Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crystal Ball (Switzerland) Power Metal

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Crystal Ball (Switzerland) Power Metal Empty
PostSubject: Crystal Ball (Switzerland) Power Metal   Crystal Ball (Switzerland) Power Metal Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 3:42 pm

Ok as most of you may know, the best thing to come out of Switzerland was the road to Germany, but that aside this country wouldn't be well known for it's Metal bands (apart from the wonderful Hellhammer/Celtic Frost & Coroner).

So if you look beyond all the dodgy Bank Accounts and Chocolate bars you'll find some amazingly good bands like Godiva (I've been on their side since the debut) Emerald (new album "Hyns of Steels" just released) and of course Crystal Ball.

Are there any fans of this band here ? I love 'em, I think Mark Sweeney is a better vocalist than D.C. Cooper and their style of Melodic Power Metal is some of the best available & you have to check out their version of "Crazy" by Britney Spears.

new album "Secrets" is out next Friday (16th Nov) on AFM Records

Crystal Ball (Switzerland) Power Metal 172521

http://www.crystal-ball.ch/

Discography :

In the Beginning - 1999
Hard Impact - 2000
Virtual Empire - 2002
HELLvetia - 2003
Time Walker - 2005
Secrets - 2007

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Ball (Switzerland) Power Metal   Crystal Ball (Switzerland) Power Metal Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 3:46 pm

They're a band I've been looking for for like two years now, at least. Can't find anything by them, though. I loved all the samples on their website when I listened. I can't wait until I'm rich.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Ball (Switzerland) Power Metal   Crystal Ball (Switzerland) Power Metal Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 11:25 am

Love this band!!
Got Virtual Empire, Hellvetia and Timewalker.
And I totally agree, Mark Sweeney is a great vocalist!!!
Didn`t know they had a new one coming, last time I checked their webpage, there were only one or two members left, and Mark Sweeney also has a solo album out this year. Definitely getting this one.
Eyesore, their albums should be easy to find as they are on major labels, my three are on Nuclear Blast, now they are on AFM.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Ball (Switzerland) Power Metal   Crystal Ball (Switzerland) Power Metal Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 3:27 pm

Olafsto wrote:
Eyesore, their albums should be easy to find as they are on major labels, my three are on Nuclear Blast, now they are on AFM.
Well, yeah, if I weren't a music addict that can't afford to pay full price for CDs. Haha. I'm holding out for used/cheap copies.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Ball (Switzerland) Power Metal   Crystal Ball (Switzerland) Power Metal Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 6:30 pm

i have Virtual Empire. can't remember what it sounds like though. i'll have to dig it out & refresh my memory.

SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Ball (Switzerland) Power Metal   Crystal Ball (Switzerland) Power Metal Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2007 6:57 pm

Funny, I was just listening to Virtual Empire this weekend for the first time in awhile, and thinking how much I like it.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Ball (Switzerland) Power Metal   Crystal Ball (Switzerland) Power Metal Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 6:52 am

Never heard of them but the album cover looks awesome. I would probably like the music seeing as I've never seen a good album cover that didn't have music that interested me. Just the same I will check them out.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crystal Ball (Switzerland) Power Metal   Crystal Ball (Switzerland) Power Metal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crystal Ball (Switzerland) Power Metal
Page 1 of 1