Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iron Savior fans?

Go down 
+11
krokus
Orion Crystal Ice
Fat Freddy
exact33
Olafsto
scottmitchell74
SAHB Healer
mc666
kmorg
Wargod
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Iron Savior fans? Empty
PostSubject: Iron Savior fans?   Iron Savior fans? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 2:17 pm

Any fans of Iron Savior? I love the band they play kick ass heavy metal in the traditional style. My favs are Dark Assault & Battering Ram.

Here is a discography what's your fav?

Iron Savior 1997
Unification 1999
Interlude 1999
Dark Assault 2001
Condition Red 2002
Battering Ram 2004

New one comes out about mid year!

Very similar to Gamma Ray!

Wargod48

NP: Iron Savior - Dark Assault
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Iron Savior fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior fans?   Iron Savior fans? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 2:20 pm

Used to have their debut, but traded it away years ago...

Iron Savior fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior fans?   Iron Savior fans? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 2:32 pm

I Like Dark Assault the most myself, have 'em all including the singles too.

They seem to come accross as the type of band that people either like or don't.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39505

Iron Savior fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior fans?   Iron Savior fans? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 3:37 pm

I only have Unification but I like it alot
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Iron Savior fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior fans?   Iron Savior fans? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 6:26 pm

i have the debut. the only song i really like is the Nazareth cover. the rest is kind of bland. i'm not the biggest power metal fan though.

SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Iron Savior fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior fans?   Iron Savior fans? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 6:36 pm

I gave up on them after the first two; which is perhaps unfair. They seemed at that point to be traditional to the point of boring. Formulaic Power Metal. The other band from that period that I gave up on early was Metalium. Again, maybe they improved, but I gotta invest wisely.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Iron Savior fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior fans?   Iron Savior fans? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 7:12 pm

From what I've heard I like them a lot!
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Iron Savior fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior fans?   Iron Savior fans? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 9:13 pm

Since I posted about Iron Savior; I've been thinking about why it is that I didn't care for them. They are obviously professional and skilled players; and are good at making a kind of music that people enjoy. It's just that at that time I was looking more for something progressive like Veni Domine. But there is no reason anyone has to like only cutting edge stuff...hell...lately I have been into traditional hard rock (Rory Gallagher, Status Quo, etc.) Nothing cutting edge there, that's for sure. I like Vardis; which is a NWOBHM band whose act consists of pretty much doing an impression of Status Quo; and I like post NWOBHM era Slade; who is at that point doing an impression of Quiet Riot who was doing an impression of pre NWOBHM Slade (if you can follow that). So if you like it, go for it, there's nothing wrong with a tried and true groove.
Back to top Go down

Iron Savior fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior fans?   Iron Savior fans? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 18, 2007 9:32 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
lately I have been into traditional hard rock (Rory Gallagher.)

Nothing wrong with some Rory, He was a fine Guitarist,
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Iron Savior fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior fans?   Iron Savior fans? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 8:43 pm

Although I wouldn't consider Rory hard rock more blues rock than anything else to bad he died!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

Iron Savior fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior fans?   Iron Savior fans? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 19, 2007 11:41 pm

Yup, very good band. I only have a burn of Condition Red, though....need to eventually get the real deals.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Iron Savior fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior fans?   Iron Savior fans? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 1:45 pm

I like them alot! I only have Condition Red, but i think they have reissued all their albums, and they are nice price.
So more will be added to my collection soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Iron Savior fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior fans?   Iron Savior fans? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2007 2:07 pm

I am partial to their debut although I like condition red a lot. I have all their stuff and most of the albums are generally a good listen.

Alex
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

Iron Savior fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior fans?   Iron Savior fans? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2007 3:02 pm

I have all their stuff except CONDITION RED (dunno why I skipped that one, just never got around to it I guess)... excellent band, especially the debut and BATTERING RAM. Aren't they about due for a new CD? The last one came out almost three years ago!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

Iron Savior fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior fans?   Iron Savior fans? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 1:13 pm

Iron Savior - Megatropolis

I've been listening to this again lately and I must say I really like it! All the songs are catchy and well written (to my tastes, at least).

It didn't seem to get many good reviews but it's one of my favorites of the last year or so.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Iron Savior fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior fans?   Iron Savior fans? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 1:23 pm

I'm a fan. Most German bands in this vein are great examples of something a lot of people take as generic or whatnot proving it's just the songs that matter, no matter how outside the box or not music is. Very Happy I am one of the ones that hasn't liked a whole lot of stuff past the Kai Hansen era, though. But my least favorite songs on the albums were usually the ones he sang on... like 'Deadly Sleep' just doesn't make any sense melodically. I like the debut and 'Unification' the best, with my favorite songs being 'Brave New World', 'Mind Over Matter', and 'Coming Home'.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Iron Savior fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior fans?   Iron Savior fans? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 2:09 pm

Never been a fan but have most of their albums. My fave is their second release. I saw them a couple of times live but they were always a little boring. Energy yes, but no stage attitude or real metal looks, specialy the singer. We looked more metal down in front of the stage then those guys on stage (but is that not nearly always the case with us????? I think so 🤘 )
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Iron Savior fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior fans?   Iron Savior fans? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 11:58 am

I recently saw one of their discs in the used bins at the local FYE. I've been debating if I should grab it or not. Some of the reviews I've read were kinda mediocre at best, so I passed for now.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Iron Savior fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior fans?   Iron Savior fans? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:07 pm

I like Battering Ram the best. The new one was a real snoozefest though IMO.

scottmitchell74

Iron Savior fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior fans?   Iron Savior fans? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 3:12 pm

Man, I love it. Funny how that goes!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Iron Savior fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior fans?   Iron Savior fans? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 4:42 pm

i thought the megatropolis was too generic sounding. Iron Saviour was never terribly original in the first place but they were bland for my tastes on megatroplis..

Alex

HellRaiser
Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

Number of posts : 242

Iron Savior fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior fans?   Iron Savior fans? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 5:02 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
... and I like post NWOBHM era Slade; who is at that point doing an impression of Quiet Riot who was doing an impression of pre NWOBHM Slade (if you can follow that).

That might be the best description of mid-to-late 80s era Slade I've heard Laughing

Seriously, that's awesome.

And I love that era of the band too Cool
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

Iron Savior fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior fans?   Iron Savior fans? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:32 am

Wargod48 wrote:
Any fans of Iron Savior? I love the band they play kick ass heavy metal in the traditional style. My favs are Dark Assault & Battering Ram.

Here is a discography what's your fav?

Iron Savior 1997 3.
Unification 1999 1.
Interlude 1999 5.
Dark Assault 2001 4.
Condition Red 2002 2.
Battering Ram 2004 7.

New one comes out about mid year! Megatropolis 6.

Very similar to Gamma Ray!

Wargod48

NP: Iron Savior - Dark Assault
I saw them play live at PPUSA IX last year! Phenomenal show!(Hey! I found the search option. Be VERY afraid!) crazy happy Iron Savior fans? 47715 Iron Savior fans? 543534 Monty Python :glee:
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

Iron Savior fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior fans?   Iron Savior fans? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:34 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Man, I love it. Funny how that goes!
Darn tootin'! Hey man! Long time, no see! How's Abilene treatin' ya?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

Iron Savior fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior fans?   Iron Savior fans? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:48 am

Better all the time!

You gonna post more these days? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Iron Savior fans? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior fans?   Iron Savior fans? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron Savior fans?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next