House of Ward forum u belong there?

Yes Stuck Mojo is one of my fav bands as well. Whats ur fav Mojo cd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 1:59 pm

mc666 wrote:
Southern Born Killers? I love that CD! But it is a bit different.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 2:02 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Hey eye i thought i seen u in The House of Ward forum u belong there?

Yes Stuck Mojo is one of my fav bands as well. Whats ur fav Mojo cd.
Yeah, I use Eyesore as my username everywhere, though there are some imposters out there. Not sure what my favorite is. I'd say it's a toss-up between Pigwalk and Declaration Of A Headhunter, though Declaration is more of Sick Speed album with some guest spots by Bonz.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 2:06 pm

Do you see Mojo getting back with Bonz?

What do u think of the Lord?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 2:34 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:

They actually have. They had a break up over political differences but Rich agreed to tone his conservative views and keep them out of the music so Bonz has agreed to those terms (that was the last I heard anyways, keep in mind that was a while back).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 2:44 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:

What do u think of the Lord?
I don't see it happening. I was shocked to see it briefly happen. I think Lord Nelson is excellent. He fits in really well. Did you ever hear the pre-SBK demos with Bonz on them? They're not that good. Bonz and Rich just don't mix well anymore. The magic is gone.

I wanted Rich to get Emerg from Bionic Jive! Haha. That would have been killer. But Nelson is really good, especially for someone that's never been in a band before.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 2:47 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
They actually have. They had a break up over political differences but Rich agreed to tone his conservative views and keep them out of the music so Bonz has agreed to those terms (that was the last I heard anyways, keep in mind that was a while back).
No. You're way behind. Haha. That was like three years ago. Bonz has once again been kicked out and Rich got a dude named Lord Nelson to take his place. They also released a new album in 2006 (in limited quantities), which is getting reissued by Relapse next year with three bonus tracks.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 7:43 pm

Eyesore wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Southern Born Killers? I love that CD! But it is a bit different.
well it's not because of the change in rappers, i was pre-pared for that. i just thought it couldn't come close to the excellent Declaration Of A Headhunter.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 9:35 pm

Pigwalk and Rising are my favs but i also like Declaration of a Headhunter too. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 9:38 pm

Those two previously unreleased tracks on their HVY 1 live album were very cool also. The bass player at the time sang the songs and it was like a whole new band.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 11:15 pm

troublezone wrote:
Those two previously unreleased tracks on their HVY 1 live album were very cool also. The bass player at the time sang the songs and it was like a whole new band.
Those songs were just like Sick Speed, who were basically Stuck Mojo without a rapper. Awesome stuff.

Sick Speed had a few different vocalists, including Rich Ward, who I think should have been the vocalist the entire time. Anyway, they were an awesome band. Too bad the one and only deal they got the guy ripped them off.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 4:53 am

rich's vocals are way underrated. And damn can that man write some great tunes
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 6:15 am

Rich kinda looks like Ron Rinehart from DA.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 2:21 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
rich's vocals are way underrated. And damn can that man write some great tunes
Well, at the time he wasn't totally confident in being a frontman. He had to just sing more before he got comfortable with it.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 4:41 pm

So do u think Rich will come out with another disc under The Duke..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 5:14 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
So do u think Rich will come out with another disc under The Duke..
He's already working on it. He signed a two-disc deal initially, so he has to do one more.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 4:14 am

thats some great news. One thing i realized about Rich is that he cant write a bad song...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 12:22 am

Anyone pick up the Napalm Records reissue of Southern Born Killers? I know I hate reissues that come right on the heels of the initial release, but I understand why Rich had to sign this deal—the band was just sitting idle without label support; they couldn't book shows or anything. Plus the original release was pressed in small amounts; I know the initial pressing that came with the DVD was limited to 1,000. Then I think he financed a second pressing of 1,000. So I gladly paid for this one.

And there's three brand new tracks—"Go," "The Fear Is All Around Me," and "This Is How We Swing." Each track is excellent, but "The Fear Is All Around Me" is on a different level. It's such a badass tune, one of the best Rich has ever written, I think. I also think on the next album the combination of Rich and Nelson is going to produce the best Mojo stuff to date! I can't wait.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 2:08 am

Rich Ward is an amazing musician. I love the solo work, the Stuck Mojo stuff and the Fozzy stuff is my favorite of the 3, but as I said, I really dig all of it!! The Fozzy cover tunes were fantastic and I was a little apprehensive about the record of all originals, but my fretting was for not. All That Remains is probably my fave of all 3 Fozzy releases...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 3:06 am

martinsane wrote:
Rich Ward is an amazing musician. I love the solo work, the Stuck Mojo stuff and the Fozzy stuff is my favorite of the 3, but as I said, I really dig all of it!! The Fozzy cover tunes were fantastic and I was a little apprehensive about the record of all originals, but my fretting was for not. All That Remains is probably my fave of all 3 Fozzy releases...
Have you ever heard the Sick Speed stuff? A few of the All That Remains songs are old Sick Speed tunes. Sick Speed was killer, though! Rich is planning on re-releasing an album that includes all their recordings (it would have to be at least two albums, actually).

Check these out:

Well, nevermind that, the other videos have dashes or underscores in the video ID, so they won't convert right. But you should be able to watch the other when that video above finishes.

Here's more:

http://www.myspace.com/officialsickspeed
http://www.myspace.com/sickspeedband
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 4:03 pm

I lOVED All That Remains, that cd rocked to me. Rich does an amzing job on all his releases.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke   Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rich Ward "AKA" The Duke
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next