Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020)

Go down 
+2
Gilbert
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020) Empty
PostSubject: Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020)   Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2020 11:57 am

Album to be released on December 4, 2020, via AFM.

An instant purchase for me:

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020)   Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2020 2:42 pm

Sounds good ! I only own one album by them and should really check into them more.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020)   Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2020 3:48 pm

007 wrote:
Sounds good ! I only own one album by them and should really check into them more.

Which album is that?

As much as i love this band, and own all of their releases, i must admit that their last few albums have had lots of recycled riffs. You'd get two excellent tracks, but the rest is typical Savior generic music.

That said, i still pick up every single thing they put out.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020)   Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2020 3:56 pm

Gilbert wrote:
007 wrote:

Which album is that?

As much as i love this band, and own all of their releases, i must admit that their last few albums have had lots of recycled riffs. You'd get two excellent tracks, but the rest is typical Savior generic music.

Unification. I found it at a used shop and blindly bought. I thought it was really good but I've never come across another one of their albums as yet.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020)   Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2020 4:10 pm

007 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
007 wrote:

Which album is that?

Unification. I found it at a used shop and blindly bought. I thought it was really good but I've never come across another one of their albums as yet.

Unification is one of their best ever and the toughest to come by. But i was told that most Iron Savior albums, along with UDO and Grave Digger are almost impossible to find in the US.

No idea how true this is.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020)   Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2020 4:19 pm

Gilbert wrote:

Unification is one of their best ever and the toughest to come by. But i was told that most Iron Savior albums, along with UDO and Grave Digger are almost impossible to find in the US.

Probably pretty accurate. All of my UDO and Grave Digger albums were online purchases. I've never come across any in a shop.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020)   Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2020 1:11 am

007 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Probably pretty accurate. All of my UDO and Grave Digger albums were online purchases. I've never come across any in a shop.

Same here. It's all ordered online, and with the economical crisis, my credit cards limits for international ecomm transactions have been drastically reduced to 25$ monthly per card.

So I really have to know what to pick up. One of the reasons why I have only been focusing on major 2020 releases lately.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020)   Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2020 2:10 pm

Nice! Iron Savior are very good and this sounds no different. What a year - new Primal Fear and Iron Savior!

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020)   Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2020 11:00 pm

Gilbert wrote:
007 wrote:

Which album is that?

For what it's worth, all power metal is pretty much recycled riffs at this point. Haha.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020)   Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2020 11:43 am

Eyesore wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
007 wrote:

Which album is that?

For what it's worth, all power metal is pretty much recycled riffs at this point. Haha.

yeah but some still do a good job at it Smile

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020)   Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2020 1:02 pm

exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
007 wrote:

Which album is that?

yeah but some still do a good job at it Smile

Of course, and that's all that matters.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020)   Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2020 9:46 pm

Already? Cool! The album last year was great so looking forward to this one.

I have a handful of their albums, including Reforged which is a collection re-recorded tracks from the Kai Hansen years.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020)   Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2020 11:49 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

I have a handful of their albums, including Reforged which is a collection re-recorded tracks from the Kai Hansen years.

These guys are on a turbo mode lately. I wasn't expecting them to release a new album until at least 2022!

Piet is a hard working riff factory headbanger.

Reforged is very good. I agree. I own all of their studio and live releases, as well as two singles.

This band is impossible to find in my part of the world. Had to pay over 50$ to get Unification, but it was really worth it headbanger.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020)   Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2020 10:21 pm

Gilbert wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

These guys are on a turbo mode lately. I wasn't expecting them to release a new album until at least 2022!

Reforged is very good. I agree. I own all of their studio and live releases, as well as two singles.

This band is impossible to find in my part of the world. Had to pay over 50$ to get Unification, but it was really worth it headbanger.

Damn! I actually found it on Amazon Marketplace for about $18 + shipping. However, while looking found that Condition Red goes for nearly $70. That one I'll just buy a digital copy. Despite being a hardcore CD collector, I find myself more open to those kind of purchases when the going price is too much. That's what I did when completing my studio album collection of Grave Digger when I found out Wargames and Stronger Than Ever were ridiculously high priced.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020)   Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2020 12:51 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Damn! I actually found it on Amazon Marketplace for about $18 + shipping. However, while looking found that Condition Red goes for nearly $70. That one I'll just buy a digital copy. Despite being a hardcore CD collector, I find myself more open to those kind of purchases when the going price is too much. That's what I did when completing my studio album collection of Grave Digger when I found out Wargames and Stronger Than Ever were ridiculously high priced.

Condition Red is an amazing release. Glad i found a special edition cd with a Poster while in Barcelona, over a decade ago. Picked it up for less than 12 euros. On that very same day, I also found the Grave Digger middle ages trilogy box set for 12 euros! Now that's luck.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020)   Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2020 1:11 am

Gilbert wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Condition Red is an amazing release. Glad i found a special edition cd with a Poster while in Barcelona, over a decade ago. Picked it up for less than 12 euros. On that very same day, I also found the Grave Digger middle ages trilogy box set for 12 euros! Now that's luck.

That is luck! I think the luckiest thing for me (apart from several used CDs I got in a bargain bin that were, at the time, going on Amazon for high dollars) was in (just like you) Barcelona while I was in the navy at a train station music store and found Running Wild-Black Hand Inn. Only several years later back in the states to find their albums were OOP and very expensive.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020)   Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2020 2:04 am

I remember picking up Black Hand Inn at Virgin Megastore. Remember those? They had outstanding metal sections. Well, gone are those days.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020)   Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2020 11:33 am

Gilbert wrote:
I remember picking up Black Hand Inn at Virgin Megastore. Remember those? They had outstanding metal sections. Well, gone are those days.

When they closed the Virgin around my area I was soooo pissed! I always referred to it as the metal mecca and I would travel there once a month and spend over $100 on CDs. I discovered so many bands blind shopping there: Axxis, Vanishing Point, Masterplan, Avantasia, Human Zoo, Khymera, Allen-Lande, and others. Not to mention plenty from bands I already knew about. When they had their close out sale, I got about $200 worth of CDs (more than 10 of them). Dug into my credit card debt but it was worth it because I knew I was never going to be able to shop there again.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020)   Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2020 4:35 am

New song out:

Man, this is my most anticipated release of the year.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020)   Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2020 4:47 pm

Nice song. Its on the list!

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020)   Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2020 3:30 pm

Good band that is following the trend of layering sissified vocals. This would have been great if they didn't add those Backstreet Boys vocals to choruses and such. BIG pet peeve of mine with ALL these new wave of metal bands.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020)   Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2020 12:18 pm

New song out:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020)   Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron Savior: Skycrest (2020)
Page 1 of 1