Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review...

Go down 
+7
brontotex
jerseyultifan+
Metallic Blaze
kmorg
thejokeriv
biddle
ultmetal
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review... Empty
PostSubject: To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review...   To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 8:46 am

Ultimatum
Lex Metalis
Metal cover albums let a band and their audience share their mutual love for heavy metal. The songs are not meant to be spot-on renditions, but tributes to the classics as filtered through the band playing them - sometimes in a different style entirely. This is a very fun collection of metal classics, off the beaten path (that is to say - beyond run of the mill tuneage) that sounds very little like the originals (with the exception of Saxon's "Denim and Leather") and very much like NM thrash masters Ultimatum. Vengeance Rising's "Can't Get Out" has alway been a favortie of mine and Quiet Riot and Twisted Sister in full thrash mode are a riot. Two fists up for Metallica, Priest, Maiden, Motorhead, and Metal Church, as well. How 'bout another round? The "Law of Metal" deserves a second chapter.
[Retroactive] Chris Gatto

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
biddle

Number of posts : 337

PostSubject: Re: To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review...   To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 9:48 am

HAHA!!! Kiss butt review after the horrible hm review? Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review...   To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 9:52 am

ultmetal wrote:
Ultimatum
Lex Metalis
Metal cover albums let a band and their audience share their mutual love for heavy metal. The songs are not meant to be spot-on renditions, but tributes to the classics as filtered through the band playing them - sometimes in a different style entirely. This is a very fun collection of metal classics, off the beaten path (that is to say - beyond run of the mill tuneage) that sounds very little like the originals (with the exception of Saxon's "Denim and Leather") and very much like NM thrash masters Ultimatum. Vengeance Rising's "Can't Get Out" has alway been a favortie of mine and Quiet Riot and Twisted Sister in full thrash mode are a riot. Two fists up for Metallica, Priest, Maiden, Motorhead, and Metal Church, as well. How 'bout another round? The "Law of Metal" deserves a second chapter.

Gee, someone that actually listened to the album!!!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review...   To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 10:06 am

biddle wrote:

Just two different people's perspective I suppose. I doubt that Doug Van Pelt would purposely have someone write a review like that. He's always been about letting his reviewers write whatever they want.

Nice to see a completely opposite opinion of the album though. I sort of figured the same review from HM would show up in Heaven's Metal.

Scott

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review...   To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 12:09 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Ultimatum
Lex Metalis

Ok? surprised

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review...   To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 1:24 pm

biddle wrote:

Exactly what I was thinking.

What with all the people like us who pitched a fit and wrote letters.

Doug Van Pelt might have done this 'subconsciencely', but he did it nonetheless. You know he gave the review to someone he knew would love the album, let's put it that way.
Back to top Go down
jerseyultifan+
Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review...   To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 7:35 pm

maybe now,more folks will see the "bait" we have used to bring souls to the kingdom while remembering our metal youth! i have always stood behind support of this cd and will remain that way.i just got sooo frosted when HM gave that bad review.i guess,its just me,thought the reason i stated above will have been more obvious to the Christian reviewer and less critical! the other review was horrible.was nice to read this one!! i have come to realize however,this is like a hockey game.it can be an "ugly" win. because the truth will prevail,so who cares about a bad review;we are only out to pls an audience of one..thats the Lord!! so,that said,lets get out there and promote/support this cd on the road!!! To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review... Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.roweproductions.com
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review...   To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 9:32 am

"Bait" ?

That is hardly our intention. This album is a collection of songs WE all love and wanted to cover. WE all had a lot of fun doing it and that's what it's all about. Baiting or fooling someone into something couldn't be further away from the way we do things, In fact, it is that approach that has given Christian Metal such a bad rap.
Back to top Go down
jerseyultifan+
Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

PostSubject: Re: To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review...   To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 11:31 am

you misunderstand me,rob,its bringing a secular crowd out with the music you love.i stated that..i said by remembering our metal roots but,bringing a crowd out to hear those and then bringing them a positive message with your other stuff.just said this because this is why the christian community so doesnt understand the "Lex Metalis" cd!! baitin doesnt mean "foolin" to me..means just bringing the crowd something different from Ultimatum!! the folks that have reviewing your cd havent understood that because they view secular metal as "evil" and your attempt to cover these songs was a wrong move.i disagree! i fully support the band!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review...   To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 4:57 pm

brontotex wrote:
"Bait" ?

That is hardly our intention. This album is a collection of songs WE all love and wanted to cover. WE all had a lot of fun doing it and that's what it's all about. Baiting or fooling someone into something couldn't be further away from the way we do things, In fact, it is that approach that has given Christian Metal such a bad rap.

AMEN!!! To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review... 11840
Back to top Go down
jerseyultifan+
Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

PostSubject: Re: To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review...   To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 6:13 pm

agree 100% too! just sad that i was misunderstood! then we agree,rob,really because i was trying to explain why christian reviewers have a hard time with this cd! i understand and happen to love that the band covered songs that i grew up loving and in a totally different way! i agree with u 100% gives christian metal a bad rap b/c its pereceived as evil to some! i wasnt busting on you or the band.just the people that in most christian circles giving this great cd a bad rap! it was great to see the record company show again their support behind you! very encouraging! you guys will always have my support!
Back to top Go down
Isaiah 40:31
Metal novice
Metal novice
Isaiah 40:31

Number of posts : 32

PostSubject: Re: To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review...   To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 9:30 pm

You KNOW I LOVE IT!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/elderblues
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review...   To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 9:27 am

Bump for Ultrametal

Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

PostSubject: Re: To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review...   To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 9:37 am

make that 2 bumps!! To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review... 911681 To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review... 795291
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review...   To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:21 am

Good to see this review, I am sure it has more to do with tastes of the writer than Dougs influence. But it make me wonder if a metal band should even bother with HM anymore, unless Ultimatum decides to start wearing tight chick pants and eyeliner HM may be a waste of time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
jerseyultifan+
Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

PostSubject: Re: To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review...   To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:45 am

now there is a kodak moment for sure! j/k
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review...   To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 12:35 pm

Doug doesn't edit the content of Heaven's Metal..... He publishes it, but doesn't have his hand 'in the mix' directly..... especially as far as Heaven's Metal album reviews......
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
FlyingV
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

PostSubject: Re: To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review...   To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:27 pm

Yep, saw that in my copy of Heaven's Metal. Glad to see they got it right on that review.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review...   To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To contrast the HM review, here's the HEAVEN'S METAL review...
Page 1 of 1