Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone Like Pentagram?

Go down 
+30
JBall_Z
ultmetal
Boris2008
Orion Crystal Ice
candlemass
choosemetal
corplhicks
A Handful of Wayne
nevermore
7thSaviour
Lurideath
Andy
martinsane
Thrasher73
Leatherface
GrandNational
arachnoplasma
Wurthless
jstate
Witchfinder
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
TH Joe
TrogDawn
SAHB Healer
SideShowDisaSter
mc666
Troublezone
spiritoradio
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 1:59 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
yea. Especially the part where hes scratching himself cause he thinks hes got parasites. They show his one arm and its got a nasty slice right down the middle. I almost threw up haha

Yea, that was nasty.

Good doc. Depressing as hell though. The dude is a mess. I didn't know allot of it took place in my hometown. I recognized allot of locations. The prison he was locked up in isn't far from where I grew up.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 3:23 pm

Its on Netflix if you have it.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 4:15 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Its on Netflix if you have it.

I was able to watch it online thru my cable system.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 2:09 pm

I want to see this, I really like Pentagram (now there's a surprise!lol!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 4:35 pm

It is definitely worth watching once, though it is depressing enough that I doubt I'll ever watch it again.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 12:10 pm

Coming in late, but I like Pentagram! Actually would love to get more Pentagram for my collection.

Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 12:48 pm

I was pleasantly surprized this movie was on cable last night.  Being unfamiliar with Pentagram's music and history I had to watch it.  It was sad.  Drugs.  I hate 'em.

If I'm not mistaken, they mentioned breifly in the movie that he had admitted to selling his soul to the devil.  Then there was the fire and the cross incident that freaked out his friend.  Kind of strange.

Anyway, I hope Bobby continues to exorcise his demons and find true happiness.

The music I heard in the film sounded pretty good to my ears.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 4:59 pm

I have to agree great movie. I think the selling his soul to the devil thing was more of a metaphor. I read that Bobby is a Christian now.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 10:02 am

I've been listening to their first album on Spotify and really like "Sign Of The Wolf (Pentagram)" and "The Ghoul."
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 10:32 am

SO relentlesssssss, oh yeahhhhhhh!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 10:56 am

S.D. wrote:
It is definitely worth watching once, though it is depressing enough that I doubt I'll ever watch it again.

Yea, it's depressing as hell. Unlike the Anvil story, you root for them and hope that things will finally turn in their favor. And Lips still seems upbeat. You feel good about them at the end.

With Bobby, even though they try to end the doc on a somewhat upbeat note, you know it's just a matter of time before the guy crashes and burns again.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 10:55 am

Coulda sworn I posted in this thread when I saw the "Last Daze Here" doc a year or so ago, but I guess not... (shrugs)

Anywhoo, seeing that documentary got me interested in hearing/owning some Pentagram (a band I knew next to nothing about prior to to the film)...it took me a while but this past week I finally got my hands on 2011's Last Rites and it is damn good stuff. I've also got a copy of the First Daze Here Too compilation on the way to me as I speak (type?).

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2015 12:25 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Coulda sworn I posted in this thread when I saw the "Last Daze Here" doc a year or so ago, but I guess not... (shrugs)

Anywhoo, seeing that documentary got me interested in hearing/owning some Pentagram (a band I knew next to nothing about prior to to the film)...it took me a while but this past week I finally got my hands on 2011's Last Rites and it is damn good stuff. I've also got a copy of the First Daze Here Too compilation on the way to me as I speak (type?).

Better late than never. Pentagram could have been huge if drugs, bad luck, and any assortment of other bad things had not come their way. The two albums from the 80's are classics, hunt those down next.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2015 7:40 am

I know absolutely nothing about this band. I've heard a few of their songs on the Metal station on Directv and liked those though. I'll have to try them out eventually (too many bands......)
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2015 1:55 pm

You should check the turkish metal band pentagram!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 11:07 am

As of now, I only have 2 comps from them, First Daze Here and First Daze Too. I'll get more someday. I've liked what I've heard.

Is there any albums I should outright AVOID or are they all pretty similiar and decent?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 11:30 am

I got Pentagram's First Daze Here Too comp (2CD) in the mail last week thanx to Martinsane, and I've been diggin' it. (the cool cover of the Stones' "Under My Thumb" was a neat surprise.) I guess I need to track down a copy of the first "Daze" volume now...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 11:44 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I got Pentagram's First Daze Here Too comp (2CD) in the mail last week thanx to Martinsane, and I've been diggin' it. (the cool cover of the Stones' "Under My Thumb" was a neat surprise.) I guess I need to track down a copy of the first "Daze" volume now...

You'll like the first "Daze" better.

The band recently re-signed with Peaceville and are working on a new album called Curious Volume.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone Like Pentagram?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3