Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Soul Asylum

Go down 
+7
manny
mc666
EvyMetal
SAHB Healer
Shiney
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Soul Asylum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Asylum   Soul Asylum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 1:52 pm

Remember when Spec talked about music? Ah, those were the days...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soul Asylum   Soul Asylum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 2:14 pm

Beans!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soul Asylum   Soul Asylum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 2:45 pm

Quote :
Remember when Spec talked about music? Ah, those were the days...

Remember when Spec used to respect me and we were good friends?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soul Asylum   Soul Asylum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 2:47 pm

that should get him..

Last edited by SAXON1500 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soul Asylum   Soul Asylum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 2:47 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:

Remember when Spec used to respect me and we were good friends?

Shaddup, that stills stands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soul Asylum   Soul Asylum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 2:49 pm

Don't respond so damn quick. ya mess up my retorts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soul Asylum   Soul Asylum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 3:32 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Beans!
lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Soul Asylum   Soul Asylum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 3:34 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Beans!

Sounds like Korn.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soul Asylum   Soul Asylum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 9:39 am

So finally I am exploring Soul Asylum. I have listened to Say What You Will and While You Were Out so far. There is a serious transformation with the band just between those 2 albums. Great raw rock. That's a terrible description, but as accurate as I can be right now. Smile I'm looking forward to Hang Time the most. Should be here in my greasy hands soon!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Soul Asylum   Soul Asylum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 9:50 am

Right on, Spec. HANG TIME is a great album, I'm sure you will dig.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Soul Asylum   Soul Asylum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 11:46 pm

Hang Time is their best easily......but their still a poor man's Replacements....not that there's anything wrong with that.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Soul Asylum   Soul Asylum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 2:43 am

Ginger sheds light on what is Soul Asylum's best record in his Secret History Of Rock N' Roll column for Classic Rock Mag........

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/ginger%E2%80%99s-secret-history-of-rock%E2%80%99n%E2%80%99roll-pt-10/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Soul Asylum   Soul Asylum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 4:05 am

Can't disagree with most of what Ginger says. Except, I really don't think Grave Dancers Union should be panned as if it was a whole different band that recorded it. Is it Hang Time? No. Is it Made To Be Broken? No. But it is a hell of an album that came through at a time that music was seriously starting to suck! Tell me April Fool is not as great as Standing in the doorway. Or Somebody to Shove is not essential to the 90's rock soundtrack. That whole album was cool. So what if alot of people thought the same at the time! This is one time I will side with the sheep!

** My favorite will still always be "Take it to the Root" off of "Clam Dip. I used to crank that out the windows of my flat in downtown Minneapolis, as all the suits shuffled off to their jobs at the Federal Reserve, which was just a couple blocks away. Funny how many blue polyester 3 pieces with red ties have been manufactured since Reagan took office.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Soul Asylum   Soul Asylum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 6:51 am

Yeah Grave Dancers Union is no Hang Time but it's one hell of a record despite Runaway Train being a bit of a cold fish of song..........there i said it. Big muscular "Rock" production but still retains what was great about them, very similar to Dramarama's Hi-Fi Sci-Fi in many ways.

It's great Ginger wrote up Hang Time, it kinda confirms my idea that ole Ginge cadged a few ideas from it for the Wildhearts debut Earth Vs.........but in a good way.

The guy is on a roll with these Secret History Of Rock N' Roll column's.......Jason & The Scorchers, Long Ryders, Maria McKee, Angel, Starz and Soul Asylum. A man of refined taste.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soul Asylum   Soul Asylum - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soul Asylum
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2