Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again?

Go down 
+16
mc666
Troublezone
EvyMetal
DallasBlack
SAHB Healer
Temple of Blood
iamrockerfun
candlemass
nevermore
Fat Freddy
MoonChild
ultmetal
TheGooch
MetalGuy71
Chairman_Smith
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

?
See the show
What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again? Vote_lcap69%What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again? Vote_rcap
 69% [ 20 ]
Hate it
What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again? Vote_lcap0%What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Be Indifferent
What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again? Vote_lcap31%What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again? Vote_rcap
 31% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 29

AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again? Empty
PostSubject: What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again?   What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 10:01 am

Gillan, Iommi, Bulter, Bevan

(cause Ward woulden't do it I bet)

lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again?   What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 10:08 am

I'd probably go. Why not? Especially if it p*sses of Sharon.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again?   What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 10:08 am

i would probably try and go but it will never happen i fear
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again?   What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 10:15 am

That would be a blast. I saw the Born Again tour in Philadelphia. It was cool, but I also think it was a once in a lifetime event. I doubt it would ever happen. There is a great bootleg of the show I attended floating around.

nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again?   What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 10:17 am

you have that bootleg if i recall scott.

it would never happen. becuase how many reunions do black sabbath need to do now! dio has been with them three times now and ozzy three times
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again?   What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 10:40 am

Gillan with Sabbath is electric! I wouldn't wnt to miss that!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again?   What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 10:49 am

I'd go see that. For a long time in the early 80s, BORN AGAIN was the only Sabbath LP I owned!

I understand that Gillian and Iommi kinda hate each other nowadays though (and that Iommi doesn't even like to talk about that particular album/lineup) so a reunion would be unlikely at best.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again?   What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 10:53 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'd go see that. For a long time in the early 80s, BORN AGAIN was the only Sabbath LP I owned!

I understand that Gillian and Iommi kinda hate each other nowadays though (and that Iommi doesn't even like to talk about that particular album/lineup) so a reunion would be unlikely at best.

They did a version of Trashed recently on Gillan's Inn.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again?   What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 10:59 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I think that Iommi and Gillan have made amends. Yes, they worked together last year on Gillan's solo CD and recorded a new version of "Trashed" from the Born Again album.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again?   What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 11:08 am

ultmetal wrote:
Chairman_Smith wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I think that Iommi and Gillan have made amends. Yes, they worked together last year on Gillan's solo CD and recorded a new version of "Trashed" from the Born Again album.

They did more then that?

I was also reading on Joe Siegler's site that he appeared with Sabbath as a guest

Quote :
XIX
- May 1989 to November 1990

• Tony Martin - Vocals
  • Tony Iommi - Guitar
  • Neil Murray - Bass
  • Cozy Powell - Drums
  • Geoff Nicholls - Keyboards

Albums from this
lineup:

• Tyr

• Forbidden

This
version of Black Sabbath toured for the entire Headless Cross album,
and then recorded Tyr. The band toured for Tyr, but the tour was never
completed. The tour had a few surprises, that being that Ian Gillan,
Geezer Butler, & Brian May
made appearances during a few gigs.
There was a planned US Tour, but it was cancelled. I was annoyed about
that, I wanted to see them. Towards the end of the tour, there are
rumors that Geezer Butler and Ronnie James Dio might be rejoining the
band.

Both the Headless Cross
& Tyr tours did awesome in Europe - but failed miserably in the
United States, with the Tyr shows never making it across the
pond. Damn shame, as this version of the band was probably the
tightest the band had been since their early 70's heyday.

Last edited by on Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again?   What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 11:10 am

I stand corrected, then. Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again?   What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 12:47 pm

I'd love to see it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again?   What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 1:22 pm

On paper, I would go to see it.
But I saw Gillan with DP live this summer and there is NO WAY he would be able to do the Sabbath songs. His range is really limited now. He still works well with DP but those Sabbath songs are completely out of his range.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again?   What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 1:33 pm

Maybe. Generally, I only like the Sabs with Ozzy (and then mainly the first 5-6 albums), but I wouldn't mind seeing them. I've always liked Ian Gillan's voice, even if it is mostly gone.

Then again, I'm a Ronnie James Dio fan, and I don't particularly like his releases with Black Sabbath, soooo....
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again?   What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 1:47 pm

I'd go to any incarnation of Sabbath, though this was the worst for sure, Gezzer couldn't wait for that tour to end!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again?   What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 1:48 pm

love it have it must see it.
but no chance to see them live.
as was said ... only one timer
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again?   What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 4:04 pm

Androcles wrote:
Maybe. Generally, I only like the Sabs with Ozzy (and then mainly the first 5-6 albums), but I wouldn't mind seeing them. I've always liked Ian Gillan's voice, even if it is mostly gone.

Then again, I'm a Ronnie James Dio fan, and I don't particularly like his releases with Black Sabbath, soooo....

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!!?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again?   What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 4:44 pm

I know it's...erm...off, but it just ain't Black Sabbath without Ozzy! (most of the time) Laughing

But I do sort of like Heaven And Hell (the band).

And I like the cover of Born Again.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again?   What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 7:25 pm

4. Buy the DVD
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again?   What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 7:27 pm

I though of that version of Deep Sabbath as a novelty really. I didn't hate it but it's way down (with Never Say Die) as the crazy uncles of my Black Sabbath collection. I know a lot of people like it, but I think it's over rated.
As far as a reunion, what I'd like to see eventually that I think is viable (except for all the ego clashes and grudges standing in the way...too many I'm afraid) is a Sabbath "Family re-union" show that recapitulates the band's history and has as many of the vocalists from Ozzy to Martin doing their own material from their era as would be willing to participate. I know you couldn't get all those people to tour together, but maybe a couple of shows in London or something? Naw, you're right, ain't gonna happen. I like the idea though.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again?   What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 9:17 pm

Wow! A novelty? It's one of my favorite Black Sabbath releases. Actually, I know many people who list it among their favorites. Killer vocals. Great riffs. Good hooks. What's not to like?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again?   What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 10:15 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Wow! A novelty? It's one of my favorite Black Sabbath releases. Actually, I know many people who list it among their favorites. Killer vocals. Great riffs. Good hooks. What's not to like?

Only negative is the production really.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again?   What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 10:25 pm

I'm indifferent, mostly because that is the one era of Sabbath I never heard (I will change that eventually).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again?   What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 10:26 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I'm indifferent, mostly because that is the one era of Sabbath I never heard (I will change that eventually).

You really should.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again?   What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 2:11 am

well, yeah i'd definetly see that. i mean dio was talkin about wanting to do another solo album, so that would leave iommi and butler with nothing to do... except...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again?   What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What would you do if the Sabbath boys toured as Born Again?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next