Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How you got on Heart Of Metal?

Go down 
+45
GrandNational
Sabbath In Solitude
Am I Evil?
mr.electric39
MetalRob331
EvyMetal
metalinmyveins
QuothTheRaven
sam
Selvmord
XYZ
skullsmasher
bgast1
White_Mage
DeathCult
TheGooch
kmorg
ultmetal
tohostudios
jstate
Fat Freddy
rattpoison
HellRaiser
Leatherface
the sentinel
Metal Misfit
Thrasher73
powermacho
Lurideath
Wargod
Tall Tyrion
exact33
SAHB Healer
ThrashedOutCobra33
thejokeriv
TrogDawn
James B.
mc666
arttieTHE1manparty
nevermore
MoonChild
A Handful of Wayne
scottmitchell74
UltraMagnus007
manny
49 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

How you got on Heart Of Metal? Empty
PostSubject: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 4:50 pm

Kinda like your first day of school story how did u discover HOM, what was your avatar etc. Take a trip down memory lane. I discovered this place through my brother who was always on no life till metal all the time and we saw this board and we started reading it and we thought the board was awesome and tried to join but our computer wouldn't let us so we emailed kmorg and figured out the problem and the rest is history.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 4:57 pm

I discovered it thru No Life til Metal, which I discovered when I was looking for online metal cd reviews, it took me a couple of years before I made the decision to join the board since I have never taken part on any online discussions on any subject.
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 4:59 pm

I was actually surfing the net for info on Fates Warning a few years ago and found the Ult's CD collection reviews. This was before the forum was added.

I had it booked marked for years as I found the reviews were on my wave length and I used to read a lot of them. I actually bought a lot of CD's and got into a few new bands based on Ult's reviews.

Took me a while before I came onto the forum. Never really liked the idea of internet forums. Most of the ones I had stumbled across just seemed to be full of idiot fan boys. This is the only forum I regularly visit.
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 5:01 pm

manny wrote:
I discovered it thru No Life til Metal, which I discovered when I was looking for online metal cd reviews, it took me a couple of years before I made the decision to join the board since I have never taken part on any online discussions on any subject.

Funny I was typing my post at the same time and you said almost the exact same thing, just used fewer words.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 5:08 pm

I discovered the CMR via Ult's site and the old HOM went along with both of those.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 5:14 pm

I was looking up my band in a search this site came up. Eyesore wrote something about us. At first I wasnt going to join the site cause I didnt think I would really hang around too often since when I have joined things like this in the past I really never kept up with it. Eventually I figured what the hell I'll just join so I can bug everyone about my band and make them buy our cds. It worked on most of you hahahaha! I didnt want to be a jerk about it though and make it be the only thing I would talk about so I check the place out a little more and I saw a lot of discussions on things that I liked so a year later and im still here. I dont know why though just about all of you really get on my nerves and not all of you have bought a cd yet! I still have a couple boxes left in my closet so stop being cheap people! hahaha. Im only kidding.

Even though I havent met any of you personally for the most part your all really cool people and im glad I stuck around to chat with all of you. Hold on while I get some tissues, Im real choked up here.....Ok im back.... Ive found a lot of great new bands to listen to and also some new friends. Hopefully we will all cross paths sooner or later.

As for my avatar it was my bands album. I got tired of looking at it so now I just keep changing it.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 5:30 pm

Tohonator introduced me from Rock Island.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 5:38 pm

I discovered this place from some of the fine folks over at the CMR.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 5:45 pm

The old Ultimatum board where I was an administrator, as I am here. We can trace that back even further to the CMR, or even FURTHER to the old Tourniquet DZ.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 5:47 pm

manny wrote:

Me too, and my avatar was this badass pic of Ghost Rider. Ah, the good ol' days.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 5:48 pm

i entered the term "ladyboy" into the EzBoard search engine & HoM was #1 on the list. i still feel cheated there are no ladyboys here. aside from scottmitchell & he's taken.

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12632

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 5:50 pm

Ult told me bout his page at X-treme Mardi Gras in 02' and I came and went there from time to time. Earlier this year, I went back to the Ultimatum site to see bout ordering a shirt from them to replace the one I gave Andreas at Cali-Stone last year. I saw the board and got busy, so to speak.
Regarding my avatar...well they are kinda / sorta the hometown local boys from my youth. They were around quite awhile before they put "armed for battle" out. We are still good friends to this very day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 5:55 pm

through the article of heathen's rage....what else....
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 5:56 pm

Quote :
aside from scottmitchell & he's taken.

Dude, if - Heaven forbid - my wife were to ever ditch me I'm high-tailing to your house! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 5:56 pm

I picked door #4 on Let's Make a Deal and my life has not been the same since... Neutral

How you got on Heart Of Metal? Lets-make-a-deal
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 6:21 pm

Was on the old HoM board and that was through Ult's site. I think I found Ult's site though a search on a band (don't remember which one)
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 6:39 pm

Black and White Mage introduced me and every since ive been getting my daily dose.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 7:07 pm

I saw a NLTM link on a Christian metal board, and checked out Ult's site. I was really struck that he had once sold off all his secular music for religious reasons, (I did that myself once) and I figured it was just the kind of place I could relate to for openminded discussion on Christian rock (and everything else, it turns out.) When he put up the link to HOM on NLTM I came aboard.
My avatar is just the album that I feel is the greatest ever, but I mean to change it to an Alex Harvey (SAHB) avatar once I figure out how.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 7:11 pm

I am going to attemp to run for president in another 4 years and thought this was a good place to start!!

Alex

TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 7:17 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
My avatar is just the album that I feel is the greatest ever, but I mean to change it
Don't change a thing!!! You're spot on!!! How you got on Heart Of Metal? 309780
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 7:19 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
SAHB Healer wrote:
My avatar is just the album that I feel is the greatest ever, but I mean to change it
Don't change a thing!!! You're spot on!!! How you got on Heart Of Metal? 309780

Abominog wasn't a bad album either!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 7:23 pm

You both are really old. Smile
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12632

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 7:58 pm

spectrefate wrote:
You both are really old. Smile

lol! 🤘 lol! 🤘 lol!

How you got on Heart Of Metal? 647664 How you got on Heart Of Metal? 647664
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:13 pm

mc666 wrote:
i entered the term "ladyboy" into the EzBoard search engine & HoM was #1 on the list. i still feel cheated there are no ladyboys here. aside from scottmitchell & he's taken.

That's right, and don't you forget it! He's my ladyboy, you stay away from him. angry

I actually saw Ultimatum live before I found any of these online metal boards. I had joined the ASOIAF board and decided to see if there was any heavy metal boards on ezboard. I found the 80's Christian Metal Board first, then the CMR, then the old Ultimatum board.

I kind of tripped out when I figured that Scott was an admin at both the CMR and the Ultimatum board. Quite a "coincidence". Cool
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:22 pm

Actually there were a few of us from the old HOM board that was on EZboard and I think I found it at CMR!

Wargod49
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How you got on Heart Of Metal?   How you got on Heart Of Metal? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How you got on Heart Of Metal?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next