Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Disturbed "Asylum"

Go down 
+9
Eyesore
manny
tohostudios
Gilbert
Shawn Of Fire
dirtracin1
mc666
Troublezone
MetalRob331
13 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Disturbed "Asylum" Empty
PostSubject: Disturbed "Asylum"   Disturbed "Asylum" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 2:25 am

Disturbed just released "Asylum" and the album is up for streaming here http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/disturbedofficial/

Im not the biggest Disturbed fan but they are a fun band and their music has tons of groove and gets my blood pumping. Good album and it follows most of the same Disturbed path with a few twists here and there.

Anyone picking this up?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Disturbed "Asylum" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disturbed "Asylum"   Disturbed "Asylum" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 2:38 am

I like a few of their songs here and there...

If they just had a "best of" record i would buy it.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Disturbed "Asylum" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disturbed "Asylum"   Disturbed "Asylum" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 3:03 am

i'll get it eventually. it's just not a priority musically.

dirtracin1
Metal student
Metal student
dirtracin1

Number of posts : 140

Disturbed "Asylum" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disturbed "Asylum"   Disturbed "Asylum" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 6:34 am

I plan on picking it up. Bought a 2 track single of"Another way to die" from Asylum and enjoyed it. The second track on it is a cover of Judas Priest "Living After Midnight". Found it at Wal-Mart a couple weeks ago for 2 bucks.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Disturbed "Asylum" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disturbed "Asylum"   Disturbed "Asylum" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 7:22 am

I liked the Believe album when it was new...they kind of lost me afterward. They're a good band...just not my thing.

That said, I am taking my son to see them tonight in Charlotte.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

Disturbed "Asylum" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disturbed "Asylum"   Disturbed "Asylum" Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 12:43 am

Are these guys real metal?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Disturbed "Asylum" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disturbed "Asylum"   Disturbed "Asylum" Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 8:43 am

They're Metal...just a modern version of it.

Disturbed was honestly kind of boring last night. The played "Prayer" and their cover of "Land Of Confusion", both of which I enjoyed. But their stuff is so samey that an hour-plus kind of blurred together....same tempos, same grooves, same key...yawn. No pyro, but lots of video (which just kind of played behind them while they played the songs)...

Avenged Sevenfold (w/ Mike Portnoy on drums) was MUCH better than Disturbed were last night...energetic, varying song delivery, ridiculous musicianship and guitar playing, great lights/pyro...good show by a good band.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Disturbed "Asylum" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disturbed "Asylum"   Disturbed "Asylum" Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 8:48 am

That's my problem with Disturbed's albums. To me if you've heard one, you've heard them all. "Ooooooo....ack, ack, ack ack!". They're not bad but I find them very samey.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Disturbed "Asylum" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disturbed "Asylum"   Disturbed "Asylum" Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 8:59 am

tohostudios wrote:
That's my problem with Disturbed's albums. To me if you've heard one, you've heard them all. "Ooooooo....ack, ack, ack ack!". They're not bad but I find them very samey.

Agree 100% I like 'em but like toho and Shawn stated, the 'samey' the only band who cang et away with that is AC/DC
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Disturbed "Asylum" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disturbed "Asylum"   Disturbed "Asylum" Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 9:02 am

tohostudios wrote:

Exactly...and as a result, there are a few songs I like and can take them in very small doses, but that night cured me...I can go the rest of my life not hearing them anymore.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Disturbed "Asylum" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disturbed "Asylum"   Disturbed "Asylum" Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 1:09 pm

Good band. The first album, in my opinion, is a bit of a modern classic. It was fantastic, fresh and unique, and they've never been able to replicate it. Though they've tried, which is annoying. You can't force monkey sounds! Haha.

Haven't heard the new one, but I imagine I'll grab it at some point. Or maybe not. I don't have their last one yet.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

Disturbed "Asylum" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disturbed "Asylum"   Disturbed "Asylum" Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 12:40 am

manny wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Agree 100% I like 'em but like toho and Shawn stated, the 'samey' the only band who cang et away with that is AC/DC

UDO also can get away with being repetitive
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

Disturbed "Asylum" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disturbed "Asylum"   Disturbed "Asylum" Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 9:32 pm

I think he's a good vocalist but he kind of got stuck doing a couple of weird things with his voice,you know, the whole monkey noises and all that, now he doesn't seem to be able to stop doing it and it makes all the music sound the same.
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

Disturbed "Asylum" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disturbed "Asylum"   Disturbed "Asylum" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 8:43 pm

Disturbed are an awful band.I would rather listen to almost anything else. I can't stand their fans. If you actually like this "music", then I would have to say you lack taste.Now Presenting:
the worst bands ever list:1.Disturbed
2.Five-Finger Death Punch
3.Linkin Park
4.staind
5.Slipknot
6.Trivium
7.Atreyu
8.Green Day
9.Creed
Seriously, you should have no business listening to Disturbed if you're over the age of thirty.They have been around for a decade now, and your tastes should have matured to more innovative, progressive fare such as Bal-Sagoth, Into Eternity,Zigoku Quartet, Orphaned Land or Opeth.I would contend that if your over the age of thirty and you actually ENJOY Disturbed, I would suggest that you most probably suffer from some form of a mid-life crisis.I would contend their lyrucks are a banal form of torture.

"But I don't get it
Don't you think maybe we could put it on credit?"

Uhhh, no I don't think so.Isn't that what got this country in so much trouble in the first place? Sub-Prime mortgages, and Disturbed still having a career a decade later. No wonder the US is in such decline.

Back to top Go down

Disturbed "Asylum" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disturbed "Asylum"   Disturbed "Asylum" Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 11:39 pm

Other than Green Day, I pretty much would echo your thoughts [at least the list part] TM. Disturbed are just plain boring. I would rather listen to Garth Brooks fiddle player forever, then to have to hear one more corporate rock band.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Disturbed "Asylum" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disturbed "Asylum"   Disturbed "Asylum" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 7:17 am

troublemagnet wrote:
Disturbed are an awful band.I would rather listen to almost anything else. I can't stand their fans. If you actually like this "music", then I would have to say you lack taste.Now Presenting:
3.Linkin Park
4.staind
5.Slipknot
6.Trivium
7.Atreyu
8.Green Day
9.Creed
Seriously, you should have no business listening to Disturbed if you're over the age of thirty.They have been around for a decade now, and your tastes should have matured to more innovative, progressive fare such as Bal-Sagoth, Into Eternity,Zigoku Quartet, Orphaned Land or Opeth.I would contend that if your over the age of thirty and you actually ENJOY Disturbed, I would suggest that you most probably suffer from some form of a mid-life crisis.I would contend their lyrucks are a banal form of torture.

"But I don't get it

Uhhh, no I don't think so.Isn't that what got this country in so much trouble in the first place? Sub-Prime mortgages, and Disturbed still having a career a decade later. No wonder the US is in such decline.

Laughing very hard Never knew there was an age when you should stop listening to a band. There are some killer bands on that list you mentioned. Creed, one of my fav bands of all time, FFDP rocks, Atreyu just keeps getting better, Trivium, I mean its cool to bash Trivium right? Matter of fact its easy to bash all those bands thats the cool thing to do.

Music is music, if you don't like it don't listen. If you have something resourceful to say I'll listen but dont degrade a band or a person just because you dont like the music.

Still a funny post Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Disturbed "Asylum" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disturbed "Asylum"   Disturbed "Asylum" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 8:27 am

troublemagnet wrote:
3.Linkin Park
4.staind
5.Slipknot
6.Trivium
7.Atreyu
8.Green Day
9.Creed

"But I don't get it

I 100% disagree but thanks for the laugh
Back to top Go down

Disturbed "Asylum" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disturbed "Asylum"   Disturbed "Asylum" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 9:10 am

troublemagnet wrote:
3.Linkin Park
4.staind
5.Slipknot
6.Trivium
7.Atreyu
8.Green Day
9.Creed

I don't care for any of those bands either, but taking a dump on bands that others like and then force feeding bands you like under the premise of maturity is....well...lacking maturity. Your post reads like a 14 year old bashing Miley Cyrus because 30 Seconds To Mars is more mentally stimulating.

Quote :

Yes. The country's success hinges on what music is popular. That's a widely held belief.
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

Disturbed "Asylum" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disturbed "Asylum"   Disturbed "Asylum" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 9:26 am

troublemagnet wrote:
ning to Disturbed if you're over the age of thirty.They have been around for a decade now, and your tastes should have matured to more innovative, progressive fare such as Bal-Sagoth, Into Eternity,Zigoku Quartet, Orphaned Land or Opeth.I would contend that if your over the age of thirty and you actually ENJOY Disturbed, I would suggest that you most probably suffer from some form of a mid-life crisis.I would contend their lyrucks are a banal form of torture.

Firstly, let me say that I would contend that I am a huge Immortal fan (even wrote an article about them) and I am also a fan of Disturbed. I am also a huge fan of Opeth having seen them several times in concert and I own all of their albums. I am generally a big fan of heavy music and that INCLUDES Disturbed amongst many other bands.

And while we are on the topic of CONTENDING - I contend that attitudes like that is what is wrong with metal and being a metalhead. I hate that tag because it is associated with moronic Manowar-esque attitudes that imo have no place in music. If you like being that way fine but keep it to yourself. As much as I love Manowar, and indeed Eric Adams is a great vocalist, anyone who lives by their lyrics or rather filters what they like and dislike based on ideas of true metal has not progressed anywhere beyond the age of 14 or 15 or whatever age you started listening to music.

I love all music that sounds good and I could care less what anyone thinks of my tastes. One's tastes are not up for debate, it is something personal to you and should remain that way. But when you breach that sacred and intimate notion then you will get flamed my friend because you have no business telling people what they should or should not like (and I not singling you personally but everyone who adopts the true metal, oh you must progress bullsh*t mentality).

If anyone keeps wondering why metal is not being taken seriously, look no further than this type of attitudes and you'll see why. Whilst on the topic of progressing, and without sounding like a hypocrite, perhaps it's metalheads themselves who have to progress not the other way around.

Look at the Sodom thread - some dude trying to convince me and others that Slayer have modern elements in their music and that Sodom has never sold out... c'mon that is such immature banter - you don't like Slayer (or insert band) fine with me man, aint gonna force you to listen to it, there's other stuff out there for you to enjoy. Why go out of your way to tell me that "real thrash maniacs" or "true metalheads" wouldn't listen to this music ... if the day comes when I start giving a sh*t what "true metalheads" listen to I may as well go deaf!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Disturbed "Asylum" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disturbed "Asylum"   Disturbed "Asylum" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 12:48 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:

Firstly, let me say that I would contend that I am a huge Immortal fan (even wrote an article about them) and I am also a fan of Disturbed. I am also a huge fan of Opeth having seen them several times in concert and I own all of their albums. I am generally a big fan of heavy music and that INCLUDES Disturbed amongst many other bands.

And while we are on the topic of CONTENDING - I contend that attitudes like that is what is wrong with metal and being a metalhead. I hate that tag because it is associated with moronic Manowar-esque attitudes that imo have no place in music. If you like being that way fine but keep it to yourself. As much as I love Manowar, and indeed Eric Adams is a great vocalist, anyone who lives by their lyrics or rather filters what they like and dislike based on ideas of true metal has not progressed anywhere beyond the age of 14 or 15 or whatever age you started listening to music.

I love all music that sounds good and I could care less what anyone thinks of my tastes. One's tastes are not up for debate, it is something personal to you and should remain that way. But when you breach that sacred and intimate notion then you will get flamed my friend because you have no business telling people what they should or should not like (and I not singling you personally but everyone who adopts the true metal, oh you must progress bullsh*t mentality).

If anyone keeps wondering why metal is not being taken seriously, look no further than this type of attitudes and you'll see why. Whilst on the topic of progressing, and without sounding like a hypocrite, perhaps it's metalheads themselves who have to progress not the other way around.

Look at the Sodom thread - some dude trying to convince me and others that Slayer have modern elements in their music and that Sodom has never sold out... c'mon that is such immature banter - you don't like Slayer (or insert band) fine with me man, aint gonna force you to listen to it, there's other stuff out there for you to enjoy. Why go out of your way to tell me that "real thrash maniacs" or "true metalheads" wouldn't listen to this music ... if the day comes when I start giving a sh*t what "true metalheads" listen to I may as well go deaf!
post of the week. cheers

troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

Disturbed "Asylum" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disturbed "Asylum"   Disturbed "Asylum" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 2:37 pm

Some of you realized that this post wasn't necessarily meant to be taken seriously.You don't gain points with me no matter what other bands you like. You still listen to Disturbed. On some level at least,you can identify with that whole Hot Topic nu-metal asthetic, which I find utterly revolting and long past it's experation date.I can't wait for the nu-metal revival.Yay let's go pogo-ing!
SpectreFate wrote:
troublemagnet wrote:
3.Linkin Park
4.staind
5.Slipknot
6.Trivium
7.Atreyu
8.Green Day
9.Creed

I don't care for any of those bands either, but taking a dump on bands that others like and then force feeding bands you like under the premise of maturity is....well...lacking maturity. Your post reads like a 14 year old bashing Miley Cyrus because 30 Seconds To Mars is more mentally stimulating.

Quote :

Yes. The country's success hinges on what music is popular. That's a widely held belief.
What I'm trying to say here is that a country's taste in popular culture at least partially reflects that given society's relative morality and general intelligence level.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

Disturbed "Asylum" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disturbed "Asylum"   Disturbed "Asylum" Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 3:33 pm

mc666 wrote:
Alex Dee Rokket wrote:

post of the week. cheers

Props Alex Dee. You've just summed up my attitudes on music.

Still think Sodom are more consistent than Slayer Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Disturbed "Asylum" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disturbed "Asylum"   Disturbed "Asylum" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disturbed "Asylum"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: