Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone Like Pentagram?

Go down 
+30
JBall_Z
ultmetal
Boris2008
Orion Crystal Ice
candlemass
choosemetal
corplhicks
A Handful of Wayne
nevermore
7thSaviour
Lurideath
Andy
martinsane
Thrasher73
Leatherface
GrandNational
arachnoplasma
Wurthless
jstate
Witchfinder
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
TH Joe
TrogDawn
SAHB Healer
SideShowDisaSter
mc666
Troublezone
spiritoradio
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 1:59 pm

There are 2 volumes. First Daze Here and First Daze Here Too.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 2:11 pm

S.D. wrote:
There are 2 volumes. First Daze Here and First Daze Here Too.

Saw that I was just refer to the one I have...
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 2:42 pm

I like both Pentagram's. The USA doom one and the Black thrash one from Chile! Both are excellent bands!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 3:40 pm

Lurideath wrote:
I like both Pentagram's. The USA doom one and the Black thrash one from Chile! Both are excellent bands!

The one from Turkey is not bad either.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 6:35 pm

Never heard the Turkish band. Now I gotta hear them!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 6:40 pm

Here you go:

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:16 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Here you go:

Isn't that the same band who used the name Mezarkabul?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:53 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Yup. I think they had to change it for legal reasons and use Mezarkabul outside of Turkey. I think it translates into "invitation to the grave" or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:56 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Yup. I think they had to change it for legal reasons and use Mezarkabul outside of Turkey. I think it translates into "invitation to the grave" or something like that.

I knew I recognized the song in that first video...it's kind of Doomy Power Metal ala Tad Morose...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:39 am

Bump for Pentagram news...

A documentary of the band and crack-head lead singer is in select theaters now...

http://www.heartofmetal.net/t17745-last-days-here-pentagram-documentary

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:44 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

A documentary of the band and crack-head lead singer is in select theaters now...

I would LOVE to see that...hopefully it'll end up on Netflix...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:53 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I would LOVE to see that...hopefully it'll end up on Netflix...

I imagine it would. I can't see this getting much love in theaters. DVD sales and Netflix are gonna get more fans attention with a release like this.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:19 am

So for a novice such as myself, where would be a good place to start if I wanted to check out some Pentagram? Looks like they've got a few different comps out there and a bunch of albums.

Where's the best place to get a taste?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 12:36 pm

I like Mezarkabul, the Pentagram band from Turkey!\m/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 12:48 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
So for a novice such as myself, where would be a good place to start if I wanted to check out some Pentagram? Looks like they've got a few different comps out there and a bunch of albums.

I only have the most recent album "Last Rites" and I like it, it has the classic tandem of Leibling and Victor Griffin (Place of Skulls). Worth checking out.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 7:23 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Get the comp First Daze Here.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 7:09 pm

Time to wake up an old thread. Did anyone ever get around to watching the documentary? It ended up being on HBO about a month ago. I DVR'd it but I haven't felt like watching it until today. I never even knew about the movie until I was just looking up other stuff and saw it was on and figured maybe I should check it out and I'm glad I did. It was really really good and I recommend everyone to watch it. Its on netflix. I never knew this guy was so messed up. Its a shame he seems like a really nice guy, obviously things work out for him and he cleans himself up. that could have changed by now tho haha. Anyway do yourself a favor and watch it. I actually think it was better than the Anvil movie.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 7:12 pm

Great documentary.  I have no idea how Bobby Liebling is still alive.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 7:23 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Time to wake up an old thread. Did anyone ever get around to watching the documentary? It ended up being on HBO about a month ago. I DVR'd it but I haven't felt like watching it until today. I never even knew about the movie until I was just looking up other stuff and saw it was on and figured maybe I should check it out and I'm glad I did. It was really really good and I recommend everyone to watch it. Its on netflix. I never knew this guy was so messed up. Its a shame he seems like a really nice guy, obviously things work out for him and he cleans himself up. that could have changed by now tho haha. Anyway do yourself a favor and watch it. I actually think it was better than the Anvil movie.

I watched it - good flick, very depressing.... Bobby is lucky to be alive
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 1:20 am

Great doc, very moving and open-ended. I wonder how he's doing now. Awesome band, too.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 1:54 am

Really good band!!
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 11:58 am

headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 12:02 pm

Some of that footage of Bobby....No
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 12:10 pm

yea. Especially the part where hes scratching himself cause he thinks hes got parasites. They show his one arm and its got a nasty slice right down the middle. I almost threw up haha

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 12:12 pm

Quote :
 It ended up being on HBO about a month ago.

Dang. I hope it's still playing. I'd love to see this.

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Like Pentagram?   Anyone Like Pentagram? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone Like Pentagram?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next